Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 113 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 07:39 PM   #1681
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

BTW, there are lots of interesting comments below that article.

Like these two:

"I am a private friend of Petras father Jiri Kvita and come from a town approx 10 km from Fulnek, her native town. I know from her father Jiri, that right before YEC Petra played in Prostejovs indoor hall a full-time test match with Safarova who was just going to Moscow while Petra to Istanbul. Petra won it 6:1, 6:0, but nobody knows that. Safarova than destroyed Jankovic and Ivanovic in Fed Cup. Petra had some health and therefore also fitness problems at the end of the year, but if she gets fit again, it can still be very interesting."

"I remember that Kvitova was a true contender for No1 spot before AO and everything was fine until her quarterfinal with Errani, at that time ranked 48th. She gave an interview after that match and she was asked about her chances to take over leading position in WTA race. She swallowed some words, there was more fear than desire in her eyes and she didn't seem to be comfortable with the possible and forthcoming responsibility as a true No1. Than she lost to Sharapova in semi and except for good results in Fed Cup, she vanished until the FO."
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 07:50 PM   #1682
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post

Like these two:

"I am a private friend of Petras father Jiri Kvita and come from a town approx 10 km from Fulnek, her native town. I know from her father Jiri, that right before YEC Petra played in Prostejovs indoor hall a full-time test match with Safarova who was just going to Moscow while Petra to Istanbul. Petra won it 6:1, 6:0, but nobody knows that. Safarova than destroyed Jankovic and Ivanovic in Fed Cup. Petra had some health and therefore also fitness problems at the end of the year, but if she gets fit again, it can still be very interesting."

"I remember that Kvitova was a true contender for No1 spot before AO and everything was fine until her quarterfinal with Errani, at that time ranked 48th. She gave an interview after that match and she was asked about her chances to take over leading position in WTA race. She swallowed some words, there was more fear than desire in her eyes and she didn't seem to be comfortable with the possible and forthcoming responsibility as a true No1. Than she lost to Sharapova in semi and except for good results in Fed Cup, she vanished until the FO."
I'm the only one who never reads comments on blogs\news sites?
ShiftyFella is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 08:03 PM   #1683
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:

Like these two:

sounds just like another of her random, close friend who has no clue about what's going on with her, see that might be part of the problem, even her private friend seems clueless on her tennis.....
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 08:08 PM   #1684
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
I'm the only one who never reads comments on blogs\news sites?
Give it a try. These comments are sometimes more interesting that the article itself.
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 08:10 PM   #1685
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Hmmm so Petra would be the underdog against sharapova, azarenka and serena in 2013, yeah right! maybe serena but I doubt sharapova and azarenka see Petra as an underdog, they know Petra is dangerous, I just hope she doesnt get sick anymore and take care of herself better, so I would stop suffering for her!
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 08:53 PM   #1686
country flag honzaneumannn

honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all

Quote:
Give it a try. These comments are sometimes more interesting that the article itself.
In that training match she had no health issues therefore she made it so easily. If YEC was some 5 days sooner, God knows what results could have come. Yes, I know - shoulda coulda woulda..
honzaneumannn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 08:58 PM   #1687

honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all

Quote:
I often call Mr. Kvita to know whats new about Petra. Have got a lot of interesting information already. Petras close family are very nice people - when our phone conversation with Jiri is longer a bit, his wife already wants us to stop this as too long again..ha, ha (I can always hear her somewhere behind claiming we speak together again). He is a great man with no signs of a father whose daughter is a world tennis star. We always have great conversations, often longer than 20 minutes...
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 09:19 PM   #1688

You never know in womens tennis - Serena really down in AO and RG this year and than - what a great turnaround for the rest of this season. Petra is really unpredictable - who would have thought that she is gonna win this years US series??? I personally think, her time shall come in about 2-3 years. My prediction is some 3 next slams in her career with no winning US open and some similar scenario like in Sharapovas case (= gained slams divied in several years and mostly unexpected). She will always have her up and downs due to her risky play, but I hope, we can still expect some great up-times although not regularly. But what is regular in womens tennis???
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 09:33 PM   #1689

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
Hmmm so Petra would be the underdog against sharapova, azarenka and serena in 2013, yeah right! maybe serena but I doubt sharapova and azarenka see Petra as an underdog, they know Petra is dangerous, I just hope she doesnt get sick anymore and take care of herself better, so I would stop suffering for her!
Just now there are some 10 - 20 degrees below zero in CZ in some parts of our country. Petra tired and sweating after a training in Prostejovs hall - hope, she will not catch a cold again, especially in Czech league season end, where she seems to play again, as Mr. Cernosek will surely find the way how to persuade her to show up.
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 09:34 PM   #1690
country flag Petronius

Quote:
She definitely needs to manage her health better, especially as regards asthma, breathing and immunity.

As for physiotherapy and the locomotor system, I have no worries. If necessary, Petra can visit a brand-new facility in Prague (BTW, I live about ten minutes from the facility and sometimes go there for a lunch), which has lots of special equipment. A few weeks ago, they helped Radek to get into shape before the London masters and the Davis Cup final.

A few pics from this great facility, they even have some NASA equipment :

Davis Cup hero aka Martina Hingis former bf having a good time

Restaurant

And this guy is in charge of it all

He looks a bit akward (look at his posture and crumpled pants) and shy, but he is an excellent physiotherapist. Petra is in good hands

Much more equipment they have available for athletes and high-resolution pics are at http://www.cpmchodov.cz/
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 09:34 PM   #1691
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Against Pova she's underdog sort of, Petra can beat Pova easily but she always sticks to wrong game plan and let Pova play her game, this year proved it even more with all their encounters.
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 09:37 PM   #1692

Quote:
She definitely needs to manage her health better, especially as regards asthma, breathing and immunity.

As for physiotherapy and the locomotor system, I have no worries. If necessary, Petra can visit a brand-new facility in Prague (BTW, I live about ten minutes from the facility and sometimes go there for a lunch), which has lots of special equipment. A few weeks ago, they helped Radek to get into shape before the London masters and the Davis Cup final.

A few pics from this great facility, they even have some NASA equipment :

Davis Cup hero aka Martina Hingis former bf having a good time

Restaurant

And this guy is in charge of it all

He looks a bit akward (look at his posture and crumpled pants) and shy, but he is an excellent physiotherapist. Petra is in good hands

Much more equipment they have available for athletes and high-resolution pics are at http://www.cpmchodov.cz/
Nice to see that there is some cool facility available in Prague although some 250 km from Prostejov (am also near here - P4 Kacerov).
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 09:38 PM   #1693
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

Wow, what a great facility. Do you know what kind of court that is? It almost looks like grass.
petra
•••••
maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 09:39 PM   #1694
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:

Call me when they start working together, than we can talk

btw, facility looks great but with Petra's team it was always question of right personnel not the access to facilities
Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 09:43 PM   #1695

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Call me when they start working together, than we can talk

btw, facility looks great but with Petra's team it was always question of right personnel not the access to facilities
As I have just learned from Mr. Kvita, just know they are finishing searching a new physio coach for Petra that shall be announced very soon. Not Ivanko again. Am curious, if Petra can affect that selection but think no way...