Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 147 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 6th, 2013, 10:08 PM   #2191
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetraReeMona View Post
Angie Kerber just said on the radio that the court at IW is very fast
For her it's fast, others i don't know, also she supports surface homogenization

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 6th, 2013, 11:52 PM   #2192
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Kvitova is making her presence felt
Sorry wrong post originally.

I meant to say, was saying (regarding the ESPN interview):

Petra speaks in Cliches too often when asked specific questions regarding winning Grand Slams. I know you don't mind. However, it can get a bit annoying or tiresome in certain respects. She sounds like a child or teenager sometimes. Petra can learn to be both more concise in her answers with out placing added or unnecessary pressure on herself. Let's hope she gets there?

Nonetheless, at least she was honest that she's a CONFIDENCE PLAYER, and how her lack of confidence can affect her entire game (You know, waiting for the magic tournament/run syndrome", that was mentioned a few wks ago). And she even acknowledged she needs to work hard (albeit, it was a pretty standard response).

Anyway, let's hope she can knock them dead at Indian Wells.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 02:56 PM   #2193
country flag Palkov

Palkov is an unknown quantity at this point

http://blogs.bettor.com/Petra-Kvitov...n-2013-a214033

"I started pretty well today - I knew what I had to do, and I didn't make a lot of mistakes," Kvitova said. "It was a nice first set for me, but then she came back and started playing more aggressively, and she started making me make some more mistakes. She came back very strong in that second set. I just had to stick with my game, focus on holding my serve and try my best on every point. It's a nice job to get my best result here. The surface doesn't suit me very well - it's quite slow - but I'm trying, and I hope I can just keep improving my tennis and my standard will go higher. I'm still working hard on everything."

Petra tells that everytime she loses or struggles in the 2nd set, like she is always surprised that her opponent started to read her play...fortunately in most recent cases she has found her way to surpass the crisis
Palkov is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 03:34 PM   #2194
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palkov View Post
http://blogs.bettor.com/Petra-Kvitov...n-2013-a214033

"I started pretty well today - I knew what I had to do, and I didn't make a lot of mistakes," Kvitova said. "It was a nice first set for me, but then she came back and started playing more aggressively, and she started making me make some more mistakes. She came back very strong in that second set. I just had to stick with my game, focus on holding my serve and try my best on every point. It's a nice job to get my best result here. The surface doesn't suit me very well - it's quite slow - but I'm trying, and I hope I can just keep improving my tennis and my standard will go higher. I'm still working hard on everything."

Petra tells that everytime she loses or struggles in the 2nd set, like she is always surprised that her opponent started to read her play...fortunately in most recent cases she has found her way to surpass the crisis
Yeah, Petra normally doesn't react, adjust fast enough. Usually, it takes her to lose a set and/or go into a tiebreak for her to realize what's happening on court and make her adjustments (almost as if she expect her opponents to give up, when she thrashes them in the first set, as some inevitably do).

You're right though!!
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 06:34 PM   #2195
country flag pling

pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Yeah, Petra normally doesn't react, adjust fast enough. Usually, it takes her to lose a set and/or go into a tiebreak for her to realize what's happening on court and make her adjustments (almost as if she expect her opponents to give up, when she thrashes them in the first set, as some inevitably do).

You're right though!!

pling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 07:55 PM   #2196
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pling View Post

Old Mar 11th, 2013, 09:31 PM   #2197
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pling View Post

Good one pling
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 10:15 PM   #2198
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetraReeMona View Post

Good one pling
I think Petra sometimes forgets the scouting report that's out there on her. You know, the one that says: "No matter what she does and how well she plays. Just hang in there and don't give up. She may have a lapse and start making errors. And when she does, that's your opportunity to get back in the set or match".

Petra just plays like all players are going to give up and succumb to her will, and/or like what ever changes and adaptations they made in response to her didn't happen or register yet.
Old Mar 11th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #2199
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
I think Petra sometimes forgets the scouting report that's out there on her. You know, the one that says: "No matter what she does and how well she plays. Just hang in there and don't give up. She may have a lapse and start making errors. And when she does, that's your opportunity to get back in the set or match".

Petra just plays like all players are going to give up and succumb to her will, and/or like what ever changes and adaptations they made in response to her didn't happen or register yet.
I agree with you
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 11:19 AM   #2200
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Getting To Know Petra Kvitova
Quote:
After a difficult start to the tournament, you look to have hit your stride. Do you feel youíre improving with every match?
I think for me the first round is always difficult. Itís a little bit different when sheís already played a match before and it was my first match. It was very important to fight in that match and now I feel better and better when Iím playing. Maybe I need some time to get used to playing on this surface.

How did you celebrate your birthday on Friday?

I got a nice cake from the WTA and I remember when I was warming up on the court for my match, they were singing Happy Birthday to me Ė that was quite funny! I had a nice dinner with my coach and my friend.

It was a disappointing start to the season by your high standards. But youíve turned it around, winning in Dubai and now into the quarterfinals here. How did you manage to do that?
Itís always tough. I was quite down, especially after the Australian Open. Itís never easy when youíre losing, and not winning very comfortably on the court and short on confidence. I knew I had to keep working hard and it started to show on the court. I needed some time and had to be patient.

How do you think you have developed as a player since winning Wimbledon in 2011? Do you think you are a better player now?
I think that Iím a more consistent player. My standard is a little bit higher. I played unbelievable all through that Wimbledon and it was a very special moment for me, of course. Itís quite tough for me to compare how Iím playing now and before. But Iím trying to improve still.

How did life change for you after winning Wimbledon?
It changed a lot. Before Wimbledon, no-one knew who I was. Not I get recognized and I have more things to do during the tournaments and when Iím at home. Thereís more media stuff and sponsor visits and that sort of thing. As a player, thereís more pressure on me to be in the Top 10 after winning a Grand Slam title. For the other players I think itís a little bit easier Ė they know they can lose against me and itís not a bad thing!

You train at the same club in Prostejov as ATP World No. 6 Tomas Berdych. Do you ever train or practise together?

No, we are too different and we donít see each other a lot in Prostejov. He has a different schedule. Sometimes we practise next to each other on the courts. We have never spoken to each other about the pressure and expectation we face at home. We played Hopman Cup together and that was a very nice week there, in Perth. It was great to share winning with him, but we didnít speak much about tennis.

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 12:20 PM   #2201
country flag steni

steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future steni has a brilliant future

@cherryyc: @stephanie_her Petra played decent. Won’t say brilliant coz Klara was pretty bad so Petra didn’t really have much rhythm. But good overall.
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 12:35 PM   #2202
country flag Palkov

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Petra-...icolo8889.html

Tennis - Petra Kvitova and Tomas Berdych are both the top ranked Czech players in the world. While Kvitova has won a grand slam singles title, Berdych is yet to get the grand slam monkey off his back - having reached the finals at Wimbledon once a few years ago.
Kvitova had a disappointing year in 2012 - failing to reach another grand slam final while Berdych, although being conistent, was unable to go deep in a slam either.
The two train at the same academy back home but Kvitova recently told the BNP Paribas Open website that they do not talk much about tennis when they see each other. The two did play Hopman Cup togther last year and won the event.
"We are too different and we donít see each other a lot in Prostejov. He has a different schedule. Sometimes we practise next to each other on the courts. We have never spoken to each other about the pressure and expectation we face at home. We played Hopman Cup together and that was a very nice week there, in Perth. It was great to share winning with him, but we didnít speak much about tennis."
Kvitova and Berdych are both still in the BNP Paribas Open. Kvitova is through to the quarter finals of the womens event while Berdych is through to the fourth round of the men"s singles event

Quite useless article, but Petra's comments are interesting. No word about hitting against each other, they only practise next to each other
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 02:35 PM   #2203
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quite useless article, but Petra's comments are interesting. No word about hitting against each other, they only practise next to each other
There would be no benefits for Tomas. Why wasting his time?
Petronius is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #2204
country flag Palkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
There would be no benefits for Tomas. Why wasting his time?
Understand your point...

I remember the CNN Open court report with Petra, where Pat Cash was not able to catch her killing FHs..yep, he is too old and slower than Tomas
Still do not understand why Petra has not any regular male (not teenage) hitting partner in her team..ok, no bashing her team in this thread
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 04:56 PM   #2205
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Understand your point...

I remember the CNN Open court report with Petra, where Pat Cash was not able to catch her killing FHs..yep, he is too old and slower than Tomas
Still do not understand why Petra has not any regular male (not teenage) hitting partner in her team..ok, no bashing her team in this thread
I think Petra put it nicely in an interview: "TomŠöovi bych nevrŠtila nic." (I wouldn't be able to return any of Tomas's shots.)
Petronius is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote