Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 163 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 27th, 2013, 04:05 PM   #2431
country flag ArcticMoose

ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
I'm not officially on her team's pay roll, i can't disclose state secrets
All sounds very dodgy & underhand to me.....increases more suspicion on the Kvitty Cabal Caravan...
ArcticMoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 27th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #2432
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not officially on her team's pay roll, i can't disclose state secrets
I read " i can't disclose state secrets , I'm officially on her team's pay roll"
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 05:21 PM   #2433
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

OK, so in the next round an ailing Petra will be playing on one leg against a player who beat her in their last encounter on grass, but according to bookies she's now become 2nd favorite for title after Rena

[/ANTIJINX]
Petronius is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #2434
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
OK, so in the next round an ailing Petra will be playing on one leg against a player who beat her in their last encounter on grass, but according to bookies she's now become 2nd favorite for title after Rena

[/ANTIJINX]
Bookies are screwed, as I've already said, I wouldn't like to be in their position right now. They've got incredibly unpredictable bottom half of the draw so their last chance or not loosing all the many is Rena winning the final.

But we'll see who will get there at the end. For now I would be totally fine with Petra in the 4th round!
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 03:40 PM   #2435
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Getting to Know: Petra Kvitova

Quote:
Defending New Haven Open Champion Petra Kvitova is currently in England attempting to regain the Wimbledon title she won in 2011. The World No. 8 took time out of her training to answer some questions about her off-court life and her eagerness to return to New Haven in August.

How do you feel about coming back to compete in the 2013 New Haven Open?

I am really excited. I had such a great time there last year and it’s always special to arrive at a tournament as defending champion. The tournament staff were so nice there and I like that it’s relaxed before heading to New York, which can be a bit crazy

What was your best memory about your run to the New Haven Open title in 2012?

Tough question. Every match was a battle and I remember the final against Kirilenko when I fought a lot. Against Lucie I played really well, that was probably my best match there.

What about the New Haven Open makes it a special event for you?

I would definitely say the quiet atmosphere, everything is close and easy, the lovely tournament director Anne – and great facilities. So everything really!

New Haven is known for its great restaurants, where are some of your favorite places to eat in town?

Well my favourite food is sushi and I remember going to a great sushi restaurant near the Study Hotel – I think it was called Miya’s.

From your Facebook Page and brand new website, we see that you have been having some fun off the court this year! When you get free time, what have you been doing to let loose and relax?

Oh, when I am home I liked to spend time with my niece and nephew, I like to go and watch some live sports – like football and ice hockey – I go to the cinema and of course I love to shop, like every girl!

What music have you been listening to lately? What books have you been reading?

Pink’s latest CD; Headhunters by Jo Nesbo

In some of your most passionate moments on court (like after you crack a big forehand winner), you say “pojd.” Can you explain what that means?

Haha! Yes, it just means ‘come on’!

What are your goals for the rest of the WTA season and the 2013 New Haven Open?

I don’t really like setting specific goals as I focus more on my performance on court and how I am feeling. If I am playing good tennis I know I can win matches, so I try to stay healthy and just fight hard to win every match I play.
I approve choice of book, i like Jo's novels

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus

Last edited by ShiftyFella : Jun 28th, 2013 at 03:48 PM.
ShiftyFella is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 11:06 PM   #2436
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold

Petra's interview on sport.idnes.cz:
Quote:
If we can get back to the Friday eight lost games sequence, what was flying through your head during it?
I was trying to delete last rallies in my head and focus on the next one. But I gave her my finger and she took my whole arm. She got up, she stood on the base line, pushed me and I was running two metres behind my base line. I can't play like that.

These waves are so typical for you. Why?
It's mental affair. I have to think only forwards. If I know the formula, I would avoid the slumps. I know that I have to work on it.

Do you feel that the destiny is wishing you luck this year at Wimbledon?
When the tournament is over, maybe I will say that good luck helped me. Perhaps I am lucky, but I don't think about it now. I know that I am the highest seed in the bottom half of the draw. But it's not about the ranking on grass. There are girls who like the grass and can surprise on it. We've seen it here couple of times.

But you can calm down: you're in the round of 16, troubles with sore leg are subsiding, you got by the unknown situation…
I hope that I can do it. I like grass. I'm going to play for an hour on Sunday, I don't want to tempt the leg.

Suarez is in round of 16 for the first time. You have positive record against her 4:1. What do you think about her?
She can play uncomfortable backhand slice. Although she's Spanish, she knows how to play on grass. I am favourite, but it can be treacherous match.
Good to know that Petra knows what she has to improve and that Navarro is dangerous.
And other Czech Davis Cup and Fed Cup team members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.
Old Jun 30th, 2013, 01:17 PM   #2437
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not officially on her team's pay roll
New member of her team : Maria

Quote:
I do translations from English to Czech for Petra Kvitova's official website.
Quote:
Yep, I still work there and I work in a sports management company as well now.
She is a friend of Nathii. It´s fine.
Old Jun 30th, 2013, 09:23 PM   #2438
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Full press transcript after 6-3 2-6 6-3 3rd round win vs Makarova
Quote:
Q. What was the difference between yesterday and today?
PETRA KVITOVA: It was another day for me. Yesterday when we start to play was quite close every game, and we were keeping our serves with 3‑All. Then after suspended, I play so well, I came back to the court. I was really on fire.
But, I mean, some easy mistakes came again. Was quite difficult to came back in the match. So I was quite glad that it was quite dark and we are continue today.
And I knew that still to play this match, was quite difficult to play Makarova on the grass. She's playing quite good on the grass. So, I mean, it was pretty tough.
Yeah, I played really well. I should go for every point and play my game. So I played quite aggressively. That was the key.

Q. No problem with the grass?
PETRA KVITOVA: No problem with the grass today (smiling).

Q. How important was that win mentally for you?

PETRA KVITOVA: I think that a lot. I expected very tough match against Ekaterina. I lost against her last time when we play on the grass at Eastbourne. I know she likes to play on the grass, as me, and she won the Eastbourne. So she pretty likes it.
I know that it's third round. I didn't play second round. It was quite tricky not to play three days a match. Yeah, I hope that I take some confidence from this match.

Q. Do you think you will?
PETRA KVITOVA: I hope so.

Q. When was the last time you felt that you were playing the kind of tennis that you wanted to play, that you felt you were playing really well in a particular tournament?

PETRA KVITOVA: Well, I think when I played first round, I start pretty well this match. That way I felt really confident on the grass. And I have to say yesterday when I came after suspended, I played really good, too. And today, too.

Q. Where do you feel your game is compared to two years ago?
PETRA KVITOVA: That's quite difficult question for me. I mean, I'm not the person who likes to comparing some years.
Of course, 2011 I played really well. I mean, I play my best, for sure. Every shot was going to the court.
It's not the same this year. But, I mean, I have some good things in my game what really seems like 2011. But I drop off little bit. It's always little bit up and down, but I hope it will be more up than down.

Q. Do you feel if you can erase these inconsistencies you can challenge again?
PETRA KVITOVA: Well, I hope so. I like to play on the grass. I have nice memories from 2011. Of course, I will try my best to play every match for 100% and try to win every match.

Q. What do you think about your next opponent?
PETRA KVITOVA: I know I'm playing Suarez Navarro. I played her in Brisbane. I mean, she is quite tricky opponent. She is from Spanish, but she can play good on the grass, how we see. She has a great slice, so it will be very difficult for me to play against her.
I mean, we know each other quite well. She's very talented player. So I have to play same as today.

Q. You're not thinking about what's next after Suarez?
PETRA KVITOVA: I didn't look who is next. I mean, who I'm playing now, and that's it for me.

Q. We know you're a very private person. There's some stuff floating around now about your private life. Is that something that's difficult to cope with, or have you been dealing with it okay?
PETRA KVITOVA: Well, I'm here to play tennis. That's what I thinking right now. That's very important tournament for me. I had a quite tough matches in my back. So I'm focusing on my tennis now.

Q. What is the most important thing for you as you go along in the rest of the tournament if you're going to be successful?
PETRA KVITOVA: I think when I played today, I felt really confident on the court. It's quite difficult for me to keep this level for all match, I think. Always I have some moment where I'm not playing really well. I think that's the key for playing better, like all match.
I mean, I have to say that sometimes it's a little bit trouble with my serve and I do some double‑faults. I think that's the key, too.

Q. You say sometimes in your matches you're a little bit up and down. Why do you think that is? Do you think there's something you can do to work on that to avoid the peaks in the matches?
PETRA KVITOVA: I think it's for sure the mentally side that I have to be focus on every point, just thinking about the next point, not about the past.
You know, if I know the answer, my matches are not up and down, of course. That's something what I have to improve to play my good tennis.

Q. Looking back to last year, was it difficult being the defending champion? Is it a little bit easier this year because you're not?
PETRA KVITOVA: I feel more relaxed this year, for sure. I mean, last year was quite narrow for me to play on the Centre Court as the defending champion. Also lot of new experiences for me, which I'm really glad to have it for sure.
I mean, this year I'm feeling more relaxed, just thinking about my game, not the time as a defending champion here.
But I think it's a little bit like less pressure on me.

Q. You said it's hard to keep your level during every match. Do you feel tired?
PETRA KVITOVA: No, I'm not feeling tired. I said that I have to keep one level, I hope, quite high level all the match, not like that every match is different.

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 03:24 AM   #2439
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
Bookies are screwed, as I've already said, I wouldn't like to be in their position right now. They've got incredibly unpredictable bottom half of the draw so their last chance or not loosing all the many is Rena winning the final.

But we'll see who will get there at the end. For now I would be totally fine with Petra in the 4th round!
Are you satisfied? Or do you want more?
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 10:40 AM   #2440
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
Are you satisfied? Or do you want more?
I said for now, I would be satisfied only with QF today!
Quote:
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 12:11 PM   #2441
country flag paulmara

next round : Flipper
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 12:24 PM   #2442
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
next round : Flipper
Yes, she defeated CSN 7-6 6-3 and will play against Flipper who defeated Penetta 7-6 6-3.
Quote:
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 12:45 PM   #2443
country flag hypersonic

hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road

Another tricky player. Battle of the serves here.
hypersonic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 12:58 PM   #2444
country flag hypersonic

hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road

And of course, Serena is having trouble with Lisicki. Lisicki now having clinched the first set, 6-2! Serena having her off-day. Her second serve is just being pushed towards the court.
hypersonic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 04:10 PM   #2445
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypersonic View Post
Another tricky player. Battle of the serves here.
Flipkens has a good serve?
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote