Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 161 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:40 PM   #2401
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Something from isport.cz to calm you down:

Quote:
It looks like Azarenka in the quarter final (). Is the way through more opened now?
"That's far away, I don't care really. Makarova is waiting for me, I lost the match against her last time. She knows how to play on grass very well, she's a leftie. It'll be very hard match. I don't look farther."
Good to know that Petra knows how to act right now.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:55 PM   #2402
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post

You don't think Petra says that every match?

When have you ever heard her look ahead??

It'll all be decided on the court, then we'll here the excuses after (if she was ever to lose).

PS: I didn't say that to 'repeat it'. I'm only illustrating how useless it is for you to believe in this/that, cause Petra never speaks that way publicly (though she'll complain about pressure after/later she loses an unexpected match), especially in light of your response to me.

It's all in her head (and how she manages it_) at the moment!!
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #2403
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
You don't think Petra says that every match?

When have you ever heard her look ahead??

It'll all be decided on the court, then we'll here the excuses after (if she was ever to lose).

PS: I didn't say that to 'repeat it'. I'm only illustrating how useless it is for you to believe in this/that, cause Petra never speaks that way publicly (though she'll complain about pressure after/later she loses an unexpected match), especially in light of your response to me.

It's all in her head (and how she manages it_) at the moment!!
I know you're right, I was just looking for something positive from her side.
That's all, I know she can't say "Oh my God, I'm gonna play Wimbledon final against Rena! Oh my God!".
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #2404
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Something from isport.cz to calm you down: )
It didn´t calm me. She could train only 30 minutes without pain
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 07:11 PM   #2405
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
It didn´t calm me. She could train only 30 minutes without pain
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 07:18 PM   #2406
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know you're right, I was just looking for something positive from her side.
That's all, I know she can't say "Oh my God, I'm gonna play Wimbledon final against Rena! Oh my God!".
Well, you overreacted earlier (and appeared to on her Presser comments), so that's what you get.

It's funny: Back in the day she used to say these various platitudes and niceties, before she Kicked Your Ass, and knew she was going to do it!

Now, when she says them ('not looking ahead, giving players credit, acknowledging she can lose to lower ranked players'), she means it!!
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #2407
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Nothing calming, Proby isn't doing his work, i thorough they worked on hip flexor yesterday or today but looks like they're in wait and see mode, he should know that this isn't going away

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 07:53 PM   #2408
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Proby isn't doing his work, i thorough they worked on hip flexor yesterday or today but looks like they're in wait and see mode, he should know that this isn't going away
I wouldn´t say. Petra mentioned that "maybe something is torn"
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 08:16 PM   #2409
country flag ArcticMoose

ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of

Another way to look at this is : will her injury let her survive 5 more matches? assuming she progresses a match at a time!..

IMHO I don't think she will get past Makarova....even though we love her... there is no denying she is an absolute mess right now ...mentally, physically, emotionally and tennis skills wise....
ArcticMoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 08:31 PM   #2410
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I don't like that article's title though:

"Kvitova: The grass has become more dangerous. I can't remember when it was this slippery."

We can expect more falls, injuries and withdrawals
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 08:37 PM   #2411
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticMoose View Post
Another way to look at this is : will her injury let her survive 5 more matches? assuming she progresses a match at a time!..

IMHO I don't think she will get past Makarova....even though we love her... there is no denying she is an absolute mess right now ...mentally, physically, emotionally and tennis skills wise....
I don't think it is that bad, although I don't know how serious the injury is. I do think that she played well in 1st set and for a large part of the 2nd the day before yesterday, if she wouldn't have messed up the end of the 2nd set, she would end it easily in two sets.
Her serve is working better (she hit hardly and more of 1st serves in), she got out of trouble thanks to her serve couple of times, although it was the serve which let her down, but I think that it's more about her head than about everything else. She's still scared of double faults and she doesn't believe in her self enough in tight moments, that's why she's making mistakes.

I think it'll be tough to beat Makarova and she will have to bring in her best tennis, but she certainly has a chance. But who knows how Makarova will play on Friday? I think that nobody can say how it could end, I will wait for that match and will see what happens.
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 08:38 PM   #2412
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
I wouldn´t say. Petra mentioned that "maybe something is torn"
yes but she didn't mention going to the doctor checking it, so they just sitting on their buts. if it's something serious they need to do something to prevent long term injury, if not Proby needs to give Petra exercises for hip flexor because problem like this isn't going away on it's own, like i said before something like this can cost her the match and horse dose of pain pills can't help like with shoulder niggles

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 08:44 PM   #2413
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
I don't like that article's title though:

"Kvitova: The grass has become more dangerous. I can't remember when it was this slippery."

We can expect more falls, injuries and withdrawals
I guess nobody got my point.
I quoted the part that calmed me down a bit and I wasn't too serious and didn't expected that most of you will take it like this. The article actually doesn't bring anything new really. I think we all already now that the grass is very slippery and dangerous (according the amount of withdrawals and falls). We also know that Petra is injured and that her physio is not the greatest of all people in his field. You haven't needed this article to realize it.

And yeah, I think we can. I hope the grass will be scrubbed enough until Friday and the other rounds so it won't be so dangerous for Petra to play at it. I also hope that she will expect it and will be more careful. Because I guess that the most healthy player wins this years's Wimbledon.

Quote:
yes but she didn't mention going to the doctor checking it, so they just sitting on their buts. if it's something serious they need to do something to prevent long term injury, if not Proby needs to give Petra exercises for hip flexor because problem like this isn't going away on it's own, like i said before something like this can cost her the match and horse dose of pain pills can't help like with shoulder niggles
I guess docent Kolář would be great to look at her, hope he has time for her!
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 08:57 PM   #2414
country flag paulmara

Quote:
if it's something serious they need to do something to prevent long term injury
Nothing serious. She will play. But evertyhing hurts her : ankle,achilles tendon, calf, knee, groin, butt, back, second leg
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 09:05 PM   #2415
country flag steni

steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future

Did you guys check Petra's website already?

http://petrakvitova.net/
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote