Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 115 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 4th, 2012, 06:44 PM   #1711
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Yes, it's amazing that Two Czechs--one male one Female--in Ivan Lendl and Martina Navratilova "lived tennis" and brought so many off court innovations and trends, while Petra---not so much (as far as "Living Tennis" like them or in their spirit).
Hard to emulate these legends, if you don't have that inner drive to be the best and you don't want to work like crazy

BTW: Great and funny interview with Ivan, conducted by Patrick McEnroe and some other guy during Australian Open right after he took over as Murray's coach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxZjxwjiQrY

They introduced Lendl as Brad Gilbert's worst nightmare
Petronius is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 4th, 2012, 08:37 PM   #1712
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Hard to emulate these legends, if you don't have that inner drive to be the best and you don't want to work like crazy

BTW: Great and funny interview with Ivan, conducted by Patrick McEnroe and some other guy during Australian Open right after he took over as Murray's coach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxZjxwjiQrY

They introduced Lendl as Brad Gilbert's worst nightmare
Yeah, I saw that when it was originally broadcasted.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 09:05 PM   #1713
country flag honzaneumannn

honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Nice to hear that Kerber and Zakopalova will play. BTW, Zakopalova's match with Sharapova at Roland Garros was awesome, especially the first two sets. Klara resisted for three hours.

Last year, Petra played doubles, because another Prostejov girl Petra Cetkovska (yes, the girl who is 4-0 versus Radwanska ) was injured and Petra replaced her.
All Czech girls are great against the Polish pusher Ag Rad (although she is a pusher with some brain and technical skills). Petra is 3:1, Lucie Hradecka 3:0 (all matches here in young categories), another Lucie Saf. 3:0 and Cetkovska 4:0 too - that is really interesting. Czech players appear to be a nightmare for Agniezska. She cannot compete with the Czech indoor power, thats the case.
honzaneumannn is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #1714

honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold

Zakopalova should play there this year too, but Kerber not this time (my comments concerned last year). Imagine the Czech league final with Angelique no. 5, Petra no. 8, Lucie no. 18 and Zakopalova about 25. Would be great I think, but Kerber shall not appear this year...
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 09:16 PM   #1715

Quote:
Nice to hear that Kerber and Zakopalova will play. BTW, Zakopalova's match with Sharapova at Roland Garros was awesome, especially the first two sets. Klara resisted for three hours.

Last year, Petra played doubles, because another Prostejov girl Petra Cetkovska (yes, the girl who is 4-0 versus Radwanska ) was injured and Petra replaced her.
Was really unexpected last year, when Safarova and Kvitova won the Czech final double match against two 2011 Grand Slam doubles champions (Benesova - mixed Wimbledon with her husband Melzer, Hradecka with Hlavackova 2011 RG). Lucie Safarova was
the leader in that newly constructed double team with Kvity - nevertheless not so surprising considering Safarovas current successful runs with Pavlyuchenka in doubles in many 2012 tournaments. Otherwise - Pavlu and Kvity are the 2 fitness candidates despite Petras being not that fat. Petronius, I would like to meet you (I am near Kacerov, you seem to be located near Chodov..) because have no friend here in Prague I could discuss all those Petras issues. My phone is: 604 209 851 - you can send a message and we can arrange a date, if youre interested...
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 11:44 PM   #1716
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by honzaneumannn View Post
Petronius, I would like to meet you (I am near Kacerov, you seem to be located near Chodov..) because have no friend here in Prague I could discuss all those Petras issues. My phone is: 604 209 851 - you can send a message and we can arrange a date, if youre interested...
Great idea.

BTW, you live about ten minutes away

I'll give you a call or send you a message, hopefully tomorrow.
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 03:27 AM   #1717
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

All this talk about Lendl got me thinking about a TV commercial he did many years ago(can't recall for what product);to ME,he wasn't annoying but he lacked charisma in front of the camera and he came off as sort of dorky....so you all convinced me that he and Petra are somewhat similar in that respect.I can't say how confident Petra is when she's speaking Czech,yet I remember how some Rafa fans tried to rationalize some of his embarrassing press work,a few years back,by chalking all of it up to the language barrier...except Rafa isn't too eloquent in Spanish,either.....Maybe Petra is quite erudite in her native tongue(I wouldn't be the one to judge that);however,she had me hearkening back to her legendary countryman just now

