Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 114 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 09:53 PM   #1696
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by honzaneumannn View Post
I often call Mr. Kvita to know whats new about Petra. Have got a lot of interesting information already. Petras close family are very nice people - when our phone conversation with Jiri is longer a bit, his wife already wants us to stop this as too long again..ha, ha (I can always hear her somewhere behind claiming we speak together again). He is a great man with no signs of a father whose daughter is a world tennis star. We always have great conversations, often longer than 20 minutes...
Ahoj Honzo!

That's some great insight and first-hand info. Big welcome to the subforum and something's telling me you may become an extremely valuable source of information, if you kindly share it of course.

I often tell people here that they should not worry that much about the Czech league final, because of this:

"In 1997, Czechoslovakian-born Martina Hingis was world No.1 when she helped the Prostejov club to win the domestic title."

In January 1998, she defended her Australian Open title.

Once again, welcome!
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 10:02 PM   #1697
country flag honzaneumannn

honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Ahoj Honzo!

That's some great insight and first-hand info. Big welcome to the subforum and something's telling me you may become an extremely valuable source of information, if you kindly share it of course.

I often tell people here that they should not worry that much about the Czech league final, because of this:

"In 1997, Czechoslovakian-born Martina Hingis was world No.1 when she helped the Prostejov club to win the domestic title."

Once again, welcome!
Thanks a lot for your nice words - if we are allowed (by the wife of Jiri K.) to have some phone conversation I often get some interesting information. Petras family are really nice people with some lack of English (they are teachers or Ing., but mostly exact specialized, so English is not their prime) and sometimes - when I find some interesting article in EN about Petra - I call Jiri and than we speak about it in phone, have some fun and discuss things about tennis, especially about Petra...
honzaneumannn is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 10:06 PM   #1698
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by netphobia View Post
Wow, what a great facility. Do you know what kind of court that is? It almost looks like grass.
The website (some nice pics: http://www.tenisklubcpm.cz/) says artificial grass outdoors and some special carpet made of 'granules' indoors.

This small tennis club has also some wellness amenities (sauna, steam, etc.) and is attached to the medical facility.
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 10:11 PM   #1699
country flag honzaneumannn

honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Ahoj Honzo!

Once again, welcome!
The Czech league incl. Safarova, Zakopalova, Kerber (played it last year and was defeated by Hradecka !!!), Hradecka (who def. Petra and Angelique !!! last year) can really be a great training for Petra. But again - she should watch out for her health (I come from Olomouc and winters are sometimes colder here). Therefore 2 sets matches (as quick as possible) are higly welcome..ha, ha. Pls. no that marathon with Hradecka again + doubles with Lucie against Benesova/Hradecka - too much effort. Than Brisbaine seems to be a good option to get some points. Hard to say, if Sydney should be chosen too. Next year I would recommend not to play Fed Cup (2 titles are enough and Lucie could show up against Stosur too).
honzaneumannn is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 10:11 PM   #1700
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Thanks a lot for your nice words - if we are allowed (by the wife of Jiri K.) to have some phone conversation I often get some interesting information. Petras family are really nice people with some lack of English (they are teachers or Ing., but mostly exact specialized, so English is not their prime) and sometimes - when I find some interesting article in EN about Petra - I call Jiri and than we speak about it in phone, have some fun and discuss things about tennis, especially about Petra...
Thanks for great info, gotta go now (it's past midnight), but looking forward to dicuss more soon!
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 11:21 PM   #1701
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The Czech league incl. Safarova, Zakopalova, Kerber (played it last year and was defeated by Hradecka !!!), Hradecka (who def. Petra and Angelique !!! last year) can really be a great training for Petra. But again - she should watch out for her health (I come from Olomouc and winters are sometimes colder here). Therefore 2 sets matches (as quick as possible) are higly welcome..ha, ha. Pls. no that marathon with Hradecka again + doubles with Lucie against Benesova/Hradecka - too much effort. Than Brisbaine seems to be a good option to get some points. Hard to say, if Sydney should be chosen too. Next year I would recommend not to play Fed Cup (2 titles are enough and Lucie could show up against Stosur too).
Welcome Honzaneumannn. And thanks for your insight, perspective and information.

Yes, the question wasn't whether or not Petra should ever play Czech league to warm up, etc.. The problem is, Cernosek wants her to play the finals. And once you put Petra in that setting she wants to play hard and win for Cernosek/Prostojev or Czech pride. This is why she got hurt last year playing Hredecka. I personally thought that was ridiculous (as you may as well), and she should have never been placed in that position (to go all out like that).

Petra's a professional and she has to schedule her tournaments around key WTA events and Grand Slams and not put so much effort in Pre Pre-season (not even warm up) tournaments.

I to wished that Petra will have some say on who her Physio person is and that she and Kotyza can make the original choice and not Cernosek as well. I hope they can reject his choices if she/Kotyza doesn't like them or has their own?

And I agree with you as well, that it would be best for Petra not to play Fed Cup--again next year. I concur. Two consecutive titles are enough. Petra's needs to concentrate on her own WTA career at the moment. She has too much talent and potential not do so.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 04:24 AM   #1702
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The website (some nice pics: http://www.tenisklubcpm.cz/) says artificial grass outdoors and some special carpet made of 'granules' indoors.

This small tennis club has also some wellness amenities (sauna, steam, etc.) and is attached to the medical facility.
Thank you so much!

Sounds wonderful. I want to live there.

I also agree that two Fed Cup titles would make this a good time to stop for now, and focus more on the regular tour. Fed Cup really seems to motivate Petra to perform at her best, I think it would be awesome if the fire/pizzazz she put into FC translated to regular season tournaments.
petra

maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 04:43 AM   #1703
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

He looks a bit akward (look at his posture and crumpled pants) and shy, but he is an excellent physiotherapist. Petra is in good hands

Will take you at your word that you have some reliable testimonies to that effect...or is he YOUR physiotherapist,too?

After Petra's bad experiences with Dr.Pikola,you'll have to forgive us if some of us are a little skeptical about Petra's medical team

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 08:04 AM   #1704
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I often call Mr. Kvita to know whats new about Petra. Have got a lot of interesting information already. Petras close family are very nice people - when our phone conversation with Jiri is longer a bit, his wife already wants us to stop this as too long again..ha, ha (I can always hear her somewhere behind claiming we speak together again). He is a great man with no signs of a father whose daughter is a world tennis star. We always have great conversations, often longer than 20 minutes...
Welcome ! I´m very happy we have you here.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 10:06 AM   #1705
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Originally Posted by netphobia View Post
Thank you so much!

Sounds wonderful. I want to live there.

I also agree that two Fed Cup titles would make this a good time to stop for now, and focus more on the regular tour. Fed Cup really seems to motivate Petra to perform at her best, I think it would be awesome if the fire/pizzazz she put into FC translated to regular season tournaments.
BTW, the website says that they even perform a video-analysis of one's groundstrokes and compare it with top world players. And then you'll get a DVD with an in-depth commentary on your tennis skills

I agree that though it would be cool if Petra reached the FedCup hattrick like Hana Mandlikova in 1983-1985, it's not necessary. Two titles is already a great resume.

On the other hand, the team spirit and atmosphere during Fed Cup weeks is something that money can't buy.
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 12:40 PM   #1706
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Nice to hear that Kerber and Zakopalova will play. BTW, Zakopalova's match with Sharapova at Roland Garros was awesome, especially the first two sets. Klara resisted for three hours.

Last year, Petra played doubles, because another Prostejov girl Petra Cetkovska (yes, the girl who is 4-0 versus Radwanska ) was injured and Petra replaced her.
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #1707
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nice to hear that Kerber and Zakopalova will play. BTW, Zakopalova's match with Sharapova at Roland Garros was awesome, especially the first two sets. Klara resisted for three hours.

Last year, Petra played doubles, because another Prostejov girl Petra Cetkovska (yes, the girl who is 4-0 versus Radwanska ) was injured and Petra replaced her.
What in the world does this have to do with Petra and her own career?????????

Cernosek should show more respect, sensibility and clairvoyance of Petra's career and his role in it.

Who cares who wins it/this (Mr. Cernosek of course), if you put Petra at risk or beyond her anticipated training schedule or preparation? Remember, it's Pre Pre Pre season, and Petra doesn't even play much doubles. SMH.

PS: Just so you don't think I'm against all things Cernosek; I'm not. Keep in mind if Petra plays recreationally and doesn't tax herself beyond her current training schedule, I'm not necessarily against helping the team/a teammate out.

Unfortunately, that wasn't the case late last year/earlier this year. Petra went beyond her limits at the time and caught a nagging injury there. And the rest was 2012 history, for Petra.

Last edited by Excelscior : Dec 4th, 2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 02:12 PM   #1708
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
You think you can ever talk to Petra (or convince Jiri to talk to Petra) to leave the Czech Republic or Prostojev for a warm weather climate so she won't have these potential issue anymore?

Remember, she got sick and caught a virus earlier this year when she was recuperating from the Achilles that she injured while playing Lucie H in that Czech League final. Those two occurrences really jacked/messed up the first five months of Petra's tennis season (creating a chain reaction) in 2012.

Plus she's not practicing on outdoor hard courts now for the upcoming outdoor hardcourt season.

Too much time spent indoors.
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 04:18 PM   #1709
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Plus she's not practicing on outdoor hard courts now for the upcoming outdoor hardcourt season. Too much time spent indoors.
Agreed, but this is about one's life priorities, work-family balance. Not everyone is a 'through-and-through' professional obsessed with improving their game and results like the great Ivan Lendl.

But agreed that Petra could learn a lot from Lendl's approach to tennis:

“Ivan was one of the first ones that lived tennis. He was the first one to have a special diet, he had his own entourage with a cook and a physio, and his own racket stringer. He did everything so professionally that playing tennis on the court was almost the easiest part. Ivan was always extremely disciplined and extremely focused, and I think that’s definitely going to help Andy.”

(Boris Becker commenting on the Lendl-Murray partnership shortly before Murray clinched Olympic Gold and his first slam)
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 04:33 PM   #1710
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Agreed, but this is about one's life priorities, work-family balance. Not everyone is a 'through-and-through' professional obsessed with improving their game and results like the great Ivan Lendl.

But agreed that Petra could learn a lot from Lendl's approach to tennis:

“Ivan was one of the first ones that lived tennis. He was the first one to have a special diet, he had his own entourage with a cook and a physio, and his own racket stringer. He did everything so professionally that playing tennis on the court was almost the easiest part. Ivan was always extremely disciplined and extremely focused, and I think that’s definitely going to help Andy.”

(Boris Becker commenting on the Lendl-Murray partnership shortly before Murray clinched Olympic Gold and his first slam)
Yes, it's amazing that Two Czechs--one male one Female--in Ivan Lendl and Martina Navratilova "lived tennis" and brought so many off court innovations and trends, while Petra---not so much (as far as "Living Tennis" like them or in their spirit).