Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 156 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 1st, 2013, 08:13 PM   #2326
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Petra: I miss my confidence
http://sport.idnes.cz/kvitova-vypadl...90612_tenis_ma

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 02:51 AM   #2327
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
Interesting interview!
Kotyza talked about Petra's emotional dependency and need of having OK live to play her best tennis. And that was the problem at the first part of a year. He also said that although she is playing badly she's trying the same in practice as she's doing while she's playing well, he says that he has never seen that she wouldn't like to train or something like that (hope it make any sense in my words ).

EDIT:

I would recommend her the same. Mainly the Czech "fans" are sometimes so stupid that I'm worried that she will read these nonsense posts and would think that everybody hate her or that she's fat and so on.
ufff, took me a while to make sure I didn't miss anything here

intentionally avoiding comments in general forum I don't even think that's a good idea, how on earth will she be able to avoid that 100%? and they think she doesn't know some (if not a lot) people hate her or the fact that she's overweight? how many "unpleasant" feedback has she received compared with Maria, Vika, Ana, Na? I bet not even 5%, and is there a better way to motivate yourself to train your ass off than hearing people say you can't do things? (or compare you to Ivanovic )
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 02:53 AM   #2328
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
doesn't sound like "losing confidence" is the main point here, she's just glad the clay season is over
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 02:46 PM   #2329
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeyWimey View Post
ufff, took me a while to make sure I didn't miss anything here

intentionally avoiding comments in general forum I don't even think that's a good idea, how on earth will she be able to avoid that 100%? and they think she doesn't know some (if not a lot) people hate her or the fact that she's overweight? how many "unpleasant" feedback has she received compared with Maria, Vika, Ana, Na? I bet not even 5%, and is there a better way to motivate yourself to train your ass off than hearing people say you can't do things? (or compare you to Ivanovic )
I don't think she should avoid any feedback or criticism! Kotyza said that Petra is self-critic enough and there are much more way how the negative reactions can get to her, so why read some idiotic discussions from people who are probably oftentimes in worse condition (both mental or physical) and has nothing better to do than criticize her again and again because she's not fulfilling their very high expectations?
And thinking logically, I don't think so Petra is able to avoid these discussions on 100%.

Here is the radio interview with Petra in which she's talking about how mad is she because of the early loss in 3rd round. She said that Hampton was much better opponent than Peng and that she hasn't played well enough. She wants to play better on court than she does now. She can't play the same as two years ago because the expectations are different. And she said that she will train hard so the grass season could be better.

Last edited by *Jack* : Jun 2nd, 2013 at 02:54 PM.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 04:03 PM   #2330
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think she should avoid any feedback or criticism! Kotyza said that Petra is self-critic enough and there are much more way how the negative reactions can get to her, so why read some idiotic discussions from people who are probably oftentimes in worse condition (both mental or physical) and has nothing better to do than criticize her again and again because she's not fulfilling their very high expectations?
And thinking logically, I don't think so Petra is able to avoid these discussions on 100%.

Here is the radio interview with Petra in which she's talking about how mad is she because of the early loss in 3rd round. She said that Hampton was much better opponent than Peng and that she hasn't played well enough. She wants to play better on court than she does now. She can't play the same as two years ago because the expectations are different. And she said that she will train hard so the grass season could be better.
Petra is much more in the public eye than we are,but almost anyone has to decide on how to ignore worthless naysayers with bad intentions while still being open to criticism from credible sources---and only a fool closes his/her ears to the latter.Let's hope that Petra can find the right attitudinal balance there

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

JUSTICIA PARA LAS NORMALISTAS!! Pena de muerte para todos los narcos en Mexico!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 05:44 AM   #2331
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Coming soon to Petra's Video Thread: Petra interviewed on the 'Road to RG'.They seem to have eliminated the cheesy,'Which ATP player would you like to have sex with' question this year...a good idea,as it marketed the players as easy sluts.Some of them ARE like that,of course,but it's nice for those who AREN'T,like Petra,that the questions have,so far this year,been of the standard and not the crass variety

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

JUSTICIA PARA LAS NORMALISTAS!! Pena de muerte para todos los narcos en Mexico!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 12:35 PM   #2332
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Coming soon to Petra's Video Thread: Petra interviewed on the 'Road to RG'.They seem to have eliminated the cheesy,'Which ATP player would you like to have sex with' question this year...a good idea,as it marketed the players as easy sluts.Some of them ARE like that,of course,but it's nice for those who AREN'T,like Petra,that the questions have,so far this year,been of the standard and not the crass variety
It's already there.
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 10:15 PM   #2333
country flag Palkov

Palkov is an unknown quantity at this point

Fair summary of current season: http://www.tennisnow.com/News/What-N...a-Kvitova.aspx

Some quotes about the serve:
While Kvitova's big groundstrokes are a key part of her game, it is her big lefty serve that is the cornerstone of it. And the cracks in that once-formidable weapon are starting to show this season. Kvitova of late has changed her service motion, which now has her moving her arms more up during the toss. It is a subtle difference, but perhaps one she has introduced to curb the staggering amount of double faults she's racked up so far.

Of all the players in the current WTA top 10, Kvitova, as of this week, has hit a whopping 200 double faults. Maria Sharapova is not far behind with 193. World No.1 Serena Williams, who likes to go for it on her serve, has committed a somewhat paltry 93 in total. Those double faults from Kvitova make players less afraid of her serve and give them more confidence in their return games.

Let's hope the total DFs number was influenced by her arm injury and Petra will improve the 1st serve from now on
Palkov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2013, 09:56 AM   #2334
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Catching Up with Kvitova
Quote:
Today, I’m spending time with one of my favorite players, Petra Kvitova—also known, to the spectators who wander past her match with Monica Niculescu on Court 2, as, “Is that the girl who won Wimbledon?” Or, alternatively and more damningly, “She isn’t the girl who won Wimbledon, is she?” The latter was overheard as the Czech frames a forehand out of Devonshire Park.

The answer to that question is, of course, yes—and then again, no. When Kvitova opens the match by racing to a 4-0 lead, peeling off winner after winner in glorious succession, she looks exactly like the 21-year-old who marched straight to the Wimbledon title two years ago, the player who neither Victoria Azarenka nor Maria Sharapova could slow down for more than a moment, whose big lefty forehand and distinctive celebratory yelp instantly became famous.

On the other hand, when Kvitova is broken in a welter of unforced errors and has to toil mightily to get the ball inside the lines before finally closing out the first set, 6-4, she looks like the woman who’s struggled to match that success ever since, suffering some surprising, even inexplicable, defeats. Part of that, of course, has to do with Niculescu, whose game is predicated upon getting a lot of balls back and making life as difficult for her opponents as possible.

In that sense, it’s a good win for Kvitova, better than Niculescu’s ranking of No. 49 would suggest. It’s also worth keeping in mind that today saw Tamira Paszek, the defending champion and a quarterfinalist at Wimbledon, retire against Caroline Wozniacki with a left thigh injury, and Agnieszka Radwanska, another former champion and last year’s Wimbledon finalist, beaten by qualifier Jamie Hampton. Backing up one’s achievements is no easy matter in today’s WTA.

“It’s something that I really want—to be there again.” That’s how Kvitova summarizes her feelings when I ask her about Wimbledon during our one-on-one sit-down after the match, and it’s clear that she means more than just playing the tournament. She wants to play like that again; she wants to win. Borrowing my phrase of “ups and downs” to describe her season so far—she won the title in Doha, but has struggled to make much of an impression apart from that, and lost early in Paris and Melbourne—she acknowledges that it’s been “disappointing,” but adds: “…this is the tennis. It’s some[thing] I have to learn.”

Actually, she says “[i]t’s some what I have to learn.” Kvitova’s English has improved a lot (and it’s certainly miles ahead of my grasp of any language other than my own), but it can still be a barrier, such as when I ask her how she feels about male players who criticize equal prize money, She loses herself in a spate of mangled clauses from which it’s impossible to extract a quote, but she still makes her opinion clear: “This is the men,” she shrugs, and laughs.

In fact, Kvitova laughs several times during our conversation—and so do I. She’s funny, in a dry way that hasn’t come across to me before, in little bursts before she settles to the serious business of trying to provide an answer to my questions. When I ask her what it means to her that the WTA is celebrating its 40th anniversary and how she feels about the legendary players who have made women’s tennis is as great as it is, she jokes, “Like me, you mean?” before describing it as “an honor” to be part of the occasion.

Perhaps if we saw more of this Petra, relaxed and amusing, there would be fewer confused spectators trying to figure out who she is. The struggle for players to let the softer, more fun aspects of their personality out for the world to see is a familiar one; Andy Murray’s gradual media evolution comes to mind, as does the recent wholehearted adoption of Twitter by Kvitova’s compatriot and sometime training partner, Tomas Berdych. I ask Kvitova—who is a Tweeter, although a less prolific one than Berdych—if there’s something about who she is as a person that she wished was more generally known. “I think everyone has a personality that they’re trying to show on [the] social networks,” Kvitova says vaguely, and adds, “But sometimes it’s quite tough and hard to open more to the people.” She doesn’t read comments directed to her on Twitter any more, not for about three years, because of the kinds of things that people said. Did it used to upset her? “Sometimes, yes.”

Not all online opinion about Kvitova is unpleasant, though. It was a commenter on this website who coined for Kvitova one of my favorite nicknames of all time, ‘del Petra’, because of the resemblance her big game and placid demeanor bears to a certain Argentine pro. Like Juan Martin del Potro—also a Grand Slam champion who hasn’t yet managed to repeat—the key to Kvitova’s game on this surface is to get low to the ball. Unlike del Potro, she’s played her best tennis on grass.

In the second set against Niculescu, which she wins 6-1, Kvitova starts coming to the net a lot more, slicing beautifully and making delicate drop volleys, managing to outfox the Romanian and, on one memorable occasion, best her in an exchange of reflex volleys. Afterwards, she says with a smile that she’s been practicing volleys so much that “I’m glad that I was there [at the net].”

Like everything Kvitova does, when it works it takes your breath away; when it fails to work, it does so to a degree that makes you wonder how it ever would. It’s a strange alchemy, and I get the sense it’s a mystery she’s still exploring herself. But if it is all going to come together again, there’s no better nor more likely setting for it to do so than on the lawns of Wimbledon.
TENNIS.COM Article by Hannah Wilks

Nice article about Petra on tennis.com? that's a rarity

Treachery is a virus
Old Jun 19th, 2013, 12:27 PM   #2335
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

The article is nice and well written. Thumbs up
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 08:54 AM   #2336
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

According to Blesk, Petra ditched Adam and is dating Radek, who is divorcing Nicole.

Mess
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 09:49 AM   #2337
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
According to Blesk, Petra ditched Adam and is dating Radek, who is divorcing Nicole.

Mess
Well, Radek was at Petra's first match, Kotyza was carrying his tennis bags and had training session with him before tournament started, also they all arrived together but this is Blesk i wouldn't look much into it

Treachery is a virus
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 10:29 AM   #2338
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Well, Radek was at Petra's first match, Kotyza was carrying his tennis bags and had training session with him before tournament started, also they all arrived together but this is Blesk i wouldn't look much into it
I'm very surprised how far from the Czech republic all the people who know Blesk knows that it is a complete junk!

The article is actually using very weird math which is based on presumption that if two tennis players from the same country, both members of Fed/Davis Cup teams are free (according to what Tejkal says ) they have to be instantly dating together. They just forgot about that other 7 billion of people in the world.

If it is true, I wouldn't be so mad but I think it would be only temporary relationship for them to move on. But I'm actually discussing tabloids so don't take my post too seriously.

EDIT:
It is official now, because "non-tabloid" internet newspapers sport.cz wrote about this too:

They claim that some sources from The Prostejov tennis club are saying this.

Last edited by *Jack* : Jun 20th, 2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 10:34 AM   #2339
country flag Petronius

Quote:
I'm very surprised how far from the Czech republic all the people who know Blesk knows that it is a complete junk!

The article is actually using very weird math which is based on presumption that if two tennis players from the same country, both members of Fed/Davis Cup teams are free (according to what Tejkal says ) they have to be instantly dating together. They just forgot about that other 7 billion of people in the world.

If it is true, I wouldn't be so mad but I think it would be only temporary relationship for them to move on. But I'm actually discussing tabloids so don't take my post too seriously.
I wouldn't diss the article so quickly. Blesk was the first to report that Barbora Strycova was banned for doping and it turned out to be true. I'd say they are correct in about one out of three cases
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 10:45 AM   #2340
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:

I will give them credit, timing is perfect to come up with this. Petra reportedly ditches Adam, attends all of Stepanek matches in Prostejov, Radek divorces with Nicole, serves as helping hand on Petra's photoshoot and both travel to Eastbourne together with watching each other matches. Too bad Radek can't make it in time for Wimbledon Party if he tanks his match just to spin this story little more

btw, article was reposted in sport.cz which didn't say much too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
I wouldn't diss the article so quickly. Blesk was the first to report that Barbora Strycova was banned for doping and it turned out to be true. I'd say they are correct in about one out of three cases
They can be right about divorce and just because rest fell in it's place brought Petra to spice things up

Treachery is a virus