Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 106 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 17th, 2012, 01:44 PM   #1576
country flag Lufa

Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Slozil is very, VERY open (he trained Graf at her peak, so he is allowed talk straight about non pleasant things)
rough translation of Petra's part:
- in late 2011 he predicted that Petra wont dominate in 2012 for sure, maybe win few tourneys
- she isn't good enough (yet) to be on par with in form Serena/Masha (brain, fitness, ...)
- he didn't know for quite a time that she had asthma problems
- he recommends her to eventually contact Marian Vajda (to change few things in health/fitness/food - Djoko like)
- he openly said that she is fat a and that is a a big reason (often with ashma) that she cannot compete at 100%
- her overweight is cause of lack of fitness and that is big factor to her confidence in matches
- he suspect that she isn't traning hard enough in fitness area
- he said that she is for sure better than 8th in the world, but ... all of above

BTW, He often arranged that Graf hit with Lendl, Becker, Leconte, ... after she won 60 60 in first GS rounds to have some training
Pity that he refuses to couching anybody again.

BTW, few days ago I was at Vajda/Djoko exho, and their relationship looks even better than Petra/Kotyza
I really would like to see Vajda coaching Petra and bring her to the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
Lufa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 17th, 2012, 02:05 PM   #1577
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufa View Post
Slozil is very, VERY open (he trained Graf at her peak, so he is allowed talk straight about non pleasant things)
rough translation of Petra's part:
- in late 2011 he predicted that Petra wont dominate in 2012 for sure, maybe win few tourneys
- she isn't good enough (yet) to be on par with in form Serena/Masha (brain, fitness, ...)
- he didn't know for quite a time that she had asthma problems
- he recommends her to eventually contact Marian Vajda (to change few things in health/fitness/food - Djoko like)

- he openly said that she is fat a and that is a a big reason (often with ashma) that she cannot compete at 100%
- her overweight is cause of lack of fitness and that is big factor to her confidence in matches
- he suspect that she isn't traning hard enough in fitness area
- he said that she is for sure better than 8th in the world, but ... all of above

BTW, He often arranged that Graf hit with Lendl, Becker, Leconte, ... after she won 60 60 in first GS rounds to have some training
Pity that he refuses to couching anybody again.

BTW, few days ago I was at Vajda/Djoko exho, and their relationship looks even better than Petra/Kotyza
I really would like to see Vajda coaching Petra and bring her to the top
I'm sure many of you will have your own tidbits to highlight (and I didn't get to read the translation yet--on Opera). But "Nuff Said" Lufa.

And I guess at this stage Slozil feels Petra's team is Small Potatoes?

It appears that's what he's really saying, with out blatantly saying it.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 02:56 PM   #1578
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Oh PS Steni.

Tennisography on the Tennis Channel (if you have it) on Petra Kvitova is Dec 2. I think I told you Dec 4th, if I'm not mistaken.
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 03:47 PM   #1579
country flag Excelscior

PS On Slozil's comments: I think Petra's problems are multi-faceted and not always so always simple (more than what Slozil said). We know that.

Nonetheless, I couldn't help but notice, as great a player and as dialed in Steffi Graf always was on court, that Slozil still had her hit with Top men (not even regular men--I'm sure at dual tournaments) after easy wins. Bravo!

Many of us have been screaming for Petra to have male hitting partners, or to take advantage of her Protejov/Cernosek contemporary Tomas Berdych by hitting frequently with him. And apparently she doesn't (or any other men for that matter).

When we see Petra have early problems in matches early in tournaments, I think thats been one of HER MAIN PROBLEMS (if not the only one). Petra doesn't hit enough, if at all during the year.

Think about it? Last year Petra had a part time hitter in Boyfriend Adam (still nuts when you think about it), and she performed better. This year she's had none (except the Prostojev Teen Boys for the YEC), and has occasionally hit with Li Na during select events/Grand Slams. That's it! And look at the results (poorer)?

This glaring oversight of Petra's development this year I feel was almost criminal (tennis wise), along with her teams other oversights and Slozil's complaints.

So Petra hasn't been in top shape, top mind/mental or top form. Mmmh. Any one or all of the above would have helped her immensely against top opponents and during tough matches in 2012. I guess we'll see what Team Petra (Ms. Kvitova, Cernosek and Kotyza, etc.) have in mind for 2013?
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 06:07 PM   #1580
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future paulmara has a brilliant future

Quote:
Slozil is very, VERY open
Thanks
you saved me
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
but a brief summary from YOU wouldn't hurt
Quote:
Credits to Misa from tenisportal.cz forums
Do you know djofex ?
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #1581
country flag Lufa

Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all

Quote:
Thanks
you saved me
ur welcome

Quote:
Do you know djofex ?
No, who is it?

BTW, I feel urge to specify "she is fat" - shortened and rough translated statement I wrote (before shit hits the fan)
When he started talking about her fitness, he hesitate a bit, searching for words not too harsh,
then he said, "how to put it politely, she is a few kilos overweight, ..."
then he spoke about how fit is Maria, Serena and what a difference it makes.
Lufa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 08:30 PM   #1582
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has disabled reputation

Quote:
Great interview, too bad i've read it after reading about Robson's season preparation
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 10:35 PM   #1583
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Great interview, too bad i've read it after reading about Robson's season preparation
Of course the proof is in the pudding. So we'll see what type of results Krajan and Robson get?

Nonetheless, to Laura's and her teams credit, she's now getting a hitting partner with just a little taste of success.

Obviously she and her handlers don't want Robson to lose the ground she gained this year.

Something is seriously wrong with the Petra camp, that she went all year in 2012 with out one.
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 04:05 AM   #1584
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
BTW, I feel urge to specify "she is fat" - shortened and rough translated statement I wrote (before shit hits the fan)
When he started talking about her fitness, he hesitate a bit, searching for words not too harsh,
then he said, "how to put it politely, she is a few kilos overweight, ..."
then he spoke about how fit is Maria, Serena and what a difference it makes.
Even though I was somewhat dependent on your translation,I never got the sense that he was maliciously bad-mouthing Petra with his criticism or drawing attention to himself to get some mag publicity.It just seemed like candid analysis on where Petra was coming up short and what she could do to improve

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Shouldn't self-professed devil worshippers be forced to work every day during Holy Week?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #1585
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Of course the proof is in the pudding. So we'll see what type of results Krajan and Robson get?

Nonetheless, to Laura's and her teams credit, she's now getting a hitting partner with just a little taste of success.

Obviously she and her handlers don't want Robson to lose the ground she gained this year.

Something is seriously wrong with the Petra camp, that she went all year in 2012 with out one.
It's ridicilous Top100 rookie player has better team and preparation than Top10 player and Wimbledon winner
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #1586
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
It's ridicilous Top100 rookie player has better team and preparation than Top10 player and Wimbledon winner
Agreed.

In slight defense of Kvitova's team (since I and so many others have been killing them--and rightfully so--the past several weeks); maybe they didn't get her a full time hitting partner, cause Petra's lazy?

Let's be honest, we've heard both Kotyza and Cernosek say in the past 'routine' regimens don't work well with Petra, so we have to make it fun and interesting for her'. Right?

Now of course, even if that was true and the reason, it doesn't excuse them from having Petra hit with the Protojev boys, Katie the PR lady and the Li Na--when she did (instead of acquiring a proper male hitting partner). It also wouldn't be a good reflection on their overall coaching, persuasive/'buy in' ability with Petra as well.

Hopefully, Petra's fitness, nutrition, medical, coaching, advisors (if she can get any outside the Cernosek Circle)/mental coach, form, work ethic and desire, will be top notch in 2013?

We'll see?
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #1587
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In slight defense of Kvitova's team (since I and so many others have been killing them--and rightfully so--the past several weeks); maybe they didn't get her a full time hitting partner, cause Petra's lazy?
Please---not another flashback.I went through four years of that waiting,HOPING for a player to mature...before finally realizing that it was NEVER gonna happen

Now I'm hoping that more credible sources like Slozil will speak candidly yet fairly on Petra's shortcomings as she's more likely to think it over than she would if a mere reporter commented

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Shouldn't self-professed devil worshippers be forced to work every day during Holy Week?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 04:17 PM   #1588
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Please---not another flashback.I went through four years of that waiting,HOPING for a player to mature...before finally realizing that it was NEVER gonna happen

Now I'm hoping that more credible sources like Slozil will speak candidly yet fairly on Petra's shortcomings as she's more likely to think it over than she would if a mere reporter commented
I hope it's not happening again either Bruce.

And let's hope outside (especially Czech) opinion does inspire Petra indeed?

Let's just hope she doesn't run to Cernosek or even Kotyza (first or last) for confirmation and clarification, though.
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 04:38 PM   #1589
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:
Agreed.

Let's be honest, we've heard both Kotyza and Cernosek say in the past 'routine' regimens don't work well with Petra, so we have to make it fun and interesting for her'. Right?
I'm lazy and unfocused too, also i hate any kind of routine work but with right motivation i can do anything

There plenty of coaching methods that do not require routine or disguise it really good, they always can make it more entertaining even with hitting partner but serious enough to count as real work\preparation. Kotyza has some sort of degree in coaching, he should know this sort of things but instead they just babying her too much.
Old Nov 18th, 2012, 04:42 PM   #1590
country flag Excelscior

PS Bruce:

It's funny, I'm watching the Davis Cup match, and I'm seeing the promos for the "Petra Kvitova" Tennisography show coming up soon on Tennis Channel.

While hearing some Martina Navratilova snippets of the upcoming program (and speaking about Pavel Složil and Petra here), it just reminded me of the beautiful tennis history and legacy of the Czech Republic/Czechoslovakia.

Hearing Martina speak about Petra so dotingly, just reminded me, how much it's a crime that Petra's inner circle is limited to Cernosek cronies, when you have the likes of Martina Navratilova, Ivan Lendl, Pavel Složil, Martina Hingis, and so many other brilliant Czech/Slovak minds and former players (mind you the world), who care and could assist Petra in so many ways.

Comparitively speaking, Petra appears to have accepted almost exclusive advice and allegiance from the team that's achieved nothing (Grand Slam wise). SMH