Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 154 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 26th, 2013, 12:35 PM   #2296
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has disabled reputation
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

great interview

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 26th, 2013, 12:47 PM   #2297
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisandco View Post
For those who are interested here is a little interview that Petra granted to me :-)

The lovely Czech player Petra Kvitova, who is currently playing the second Grand Slam of the year in Paris, has kindly taken some of her time to answer few questions for this blog about the first part of her season, Roland Garros and Paris.

How do you judge the first part of your season ?

You know that I didnít start pretty well in Australia, I had quite a tough month there. It wasnít nice for me for sure. Normally Iím playing well in Australia and not this year and it was quite tough to still believe in myself. I tried to build the confidence again and itís something that takes a lot of nerves and feelings in my minds and then I... Read more →
Nice short interview indeed!
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 02:31 PM   #2298
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For those who are interested here is a little interview that Petra granted to me :-)

The lovely Czech player Petra Kvitova, who is currently playing the second Grand Slam of the year in Paris, has kindly taken some of her time to answer few questions for this blog about the first part of her season, Roland Garros and Paris.

You know that I didnít start pretty well in Australia, I had quite a tough month there. It wasnít nice for me for sure. Normally Iím playing well in Australia and not this year and it was quite tough to still believe in myself. I tried to build the confidence again and itís something that takes a lot of nerves and feelings in my minds and then I... Read more →
Merci beaucoup, Tennisandco, and enjoy your time at Roland Garros
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #2299
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Thanks for your contribution and welcome to the forum.I don't know if it impacted your choice of questions or not,but it's probably harder to interview tenistas than other athletes,partly because many of them will never grant you an interview again if you ask a question that's too candid(am talking about FAIR,not sordid,questions).I'd like to think that Petra isn't nearly as big of a diva as other players in that respect,but I can't accurately comment on that.

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Am working on a device that would translate cat meows to human languages
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 04:28 PM   #2300
country flag Tennisandco

Tennisandco is a splendid one to behold Tennisandco is a splendid one to behold Tennisandco is a splendid one to behold Tennisandco is a splendid one to behold Tennisandco is a splendid one to behold Tennisandco is a splendid one to behold Tennisandco is a splendid one to behold Tennisandco is a splendid one to behold Tennisandco is a splendid one to behold Tennisandco is a splendid one to behold Tennisandco is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Merci beaucoup, Tennisandco, and enjoy your time at Roland Garros
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
Nice short interview indeed!
Děkuji !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
great interview
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Thanks for your contribution and welcome to the forum.I don't know if it impacted your choice of questions or not,but it's probably harder to interview tenistas than other athletes,partly because many of them will never grant you an interview again if you ask a question that's too candid(am talking about FAIR,not sordid,questions).I'd like to think that Petra isn't nearly as big of a diva as other players in that respect,but I can't accurately comment on that.
Thank you
Tennisandco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 02:30 PM   #2301
country flag Lufa

Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all

Those frenchies really know how to write politely about the match and players

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/ne...827705885.html

Quote:
No.7 seed Petra Kvitova certainly did not have things her own way, edging out French wild card Aravane Rezai 6-3, 4-6, 6-2 in a match that was far from easy to watch.

The 2011 Wimbledon champion was cruising in the early going only to falter when serving for the set. Rezai broke back 3-5, but Kvitova then broke again to take the set. That should have signalled a comfortable victory for the Fed Cup winner, but her opponent was determined to make the most of an hour or two on a show-court Ė something that once was par for the course but is now becoming an increasingly rare commodity.

Rezai is a far cry from the player who won the Madrid WTA Premier tournament in 2010. She is suffering from a hormonal disorder which is best treated by drugs which are banned in tennis and has plummeted to No.185 in the world. She currently has no coach and is battling with weight problems and confidence issues. And somehow she managed to put all this behind her in the second, breaking early, surviving a break-back and concluding with four games in a row to level the match and break to open the third.

With neither player serving as they would like or moving around the heavy court with any fluidity, the match was a staccato one. Rezai tried to conserve the initiative but the scoreline soon proved too good to be true. As the Frenchwoman tired, Kvitova took the match in hand and stumbled, rather than cruised home.

The big-hitting Czech made the semi-finals here last year, but on current form she will have her work cut out if she is to defend those points against opponents with more clay-court skills and better movement as the tournament progresses.
Lufa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 02:48 PM   #2302
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufa View Post
You should read they twitter, sometimes it's like someone from TF post them

btw
Quote:
Subconsciously shoulder still bothers me
http://sport.idnes.cz/kvitova-vyhral...43026_tenis_ma
I really don't like this shoulder thing that been going on since new guy works with her

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
Old May 29th, 2013, 03:02 PM   #2303
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future

Quote:
I really don't like this shoulder thing that been going on since new guy works with her
she said " shoulder is really OK" she is mentally blocked and afraid of DF and she played like a pusher

http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/tenis/...m-postupu.html
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 03:22 PM   #2304
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
she said " shoulder is really OK" she is mentally blocked and afraid of DF and she played like a pusher

http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/tenis/...m-postupu.html
I know, also it was reported that she has pain in it and i bet you it won't be okay if she play another 3 set match vs Peng, all season long since Aussie summer after they adjusted her routine she has problem with it after few matches and whole mental thing really starts to annoy me, since her mental coach started working with her it's getting worse and worse on mental front. first it was i have mental block getting used to new routine then i started to have problem with my focus then i can't clear my head over some irrelevant mistakes and now her shoulder and being afraid of df. What next? afraid of winning or walking on hard courts? She always accepted DFs and they didn't bothered her because it was byproduct of her game and now suddenly she afraid to make them, naturally this things lead to making them, on top of that problem with shoulder that hinders her serve even more Girl slowly goes nowhere and i don't even want to mention going AWOL when confronted about her issues by media

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
Old May 29th, 2013, 06:16 PM   #2305
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future

Quote:
whole mental thing really starts to annoy me, since her mental coach started working with her it's getting worse and worse on mental front.
He sounds very sophisticated, but his first real tennis tournament was Katowice. I hope Adam support her.

Quote:
Girl slowly goes nowhere
Even Rosol has his own physio now.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #2306
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
At least she's got that racquet stringer who 'creates atmosphere'.
Old May 29th, 2013, 10:46 PM   #2307
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
At least she's got that racquet stringer who 'creates atmosphere'.
At least he's there!
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 03:57 AM   #2308
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufa View Post

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/ne...827705885.html
Well,at least they have a couple credible players in France.We KNOW that we suck at tennis,so our hacks wouldn't even waste any energy pretending that our #1 player(Marcela Zacarias,IIRC--not even in the Top 400)gave Petra a close match.Petra might tank one game just to prevent our gal from being totally embarrassed;otherwise,it'd probably be a 45-minute double bagel

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Old May 30th, 2013, 09:57 AM   #2309
country flag Petronius

Quote:
[OFFTOPIC]

BTW, I expect Lukas to take out Nadal AGAIN (They're due to clash in the third round, if they both make it).

[/OFFTOPIC]
Old May 30th, 2013, 02:11 PM   #2310
country flag bruce goose

Was unaware that Petra was teaming up with Magda in doubles(in re Jack's post in the Twitter thread).Petra's doubles results are usually so modest that I don't expect too much from them.I'm content when Petra does well in Singles but,if she ever DOES get better at Dubs(especially to the end that she wins titles),then more power to her