Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 155 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 30th, 2013, 06:45 PM   #2311
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

In the next match you're facing the American player Jamie Hampton, who eliminated Lucie Šafářová in the first round. What do you know about her?

Nothing. No idea. Maybe I'll ask Safie.

http://sport.lidovky.cz/tenistka-kvi...rt-ostatni_mih

Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 30th, 2013, 08:15 PM   #2312
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Was unaware that Petra was teaming up with Magda in doubles(in re Jack's post in the Twitter thread).Petra's doubles results are usually so modest that I don't expect too much from them.I'm content when Petra does well in Singles but,if she ever DOES get better at Dubs(especially to the end that she wins titles),then more power to her
I don't know if the two girls are teaming up in doubles but they seemed to have fun while they were waiting for their matches.

EDIT:
Quote:
Katie Spellman ‏@Spellman_Katie 1h
Pojd! RT @rolandgarros: Watch @Petra_Kvitova answer @patporada's Q: What do you yell after winning a point? #RG13 https://vine.co/v/bYdMBalPupX
Funny Petra explaining what is she yelling after winning a point.

Last edited by *Jack* : May 30th, 2013 at 08:57 PM.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #2313
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
I don't know if the two girls are teaming up in doubles but they seemed to have fun while they were waiting for their matches.
Yeah,I screwed up by misinterpreting your post and misreading Petra's intent.Apparently,they weren't waiting to play together....they were TOGETHER,waiting to play

Btw,Petra broke her recent pattern of barely surviving her opening match in 3 sets,then bombing out in her next one....so THAT's good news

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2013, 09:11 AM   #2314
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Funny Petra explaining what is she yelling after winning a point.
Funny. And when Ms. Spielmann is at it she should teach Petra that we say 'That means' instead of 'That's means'
Old May 31st, 2013, 06:43 PM   #2315
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Yeah,I screwed up by misinterpreting your post and misreading Petra's intent.Apparently,they weren't waiting to play together....they were TOGETHER,waiting to play

Btw,Petra broke her recent pattern of barely surviving her opening match in 3 sets,then bombing out in her next one....so THAT's good news
It was Petra's mistake I just coped it and plant it here. But I understand why you were thinking like this, if I hadn't the advantage of the Czech version (which was written correctly), I'd read that like you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Funny. And when Ms. Spielmann is at it she should teach Petra that we say 'That means' instead of 'That's means'
Yeah I think it was a slip of the tongue.
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 04:13 AM   #2316
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It was Petra's mistake I just coped it and plant it here. But I understand why you were thinking like this, if I hadn't the advantage of the Czech version (which was written correctly), I'd read that like you.
Thanks for being kind, but I took a little vacation from common sense there;if Petra had entered the Dubs event with a reasonably-competent partner, at least one poster would have commented about that before RG even started, so I should've figured that there was another explanation

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 09:03 AM   #2317
country flag Lufa

Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all

Fine interview with Kotyza: main goal for this year is to win Grand Slam
http://sport.idnes.cz/kotyza-o-kvito...80041_tenis_ma
Lufa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 01:20 PM   #2318
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufa View Post
Thanks Lufa, that's a very interesting interview. What I find intriguing is that Petra is not allowed to read Message Boards or discussions. Probably to avoid nasty comments?
Definitely a new phenomenon that Lendl, Graf or Navra didn't have to deal with back in 1980s
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 01:25 PM   #2319
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufa View Post
Interesting interview!
Kotyza talked about Petra's emotional dependency and need of having OK live to play her best tennis. And that was the problem at the first part of a year. He also said that although she is playing badly she's trying the same in practice as she's doing while she's playing well, he says that he has never seen that she wouldn't like to train or something like that (hope it make any sense in my words ).

EDIT:
Quote:
Thanks Lufa, that's a very interesting interview. What I find intriguing is that Petra is not allowed to read Message Boards or discussions. Probably to avoid nasty comments?
Definitely a new phenomenon that Lendl, Graf or Navra didn't have to deal with back in 1980s
I would recommend her the same. Mainly the Czech "fans" are sometimes so stupid that I'm worried that she will read these nonsense posts and would think that everybody hate her or that she's fat and so on.
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 02:07 PM   #2320
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Petra should avoid GM or Czech tennis forum and i would add tennis.com as banned site

Quote:
Interesting interview!
Kotyza talked about Petra's emotional dependency and need of having OK live to play her best tennis. And that was the problem at the first part of a year. He also said that although she is playing badly she's trying the same in practice as she's doing while she's playing well, he says that he has never seen that she wouldn't like to train or something like that (hope it make any sense in my words ).
To be fair any athlete affected by problems in personal life, tho i still hate him for previous comments that Petra needs cheery and relaxed atmosphere when training

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 05:07 PM   #2321
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
i still hate him for previous comments that Petra needs cheery and relaxed atmosphere when training
Agreed, Petra needs different training methods

Old Jun 1st, 2013, 05:12 PM   #2322
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Agreed, Petra needs different training methods
Her father was strict with her and look what talent he raised and where she is now without his discipline

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 05:40 PM   #2323
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Her father was strict with her and look what talent he raised and where she is now without his discipline
I don't like they fired Ivanko. He's now working with Vesely and it's been a great ride so far.

OTH, the girl doesn't have to do anything. She can retire tomorrow with $15 million in the bank and get pregnant. It's her life and career. Remember Hingis's friend Daja Bedanova or the double Wimbly-junior champ Andrea Strnadova? They both retired at 23 years of age despite being massive talents
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 05:50 PM   #2324
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
I don't like they fired Ivanko. He's now working with Vesely and it's been a great ride so far.

OTH, the girl doesn't have to do anything. She can retire tomorrow with $15 million in the bank and get pregnant. It's her life and career. Remember Hingis's friend Daja Bedanova or the double Wimbly-junior champ Andrea Strnadova? They both retired at 23 years of age despite being massive talents
Get over the Ivanko thing. As I already said if she though that the injuries were caused by Ivanko's training methods, she did what she had to, but I don't know if Bajza is good choice for her. But she hired him because of the positive influence his training had to Lucie Safarova's 2012 results.
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 06:01 PM   #2325
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:
Get over the Ivanko thing. As I already said if she though that the injuries were caused by Ivanko's training methods, she did what she had to, but I don't know if Bajza is good choice for her. But she hired him because of the positive influence his training had to Lucie Safarova's 2012 results.
Agree about Ivanko, he had great discipline but his methods are bad long term and Petra had unnecessary injuries. Probe was hired because CR has very strong case of xenophobia otherwise he would find someone better even in CZ there's some top notch physios left but they're not from his circle, tho i'm not ready to give up on Lucie's former bff

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus