Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 162 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #2416
country flag pling

pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
Did you guys check Petra's website already?

http://petrakvitova.net/
just saw it

now she needs some results to justify it
pling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #2417
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

I did.
Quote:
HELLO EVERYONE AND WELCOME TO MY NEW WEBSITE!

Iím so pleased to finally have my own website up and running Ė it has been a lot of fun being involved in the design and development of the site and I really hope you enjoy it.

I wanted the site to be simple to use, sophisticated and most of all fan-friendly, which is why I tried to get you involved in the process. Thanks so much for your help with picking the logo, I really like the end result!

I hope you enjoy getting to know me better in the ďabout meĒ section, following me around the tour with my new blog and having all my facebook and twitter feeds in one place.

I promise to keep you up to date with all my news and results , plus provide behind-the-scenes pictures and videos when I can.

So take a look around and let me know what you think.

Lastly, and most importantly, thanks for all your support as always,

Petra
Petra has a blog there, this is a post she wrote before going to England for grass season:
Quote:
FROM CLAY TO GRASSÖ

Hi guys, Iím currently at home in Prostejov for a few days, preparing for the grass-court season and getting ready to leave for England, where I will play at Eastbourne and then Wimbledon!

For sure I wasnít happy to lose in the third round at Roland Garros, but tennis is always up and down and you learn to cope with disappointments and maintain a positive mindset. I hope the grass will be better and everyone knows Iím looking forward to being back in my favourite place again

Preparation for the grass season has been going well, although we have had a lot of rain here so I have been playing indoors a lot and on artificial grass when I can. There have been some terrible floods in the Czech Republic and there was a lot of damage so that was very sad to see.

So what have I been working on to get ready for grass? Specifically my movement. On grass I have to stay lower and take a shorter backswing. My coach has been hitting me very fast balls and the artificial grass is very fast so itís good practice. Sometimes it can be very tiring on the legs to stay low but I did some good exercises with Kristian (my fitness trainer) so my muscles are stronger and I hope my legs are prepared.

I have also been volleying against the wall. I did it in 2011 and 2012 and it worked so why not? I also hit forehands and backhands against the wall too, again because itís fast and I can shorten my strokes.

I think I feel more free this year. Last year I was very nervous going back as Wimbledon defending champion and had a lot inside my head. There is less pressure on me for sure so Iím looking forward to being there again. It will always be a special place for me.

Iím a person who likes to live without pressure but on the other hand pressure is important. I have to live with it. 2011 was a special year because no one expected me to win. Now everyone knows I can play well. I put pressure on myself too because I want to do my best, but Iíll never be the same girl I was in 2011.

I think still I can play my best tennis and that is what motivates me. Iím really looking forward to walking through the gates and getting started.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 08:46 PM   #2418
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
Nothing serious. She will play. But evertyhing hurts her : ankle,achilles tendon, calf, knee, groin, butt, back, second leg
yes it is, she has symptoms that are associated with hip flexor pains and she was diagnosed by trainer that this is a hip flexor, sometimes hip flexor problem are mistaken for more serious injuries concerning pelvis. hip flexor problems affect her mobility(sprinting,changing directions) and she will have less strength in her legs therefore she can't properly move, serve or stay low going to the net and if she has partial tear she can tear muscle completely losing motion in her leg. fixing this is easy, pain pills can't relive muscle stiffness and resting them takes a long time, best and fastest thing to do is special stretching\strain relief exercises, they can be painful but she has to do them with Proby, he is there to fix this sort of problems and keep her in match ready conditions not let's rest and wait routine.

Quote:

it's been up few day already and i'm happy that Petra posted my videos of her matches

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 08:52 PM   #2419
country flag ArcticMoose

ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
i'm happy that Petra posted my videos of her matches
So how does Petra's website gethold of your videos of her matches? Do you send them to her website for posting? or does her website uplift the videos you post on Hello Kvitty or GM threads?
ArcticMoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 08:55 PM   #2420
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Maybe the background color is too dark, but sure looks like a solid site to begin with
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #2421
country flag pling

pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future

Quote:
yes it is, she has symptoms that are associated with hip flexor pains and she was diagnosed by trainer that this is a hip flexor, sometimes hip flexor problem are mistaken for more serious injuries concerning pelvis. hip flexor problems affect her mobility(sprinting,changing directions) and she will have less strength in her legs therefore she can't properly move, serve or stay low going to the net and if she has partial tear she can tear muscle completely losing motion in her leg. fixing this is easy, pain pills can't relive muscle stiffness and resting them takes a long time, best and fastest thing to do is special stretching\strain relief exercises, they can be painful but she has to do them with Proby, he is there to fix this sort of problems and keep her in match ready conditions not let's rest and wait routine.
Sounds like Petra was very lucky that Slava pulled out today, as she would have aggravated it. Gives them two more days to deal with this.
pling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #2422
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticMoose View Post
So how does Petra's website gethold of your videos of her matches? Do you send them to her website for posting? or does her website uplift the videos you post on Hello Kvitty or GM threads?
I'm not officially on her team's pay roll, i can't disclose state secrets

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 09:35 PM   #2423
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Quote:
How do you know all of this?
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 09:56 PM   #2424
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:
How do you know all of this?
I'm fitness nut and had experience crying like a baby overcoming stiff muscles

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 10:28 PM   #2425
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Say what you want guys about Wimbledon, but for me be the biggest news today is that Microsoft brings back the START button
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 11:38 PM   #2426
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
Nothing serious. She will play. But evertyhing hurts her : ankle,achilles tendon, calf, knee, groin, butt, back, second leg
Didn't Petra slip, fall the other day??

I think two things can be going on here, besides Shifty's well detailed assessment.

1) If Petra fell, all the pain she's feeling can be from the Fall. When you slip and fall, you strain, stretch and bang a lot of different body parts.

2) Grass usually makes you hurt all over (though people don't usually realize this). Combine that affect, with the hip flexor and the fall, then it would only makes sense she would be in pain all over.

I didn't read the article, detailing the injury. But I'm hoping the it's more the grass/fall, than the hip flexor, causing this pain allover her body that Paulmara described/paraphrased?

Petra's played through injury and pain before. As long as it's not excessive, pain killer should be fine.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 12:40 AM   #2427
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Quote:
oooooh
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 08:48 AM   #2428
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I'm not officially on her team's pay roll, i can't disclose state secrets
I wanted to write this before you but I couldn't. I think it's awesome that Petra shares you videos.

Quote:
Well said, Shifty.
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 02:06 PM   #2429
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Petra should be fine.

She can't, shouldn't use this as an excuse for losing (if God Forbid She did). Her team has a way of making every nagging, or potential nagging injuries--that players usually carry--sound more than what they usually are.

I'm sure she'll pop a few pain killers (as she's done in the past, if the pain persist), and should be good to go!!

Good Luck tomorrow Petra!!
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 02:33 PM   #2430
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Petra Kvitova ‏@Petra_Kvitova 3h
Just off to practice! You can read my latest blog on my new website here http://bit.ly/14bY6hz pic.twitter.com/JGOAYWek3q

Quote:
GRASS IS GREENER

It is very weird to be in the third round without playing a match. It hasnít happened to me before and Iím sad for Slava, but unfortunately itís the reality of how it goes sometimes.

Yesterday was a weird day for sure, with so many players injured and pulling out. I saw Vika [Azarenka] when she fell in the first round and she seemed in a lot of pain, limping in the locker room afterwards, and about Maria [Sharapova] I donít know what happened but I heard she fell a lot of times.

A lot of people asked me if the courts are different this year. All I can say from my first round match is that itís more slippery and I feel the grass is slower than before. Itís weird because if feels softer and longer than normal, but I know itís always 8mm.

I remember the Olympics was slippery and felt like different grass, and it feels like that. But I have only played one match, so hopefully when I play my third round tomorrow it will feel more normal.

I play Makarova tomorrow and it is always strange to play another lefty. I know she likes to play on the grass, like me, so Iím expecting a very tough match for sure. I will have to play better than I did in the first round, and I will have to play my aggressive tennis.

Wish me luck!

Petra