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Temporary Destination 6: Another step towards what will , eventually, be the FINAL Destination
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 11:21 AM   #1718
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
All this talk about Lendl got me thinking about a TV commercial he did many years ago(can't recall for what product);to ME,he wasn't annoying but he lacked charisma in front of the camera and he came off as sort of dorky....so you all convinced me that he and Petra are somewhat similar in that respect.I can't say how confident Petra is when she's speaking Czech,yet I remember how some Rafa fans tried to rationalize some of his embarrassing press work,a few years back,by chalking all of it up to the language barrier...except Rafa isn't too eloquent in Spanish,either.....Maybe Petra is quite erudite in her native tongue(I wouldn't be the one to judge that);however,she had me hearkening back to her legendary countryman just now
Interesting post. My French uncle told me that in Paris, where Ivan won three French Opens, they referred to Lendl as a 'sad prince', because he would never smile, always focusing on tennis only. Something like Sampras
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 12:47 PM   #1719

Quote:
Great idea.

BTW, you live about ten minutes away

I'll give you a call or send you a message, hopefully tomorrow.
As mentioned already, my phone no is 604 209 851, so you can send a message or call me to that phone, nice to hear you today or this evening, provided youre not busy a lot. Another fact is that I dont like discussions under tenisportal.cz so much - for example "Monty25"-contributions who always preferrs writting about his blond and tall model candidates such as Ana, Maria or Andrea Hlavackova incl. writting some poems about those which I consider a bit primitive - I like aggressive and attacking players and their look really does not mean so much for me - otherwise, Petras legs are really something (Maria or ultra slim Ivanovic cannot compete with her in that direction) - but this is only my external view and nothing essential. And because of a real lack of classic attacking and aggressive play in womens tennis now (slow surfaces that does not make it possible killing the ball, lack of power in some womens play - Agnieszka, Wozniacki or Errani are hot candidates), I like Petras game that much (when she is on..).
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 01:05 PM   #1720
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by honzaneumannn View Post
As mentioned already, my phone no is
Keep you privacy. Send him a private message.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 01:38 PM   #1721
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

new physio Kristián Bajza (former boyfriend of Lucie Šafářová)

http://sport.idnes.cz/kvitova-ma-nov...33506_tenis_ma

Last edited by paulmara : Dec 5th, 2012 at 01:57 PM.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 02:17 PM   #1722
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So maybe jerriy was right, that Canadian PR lady is a waste of pay
No. It's off-season - we're barely hearing much from many players aside from those on social networks (something she probably needs to do more regularly). Rafa seems to have started to update his regularly out of pure boredom and Maria because she just likes talking about herself.

Katie is the reason why Petra has done things like blogging for Daily Mail and that Sky Sports thing. But Petra has to fulfil her side of the bargain by actually winning shit occasionally.
Slutiana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 02:18 PM   #1723
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post

You got to be kidding me.

I didn't read the article, but I'm assuming he's another Cernosek pick?

What's up with these folks? Are they trying to be like some sort of inbred Tennis-Prostojev family or something?....

Petra dates Adam. Lucie Dates Tomas. Lucie dates the Pysio guy? SMH. At least Tomas broke the cycle by dating the model (though it's still corny, done all the time for a Tennis player to date one).

Unless she knows and I likes him, If I was Petra, I wouldn't want any Psysio that dated Lucie Safarova on General Principle alone. Now I know Petra may not had made/wanted this pick. Why him?

PS: And once again, Cernosek spends almost half a year on a search, just to ended picking someone in his Network. Why so long?

This wasn't no damn search, he already knew he wanted pick. And no I didn't research the guy, but if I was Petra I wouldn't want to work with a guy dated my teammate Safarova.

Maybe this guys a predator/vulture (don't know or care what age he is)? It just sounds so weird. Out of all the people I can pick in this world to work with me, and I pick Safarova's ex boyfriend.

Well, I'm assuming he's not an old geezer like the others. SMH

Last edited by Excelscior : Dec 5th, 2012 at 02:52 PM.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #1724
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
You got to be kidding me.

I didn't read the article, but I'm assuming he's another Cernosek pick?

What's up with these folks? Are they trying to be like some sort of inbred Tennis-Prostojev family or something?....
Well,technically,Petra's training co-ordinators,Gomer and Goober Pyle,are Americans...but they might have family roots that go back to Prostejov.Someone asked Gomer recently if he could trace his family ties back to Czechoslovakia,and he replied,'Well,golleeeee,I didn't never know 'dere was a place wid a name like dat!'

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Temporary Destination 6: Another step towards what will , eventually, be the FINAL Destination
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 03:32 PM   #1725
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post

Lucie is single again ?!
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote