Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 160 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 21st, 2013, 12:22 PM   #2386
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Article is useless, they just printed her words from WTALive show with added fluff, so it would look like an actual article. That quote is from her interview with Cronin has been copy-pasted literally everywhere
I know the article is useless, I posted only because of the video and I said it is "good article" because they largely avoid to repost the spam.
*Jack* is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 21st, 2013, 12:25 PM   #2387
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
I know the article is useless, I posted only because of the video and I said it is "good article" because they largely avoid to repost the spam.
They were one of the first to repost two articles from Blesk about this mess

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 12:27 PM   #2388
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
They were one of the first to repost two articles from Blesk about this mess
I meant in this one article, they wrote only one sentence. That is great performance for them.
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 04:05 PM   #2389
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, Petra actually sounds pretty confident in that article, like she's gunning again for the title despite the current mediocrity

Can't wait for Vuvurenka-Kvitty QF
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 09:43 PM   #2390
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Acc. to ahaonline.cz (tabloid), Radek's father says:

"If the relationship between Radek and Petra goes well, we should be glad that two tennis families unite" , Mr. Stepanek said, laughing.

BTW, Blesk's recent headlines:

Tennis lovers Kvitova and Stepanek: A Night of Passion in a Hotel!
Stepanek was having a date with Kvitova, while Vaidisova was returning to her parents!

Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 05:06 AM   #2391
country flag Queen Petra Fan

Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all
Red face Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
According to Blesk, Petra ditched Adam and is dating Radek, who is divorcing Nicole.

Mess

I just fell off my chair!

Not the news I wanted to wake up to! OMG!!!! NOOOOOO!

This is probably not going to end well......
Queen Petra Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 06:30 AM   #2392
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Quote:

"If the relationship between Radek and Petra goes well, we should be glad that two tennis families unite" , Mr. Stepanek said, laughing.

Stepanek was having a date with Kvitova, while Vaidisova was returning to her parents!

Oh my gosh... Im wondering what Petra's dad think about all of this BS.
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 12:10 PM   #2393
country flag *Jack*

Quote:

This said all to me for now.
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 12:01 AM   #2394
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatkt View Post
My heart skipped a beat when I saw those photos of hers with Stepanek, and now this unconfirmed news of their being together has reignited my fears. If it is true (and I am still hoping and praying that it doesn’t turn out to be true) then this is the worst decision Petra could have made. Stepanek?? Really?? Is she serious?? Has she lost her mind??

That guy has already ruined a promising talent in Nicole. What is it about him that young girls get attracted to him? I really fail to understand. He doesn’t really have a sparkling personality. His career achievements are not extraordinary, is 11 years her senior and in twilight of his career.

I beg of you Petra don’t do this to yourself.
To your first point: yes, she has lost her mind for reasons only she knows about.

To your second point: there is something that the ladies love about Stepanek, but I don't want to get banned, so I won't say what it is. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out, though.

EDIT: we forget he's on his 3rd WTA player.

RIP Elena Baltacha. You were taken far too soon from us. You will be missed, loved and remembered.
Vicky Duval Get well soon. We're all pulling for you in this awful fight you now face.
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #2395
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Exclusive Interview with Petra Kvitova
Quote:
What was it like last year, defending your title?
I had quite a solid year, two grand slam semi-finals, stayed in top 10. I know I didnít have a big title like Wimbledon. I didnít think I needed to do different things but I knew it would be tough to repeat 2011, that was really impossible. I remember that I lost my first round in Eastbourne, I was practising and didnít feel well, I felt pressure and was nervous to play first round, which is always tough for me. I canít say I was as nervous as before a final but it was different nerves, thoughts in my head, it wasnít easy. But I was also looking forward to being there, my parents were there. I felt pressure for sure, everyone wanted to see my best game. I think it was my first experience of something like that.

What is it about Wimbledon you enjoy so much?
I love Wimbledon. Thatís my favourite tournament. Thereís a lot of history and 2011 are the best memories I ever had. Itís nice to be back on the Centre Court where you feel history, playing in white. Itís very special just because itís Wimbledon.

What was it like having your parents here last year?
For me it was pretty nice. I never thought it would be like this, but for them it was more emotional than for me. They donít speak English so it was quite tough for them but I think they enjoyed seeing me on the court again. I think they enjoyed it more when I played in the final in 2011.

Will they come again this year?
It depends how I will play. I donít like to have my parents there from the beginning of the tournament, it gets in my head too much. I like to have a normal routine.

You have a big game but are you working on your consistency?
Thatís my game, to play a little bit of risk. I know a match I can have a lot of winners, but another one I can have a lot of unforced errors. To stay part of the top 10 I need to be a bit more consistent. I am still working on what I know, the aggressive game, but sometimes to maybe just stay in rallies and not take any more risk than normal, waiting two more shots for the winners. Itís a balance.

How do you feel youíre playing at the moment?
I think my tennis is a bit up and down at the moment but Iíll try to have some good results for sure but I want to stay in the top 10. Wimbledon is always the goal. For me, Wimbledon is the best. I know I can play with great players and can beat them, sometimes.

What are you like when things are not going right?
I am the person who keeps these feelings inside me and itís not good because itís still there and sometimes it will show up in matches. I have a mental coach and I am trying to work with him very closely. He knows me very well. If I am very nervous and I know that I canít do it by myself, I tell him. I know that I can be open and say everything I feel that I have to say. If Iím at home I try to visit him once a week. If I am a tournament we Skype or text or email, so if I have any troubles, I call him. Sometimes he starts the conversation, if he sees something, he sends me a message. Or if I have troubles, I send message to him.
by Simon Cambers from Tennis Space

I like this part
Quote:
I want to stay in the top 10. Wimbledon is always the goal.
it's good that she knows she can be out of Top10 and wants to stay there

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 12:43 PM   #2396
country flag *Jack*

Short interesting article on isport.blesk.cz from yesterday.

Quote:
Kvitova overcame the pain: It goes the right direction, the grass calms me down.

DIRECTLY FROM LONDON | For the third time Petra Kvitova entered the 1st round of grand slam, for the third time she was worried about the result until the deciding set. But for the third time she was able to fight off the threat of loss. The wimbledon champion defeated Coco Vandewegh 6:1, 5:7, 6:4 and improved her record from All England Club from 2010 to 17 wins and 2 losses.

You was serving for the win in the second set at 5-4 and failed. That slowly becomes a sort of tradition.
ĄIt really shouldn't be happening, especially not like that, I served two doubles faults in a game as today. I'm aware of it, I have to change it. Although I practised the serve very much. Ask David (the coach Kotyza), how many of baskets full of tennis balls we have served out. But besides that moment I cannot say that I served so badly today. I feel that I'm more confident on serve, it goes the right way.ď

You had your self treated for a long time before the third set. What exactly hurt you?
ĄI slipped badly two times today. When I was stepping on my right foot after that I had cramps around my hip. I rather called for the physio, she gave me a tape and I took a pain killer.ď

Is it ok already?
ĄNot now, I feel the whole leg. I'm glad that Kristian is here. (fitness coach and physiotherapist Bajza) He arrived by plane on Saturday, he already had to work with me on Sunday, when I was stiff after Eastbourne. He will have to work today as well.ď

You won one round in Eastbourne. How happy are you with transition to grass?
ĄI am kind of. The two matches in Eastbourne were the best in last three years that I started to play on grass. It calms me down that I'm back on the surface I like.ď

Does the record 17:2, that you have in Wimbledon, calms you as well? Only Serena Williams has been able to beat you here for the last three years.
ĄWell, I have a lot of work to do to reach Serena again. (they would play each other in the final) But seriously, it all started for me in 2010 in semifinals here, the 2011 was a fantasia and even the last year's match with Serena was really good. I want to approach it again.ď

Your next opponent - Jaroslava Shvedova, 55th in the world, will be against that.
ĄShe won the doubles here, so she has to know how to play somehow on grass. But I do as well. I hope that I can utilize it.ď
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 01:16 PM   #2397
country flag Petronius

Quote:
"Well, I have a lot of work to do to reach Serena again."
Smart girl
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #2398
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

That "top 10 comment" with Petra in the Simon Cambers, Tennis Space article/interview, is the problem in a nutshell right there [i.e.; low ambition, self worth, work ethic at current].

Petra appears to have no problem stating she wants to be in the top 10 (whether real or imagined). However, she's been DEATHLY afraid to ever say she wishes to be #1, or even #2, #3 [anymore] since 2011. Unfortunately, I think that's telling (besides the point that she'd have to be slumping and teetering near the edge of the top 10, to even address this).

And why is "Wimbledon always the goal"? What about the French, Australian and US Open (mind us the current, convenient answer)??

As Petronius said at one point last year: 'Petra wants to be in the top 10, win a few tournaments here or there, travel; enjoy her life, and maybe win a few more Wimbledon's after Serena retires'?

I hope this isn't true (especially the Wimbledon, few tournament portions). But we'll see?

Prove it wrong Petra!!
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 06:48 PM   #2399
country flag ArcticMoose

ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
According to Blesk, Petra ditched Adam and is dating Radek, who is divorcing Nicole.

Mess
You should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself Petronius for starting such mass hysteria on TF regarding a mature Radek ‘Conquering’ an ‘available innocent’ Petra… expected more of a steady & balanced post from you in the coffee bar rather than throwing a tanker of Gasoline at the rumour embers… just wonder what sort coffee you are drinking at such establishments...

On a side note : If it had been Berdych instead, there would have been less of an outcry but for the Lucie sympathisers crying ‘bitch’ on Kvitty
ArcticMoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #2400
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticMoose View Post
You should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself Petronius for starting such mass hysteria on TF regarding a mature Radek ‘Conquering’ an ‘available innocent’ Petra… expected more of a steady & balanced post from you in the coffee bar rather than throwing a tanker of Gasoline at the rumour embers… just wonder what sort coffee you are drinking at such establishments...

On a side note : If it had been Berdych instead, there would have been less of an outcry but for the Lucie sympathisers crying ‘bitch’ on Kvitty
Wonder what they would be saying if there was a rumour about Petra and Lucie?