Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 118 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 5th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #1756
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
BTW be careful what you say here jerriy-turned-droog-turned-raiden, because everything you say is being carefully analyzed and sent directly to Petra's father
so he knows Ex
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 5th, 2012, 08:30 PM   #1757
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

I liked "droog"

Imagine if all the TF subforms gathered to chat at a café.
petra

maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 09:21 PM   #1758
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by netphobia View Post
I liked "droog"

Imagine if all the TF subforms gathered to chat at a café.

But how to solve the crucial question?

Petronius is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 09:44 PM   #1759
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

But how to solve the crucial question?
By going to Irish pub
ShiftyFella is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 02:24 AM   #1760
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=paulmara;22552542]so he knows Ex[/QUOTEI I dropped you a subtle hint earlier but you ignored it: We'd like you to translate the lucha libre nickname of Petra's new physio,The Masked Bed-wetter,into Czech.....yes,we're still waiting

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Don't you just love it when someone rambles aimlessly for 5 minutes and then says, "To make a long story short"?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 07:45 AM   #1761
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
I dropped you a subtle hint earlier but you ignored it: We'd like you to translate the lucha libre nickname of Petra's new physio,The Masked Bed-wetter,into Czech.....yes,we're still waiting
You know he´s a fighter. He will not be happy.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 10:17 AM   #1762
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
You know he´s a fighter. He will not be happy.
Well,that's why he wore a mask...so that he wouldn't have to reveal his identity....except Petra refused to work with a masked physio,so now everyone can see him..........Does this mean that you refuse to translate for us?.....In Spanish(that is,Mexican slang),it's 'Orinon Enmascarado'

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Don't you just love it when someone rambles aimlessly for 5 minutes and then says, "To make a long story short"?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 10:54 AM   #1763
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
"Petra can never be #1, cause no recent European player has made #1 with out going to America".
Henin, Hingis, Clijsters, Mauresmo, Safina, Wozniacki, Ivanovic, Federer, Nadal, Djokovic...

Just a few
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 11:20 AM   #1764
country flag Petronius

Very disappointing interview for those who want Petra to become No. 1 and multiple grand slam champion. The girl is much more humble and sober and less ambitious then some fans may want her to be.

A few comments on the upcoming season:

I don't think about breaking into TOP3
I want to win some tournament
I hope that my successes will continue and that I'll repeat the last season
I will play FedCup against Australia, then we'll see
It's great that early in the season I won't be flooded with 'When will you be No. 1?' questions like last year

BTW, during the Fed Cup final, Petra said 'I'm satisfied with my season, my results were more stable, less ups and downs'

As mac47 once said, Petra never believed in her own hype. She just wants to play her best tennis, without setting any specific goals. If it's enough to win slams, then great, if not, no problem for her either and life will go on. She has $10 million in the bank and has already won the biggest individual tournament, the biggest team tournament and was voted player of the year.

Old Dec 6th, 2012, 12:22 PM   #1765
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Wait a munute, I thought the issue was her entourage, not the Czech republic as a whole

Cause if you guys are suggesting that Petra should somehow move to the US or something like that, then I disagree. The last thing we need is one more cookie cutter from the Florida school. And I'm not convinced that that is the solution to Petra's current predicament.

Moving to somewhere like Prague would be more than enough for her to keep and advance her career in the right direction.
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 12:23 PM   #1766
country flag honzaneumannn

honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Very disappointing interview for those who want Petra to become No. 1 and multiple grand slam champion. The girl is much more humble and sober and less ambitious then some fans may want her to be.

A few comments on the upcoming season:

I don't think about breaking into TOP3
I want to win some tournament
I hope that my successes will continue and that I'll repeat the last season
I will play FedCup against Australia, then we'll see
It's great that early in the season I won't be flooded with 'When will you be No. 1?' questions like last year

BTW, during the Fed Cup final, Petra said 'I'm satisfied with my season, my results were more stable, less ups and downs'

As mac47 once said, Petra never believed in her own hype. She just wants to play her best tennis, without setting any specific goals. If it's enough to win slams, then great, if not, no problem for her either and life will go on. She has $10 million in the bank and has already won the biggest individual tournament, the biggest team tournament and was voted player of the year.

My opinion is that in that interview (published under tenisforum.cz) she only wanted to soften big expectations (unfortunately) not met in Petra's last season. At the end of the 2011 season, everybody expected her to become the new world no. 1 which did not happen. Now she is trying to choose some "slighter" words while being asked about her current season and achievements to come. Should there occur some big result (Grand Slam or YEC winer), she can say then - "really not expected but am so glad to win this" than "I really wanted to win that title as mentioned sooner but ..." - in case she's gonna burn out there. Being that much self-confident neednt often be the best attitude. Isn't it Petra's modesty and sweetnes why she became so popular with many tennis fans worldwide?

Last edited by honzaneumannn : Dec 6th, 2012 at 12:37 PM.
honzaneumannn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 12:50 PM   #1767
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Originally Posted by honzaneumannn View Post
My opinion is that in that interview (published under tenisforum.cz) she only wanted to soften big expectations (unfortunately) not met in Petra's last season. At the end of the 2011 season, everybody expected her to become the new world no. 1 which did not happen. Now she is trying to choose some "slighter" words while being asked about her current season and achievements to come. Should there occur some big result (Grand Slam or YEC winer), she can say then - "really not expected but am so glad to win this" than "I really wanted to win that title as mentioned sooner but ..." - in case she's gonna burn out there. Being that much self-confident neednt often be the best attitude. Isn't it Petra's modesty and sweetnes why she became so popular with many tennis fans worldwide?
That's how I see it, too. Deep inside, she obviously wants to win as much as possible, she's just reducing the hype, while sticking to the 'under-promise over-deliver' concept.
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 01:06 PM   #1768
country flag honzaneumannn

honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
That's how I see it, too. Deep inside, she obviously wants to win as much as possible, she's just reducing the hype, while sticking to the 'under-promise over-deliver' concept.
Correct. She surely wants to win something big in the next season and I am pretty sure she wanted to do the same in the last one. Taking into consideration, she wasnt that successful as expected last year, she is trying now to hide her (surely not so small) expectations and not speak about it openly. A good strategy: media can sometimes be very unpleasant to remember her about what she wanted and did not manage to do for several (critically examined) reasons...
honzaneumannn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #1769
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Wait a munute, I thought the issue was her entourage, not the Czech republic as a whole

Cause if you guys are suggesting that Petra should somehow move to the US or something like that, then I disagree. The last thing we need is one more cookie cutter from the Florida school. And I'm not convinced that that is the solution to Petra's current predicament.

Moving to somewhere like Prague would be more than enough for her to keep and advance her career in the right direction.
Correct it's the entourage.

But one of our posters were saying that the current Czech Republic has many talented players who really can't win much, and maybe it's because they rely almost exclusively on the Cernosek/Czech tennis Network.

It may be good for Petra to leave the Czech Republic more so for the good weather. That conversation came up, cause one of the Czech posters were worried about Petra (who's in a very cold Czech Republic region now) getting sick practicing indoors, then proceeding outdoors after.

Petra doesn't have to go to American or any Big European Academies (cause she's already a Grand Slam, YEC and Fed Cup Champion). She just needs to have access to the world best people, and not the just the ones in the Czech Republic if there are better options elsewhere.

Last edited by Excelscior : Dec 6th, 2012 at 02:56 PM.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #1770
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by honzaneumannn View Post
Correct. She surely wants to win something big in the next season and I am pretty sure she wanted to do the same in the last one. Taking into consideration, she wasnt that successful as expected last year, she is trying now to hide her (surely not so small) expectations and not speak about it openly. A good strategy: media can sometimes be very unpleasant to remember her about what she wanted and did not manage to do for several (critically examined) reasons...
This is all true.

However, many times Petra is a CONFIDENCE Player and her level of confidence is determined by her level of play.

Sometimes you JUST want to hear Petra speak very strongly about herself, just so WE and PETRA knows she has SELF belief. She doesn't have to say anything crazy. They're ways of doing/saying it. What is Petra's base feeling before she ever enters a court?

It just makes you wonder if Petra really has that believe in herself--if she's not playing well to overcome and highly achieve (especially against a top flight opponent)?
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote