Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 21st, 2011, 12:29 AM   #151
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

If her ex-bf ended the relationship(who knows?I guess it's not that important),then he jumped ship a little too early.....He'll never do as well as he was doing when he was with Petra--that's for sure!

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Don't you just love it when someone rambles aimlessly for 5 minutes and then says, "To make a long story short"?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 21st, 2011, 01:19 AM   #152
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
I was looking for Mf Dnes magazine interview with Petra Kvitova from February 2011. Instead I´m stucked with 2 uninteresting and 3 online interviews.

Our relationship ( with Adam Pavlásek) started in november 2010. (2/24/2011) (note I really don´t care about this isssue)

The tennis raquet I gave to Vaclav Klaus was not the winning racquet But it was in my tennis bag and I had it in my hand during the final so we can say it´s a wimbledon racquet. (7/7/2011)

(For real tennis experts) What is your maximum pulse rate ? After a long rally 150. In training after hard sprinting 170.
(4 /3/ 2011)

About facebook ? I got personal facebook with friends that I know face to face. Follow www.facebook.com/czechfedcupteam you can read and watch something there. ( note little confusing ) (4 /3/ 2011)

Rafa or roger ? roger (7/13/2010)

I was just once on holiday in Tunisisa. (7/13/2010)

(For real tennis experts) 26 and 24 (string tension) Luxilon and alupower (strings) (2/5/2009)

Yesterday we were celebraiting Lucie Šafařova´s birthday in club „Havana“ (2/5/2009)

I´m studying English and Russian. (2/5/2009)

Sources

http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/svet-h...-to-chlap.html
http://tn.nova.cz/sport/tenis/kvitov...celebrity.html
http://sport.idnes.cz/ptejte-se-pred...asp?t=KVITOVA4 2011
http://ekonomika.idnes.cz/odpovedi.asp?t=KVITOVA3 2010
http://sport.idnes.cz/on-line-rozhov....asp?t=KVITOVA 2009
http://ona.idnes.cz/rozchod-s-tatou-...spolecnost_jup
Wow! Thanks Paulmara.

Lot's of little geeky tennis stuff, or Super fan type tidbits here.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2011, 06:08 PM   #153
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Latest news from training camp
There were on 2 tracks : first to Predne solisko (2200m Monday) Second To Rysy (wednesday with Thomas Berdych ). They were catched by thunderstorm. And had to run back, it was little dangerous.

They are staying in Strbske pleso until Sunday. ( 12 days from 13th to 24th ) Then they wil be training in Prostejov.

About the injury in abductor magnus muscle . It was a 5 mm long tear. It was not horizontal but vertical. Not getting worse by playing but neither getting better. Now it´ s about 70% healed. It can be healed completely next week.

http://www.sport.cz/clanek/189084-kv...hlav-dolu.html
http://denniksport.sk/article/181612...pre-sportovcov

2 photos from Lomnicky Stit
http://isport.blesk.cz/galerie/tenis/91839/

Last edited by paulmara : Jul 22nd, 2011 at 08:26 AM.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2011, 06:30 PM   #154
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Paulmara, thats cool stuff

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Duan Ying-Ying - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 03:47 AM   #155
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

The WTA website still has an interview with Petra from 2008. It includes this hilarious (in hindsight) response:

"Q: Among the current players on Tour, who would you most like the opportunity to play?
PK:*I would like to play*Maria Sharapova. We're both tall and especially for her height she is very quick around the court and she has a good serve. I admire what she has achieved in her career."

Nice to see that she respects Masha. She sure had a fun time with her "good serve" in the Wimbledon final.
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 04:07 AM   #156
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
The WTA website still has an interview with Petra from 2008. It includes this hilarious (in hindsight) response:

"Q: Among the current players on Tour, who would you most like the opportunity to play?
PK:*I would like to play*Maria Sharapova. We're both tall and especially for her height she is very quick around the court and she has a good serve. I admire what she has achieved in her career."

Nice to see that she respects Masha. She sure had a fun time with her "good serve" in the Wimbledon final.
That interview too place back when Masha's serve was better---pre-shoulder injury.Even so,Petra beat one of the all-time best servers,VW,early that spring

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Don't you just love it when someone rambles aimlessly for 5 minutes and then says, "To make a long story short"?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 05:52 AM   #157
country flag Queen Petra Fan

Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all
Talking Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Hi guys,

Here's the latest Petra stuff fresh off the newsstand! SPORT magazine Special Extra. I'll post the interviews when I get home from work today. Besides the interviews they've got articles about Martina Nav, Petra's thoughts regarding her heroes and other opponents and more. There's also a list of Petra's favorite tournaments.

Here's a few preview shots. As you can see the Nike campaign is in full swing already (no pun intended).

Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pk006.jpg (99.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg pk008.jpg (70.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg pk024.jpg (46.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg pk027.jpg (60.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg pk047.jpg (89.1 KB, 19 views)
Queen Petra Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 05:55 AM   #158
country flag Queen Petra Fan

Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

More from SPORT Special Extra: Have a great Friday everybody!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pk036.jpg (97.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg pk037.jpg (78.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg pk039.jpg (87.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg pk038.jpg (73.6 KB, 9 views)
Queen Petra Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 06:36 AM   #159
country flag Solitaire

Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not sure if that was ever true
The woods are hopeless. Don't waste your time, they will be destroyed. So will the marsh. It is a losing game mankind has played for more than a century. Sadness is what you are, do not deny it. The universe is a lonely place, a painful place. This is what we can share between us, period.
Solitaire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 12:07 PM   #160
country flag BikezAreForever!

BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
QPF,I don't mean this as a personal attack,but if you perceive it that way...or if you're highly offended...then just tell me and I'll go back and delete this post.

Basically,I'm saying that your premise is pretty lame here...while I agree that Petra should be considered a chief threat for any young WTA player with potential,it's not as if stealing her fitness coach would derail her career.At worst,it might throw her somewhat out of rhythm for a couple months until she found a new one...which wouldn't be extremely hard.

Further,there are LOTs of players who can beat Caro at majors...especially if she's not in top form...so singling out Petra wouldn't do a damned bit of good while there are still serious threats such as the WS,Clijsters,Zvonareva,etc.,and even Cibulkova and Dani made her look bad this year.What's next?Is Piotr gonna hire some thug to kidnap Jada for a couple days to frighten Kim into retirement?

I think you can see that some of this conspiracy stuff can get pretty asinine if we don't distinguish between fact and wild speculation.
Bruce, I would give Ivanko more credit to Petra development than you seems to suggest. His role is not a purely fitness coach. In the past, he may be with PK at some tournaments while Kotyza was not, and vice versa. Overall, he did pretty good job considering how long he's been working with Petra. PK's main improvements are in my opinion her movement and fitness level. No one is suggesting that his departure would derail PK's career but it certainly has potential to disrupt preparation and team for quite sometimes. And no one knows for how long. It does take a while to build a trust and new relationships in the team. Ivanko sounds a bit more cocky in the interview that I would like him to. However, he probably feels that he's got a lot to offer. I think they should look at giving him more money or percentage of winning.

Regarding Piotr....He is a pretty astute customer and I have no reservation to say that he will not leave a stone unturned in quest for Caro's success. I am not saying that he is doing it for that reason, but such offers may have added benefits to his daughter. Timing is what in my opinion is suspicious. Just after PK won the Wimby, her coach is getting all those offers to work for someone else.
BikezAreForever! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 12:14 PM   #161

BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Petra Fan View Post
More from SPORT Special Extra: Have a great Friday everybody!
Thanks for scanning those in!! Enjoed it.
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 01:45 PM   #162
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

Why does she rate IW as her third favorite tournament?
her results there hasn't been that good.

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 02:06 PM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoose View Post
Why does she rate IW as her third favorite tournament?
her results there hasn't been that good.
She says: "Its beautiful there! You see mountains in the desert, it (the tournament) has breathtaking ambience (atmosphere)."

Well, I have to say that I cant remember ANY outdoor hard tournaments where PK did that well. I do not count her results with roof closed as outdoor though!!
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 02:20 PM   #164
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Petra clearly looked up to Martha in her formative years. I also used to think that she had modelled her oncourt demeanour after Martha's Ice Queen act, but now I feel that it just came naturally to her.
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 02:32 PM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corswandt View Post
I also used to think that she had modelled her oncourt demeanour after Martha's Ice Queen act, but now I feel that it just came naturally to her.
I dont think so, dont expect any ridiculous shrieks from PK!!