Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 153 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 17th, 2013, 08:06 PM   #2281
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Can confirm that Excelscior is alive and well,but that's all I'll say...and it's more likely that he'll come back to celebrate when Petra is actually playing WELL
So he should better be back soon!
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 20th, 2013, 11:42 AM   #2282
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

It's official. As of May 20, Petra is again the best lefty female tennis player in the world

1. Williams S. 11620
2. Sharapova M. 10015
3. Azarenka V. 9005
4. Radwanska A. 6475
5. Errani S. 5835
6. Li N. 5335
7. Kvitova P. 5175
8. Kerber A. 5135
9. Stosur S. 3645
10. Wozniacki C. 3625

Last edited by Petronius : May 20th, 2013 at 12:32 PM.
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #2283
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
It's official. As of, May 20, Petra is again the best lefty female tennis player in the world

1. Williams S. 11620
2. Sharapova M. 10015
3. Azarenka V. 9005
4. Radwanska A. 6475
5. Errani S. 5835

6. Li N. 5335
7. Kvitova P. 5175
8. Kerber A. 5135
9. Stosur S. 3645
10. Wozniacki C. 3625
This draw is a joke and Petra doesn't have to be ahead of Kerber in the rankings to be the best lefty.
Old May 20th, 2013, 11:54 AM   #2284
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's official. As of, May 20, Petra is again the best lefty female tennis player in the world

1. Williams S. 11620
2. Sharapova M. 10015
3. Azarenka V. 9005
4. Radwanska A. 6475
5. Errani S. 5835
6. Li N. 5335
7. Kvitova P. 5175
8. Kerber A. 5135
9. Stosur S. 3645
10. Wozniacki C. 3625
Only for one week, just as Herrani #5 with RG points dropped next week order is restored, Petra is 8 behind Errani and NaNa back to #5

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 01:49 PM   #2285
country flag TennisAddict84

TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold

good read on the current state of Petra's game:

http://www.tennisearth.com/news/tenn...lay-853025.htm
TennisAddict84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 01:51 PM   #2286
country flag crescentmoon

crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's official. As of May 20, Petra is again the best lefty female tennis player in the world

1. Williams S. 11620
2. Sharapova M. 10015
3. Azarenka V. 9005
4. Radwanska A. 6475
5. Errani S. 5835
6. Li N. 5335
7. Kvitova P. 5175
8. Kerber A. 5135
9. Stosur S. 3645
10. Wozniacki C. 3625
Way to go
crescentmoon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #2287
country flag hypersonic

hypersonic is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope she regains some points during the grass season, esp. in Eastbourne, because during the NA hardcourt season, she has a LOT to defend (excl. US Open). She also has her chances during the Asian swing. Bold prediction: At the end of this year, Petra at #5.
hypersonic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 09:35 PM   #2288
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Kvitty on the cover of the latest issue of the lifestyle magazine Belmondo

http://www.belmondomag.cz/

Acc. to people who bought the magazine, there was nothing relevant. It seems that the mag just tricked people into buying by promising some juicy info about Petra's private life

But the cover photo is nice.
Old May 21st, 2013, 07:45 AM   #2289
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kvitty on the cover of the latest issue of the lifestyle magazine Belmondo

http://www.belmondomag.cz/

Acc. to people who bought the magazine, there was nothing relevant. It seems that the mag just tricked people into buying by promising some juicy info about Petra's private life

But the cover photo is nice.
I've bought online version and as i mentioned in photo thread inside was few photos from FC practice in Palermo with short interview about it, tho i expected VF like photo shoot

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
Old May 21st, 2013, 10:59 AM   #2290
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
I've bought online version and as i mentioned in photo thread inside was few photos from FC practice in Palermo with short interview about it, tho i expected VF like photo shoot
How much was the online version? Here on newsstands, it costs about CZK 80 (three euros).
Old May 21st, 2013, 11:27 AM   #2291
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palkov View Post
Great Article from Soumojit Basu
http://www.tennisearth.com/news/tenn...lay-169407.htm

Some of the quotes should be sculpted on a rock:

In order to win finals, something she is adept at doing, Petra has to first get there and ‘choking’ in the rounds prior to that is simply not excusable for a player of her talent.

Another common sight on the tennis court is Kvitova getting easily frustrated by her game, her surroundings and her opponent’s defensive tactics. It’s fair to say that Kvitova is not the hardest worker on court, preferring to finish points early. A lot of her opponents have figured out that going to toe to toe with Petra is foolhardy and more often than not they will get pummelled to submission, hence the best strategy could be to lengthen rallies and wait for Kvitova’s patience to run out.

She takes a ‘faster court’ mentality on clay courts and expects to get away with it. Against players who either scrap well, are good at absorbing power – namely Marion Bartoli, Angelique Kerber, Li Na, Roberta Vinci, Vera Zvonareva, Maria Kirilenko – the Czech is not ahead in any of those head to heads. If this were against a few players, it could be an anomaly but Kvitova is caught out by ‘counter punchers’ more often than not.

If Kvitova is to play better on clay, and in general her career, she will have to improve her physical fitness and realize that in order to win the tight matches she has to hang in and drag the set for as long as she can, calculating that ‘nerves’ and ‘fitness’ are issues that will obviously be gnawing away at her opponent as well. The change is definitely apparent in 2013, her losses in three sets have not thrown up uncompetitive finals sets as she has generally forced her opponent to come up with answers in the critical stages instead of getting frustrated and gifting her adversary the win.
No shit...

Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 11:32 AM   #2292
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:
How much was the online version? Here on newsstands, it costs about CZK 80 (three euros).
70 for Ipad version, we have ice-cream pricier than this

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
Old May 21st, 2013, 11:58 AM   #2293
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
70 for Ipad version, we have ice-cream pricier than this
Well, I've chosen do this the Czech way and I went to the mall where I just opened it and read it all free.
I have to say, it wasn't that bad by my standards. There wasn't something I wouldn't know about Petra but the article wasn't short (it actualy took me a few minutes of standing until I read it all ) and it was nice to spend some time reading about her.
And yeah, I've also thought that there is gonna be some more nice pictures like the one from the front page.
Old May 21st, 2013, 09:09 PM   #2294
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
No shit...

I know right!
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2013, 12:23 PM   #2295
country flag Tennisandco

Tennisandco is a splendid one to behold Tennisandco is a splendid one to behold Tennisandco is a splendid one to behold Tennisandco is a splendid one to behold Tennisandco is a splendid one to behold Tennisandco is a splendid one to behold Tennisandco is a splendid one to behold Tennisandco is a splendid one to behold Tennisandco is a splendid one to behold Tennisandco is a splendid one to behold Tennisandco is a splendid one to behold

For those who are interested here is a little interview that Petra granted to me :-)

The lovely Czech player Petra Kvitova, who is currently playing the second Grand Slam of the year in Paris, has kindly taken some of her time to answer few questions for this blog about the first part of her season, Roland Garros and Paris.

How do you judge the first part of your season ?

You know that I didnít start pretty well in Australia, I had quite a tough month there. It wasnít nice for me for sure. Normally Iím playing well in Australia and not this year and it was quite tough to still believe in myself. I tried to build the confidence again and itís something that takes a lot of nerves and feelings in my minds and then I... Read more →
Tennisandco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote