Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 102 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 11th, 2012, 06:20 PM   #1516
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
He's such a hypocrite. He 'arranged' that Petra and Lucie play in extraliga

At least he talked with Lendl about Petra, i hope Ivan knock some senses into him, so he recommends world-class guy. Other part i don't get, all decisions about team personal should be on Petra, why Kotyza dragged into this, his job as manager to get in touch with right people and arrange meetings with Petra, so she can make her own decisions. While HuggyBear should think how to make Petra better player next yeat but he probaly drinks beer with Černošek while they kids play ball in backyard

I hate him and Petra for playing in extraliga, i would be happy if she plays in some stupid exhos around the world but NOT in extraliga

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
I know that the Europeans will have no clue WTF we're talking about here,but it's gotta be different when you're a Bengals fan cuz you KNOW that Mike Brown is an assclown who's not gonna spend ANY money and,if by some miracle he DOES,he'll surely spend it foolishly...so you go into the season fully aware that you have practically ZERO shot at a SB and you don't get your hopes up....Similar story with the clown college MLB squads like the Mets who squander money on the worst,self-centered FA's that you could imagine,killing any hope of team chemistry...likewise with bottom-feeding barnacle Donald Sterling and his LA Clippers...

....But Petra actually has a reasonable shot at being a dominant player for years,so that's why we say to ourselves....if ONLY.....SOMEhow....by almost ANY means....she could hook up with the right people,we'd regularly see some awesome tennis from Petra

....Okay,the season's over,so I'm gonna take an NFL break for a few hours,folks....maybe even check out some Bears highlights with a Costa Rican chica on my lap
You forgot Cowboys, team full of talent that everybody loves despite being disappointment with crappy gutless coach who don't know what to do and money hungry GM\Owner who thinks his smarter that anybody making his own decisions
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 11th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #1517
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
She said "I don't want to talk about it." It was stupid to ask her so soon.

A) She will say No. Everybody will respect her decision.

But

B ) She will say Maybe or I don´t know and there will be pressure.

Černošek „ Look I agreed she will play the Czech league final. I suppose I can manage she will play Fed Cup.
OK, thanks Paulmara. I kinda figured out the first part after re-reading it (when Petra said "I don't want to talk about it").

Mmmmh. It's interesting she decided not to play Fed Cup next year. See, I wasn't even aware of that.

And I don't like how Černošek talks about Petra's activities. He openly acts like he controls her. And he's so arrogant, he doesn't seem like he cares that anyone notices (I guess that's the Czech Press, he's so comfortable with ).

I know QPF said to be positive. But how can we be--when we see quotes like this? It's obvious (or at least I think it is), that even Kotyza and Petra realize she shouldn't play Czech league and Fed Cup next season. Nonetheless, here you have Černošek making her play Czech league and almost guaranteeing she will play Fed Cup. WTF!? And of course he has something to gain (on top of managing Petra) if she plays either.

What a greedy, spineless, self absorbed slob.

Where/when is the players best interest being sought?

SMH
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #1518
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
At least he talked with Lendl about Petra, i hope Ivan knock some senses into him, so he recommends world-class guy.
Speaking of Ivan, I'm watching Murray-Fedex and the commentators are again praising his impact on Andy, I wouldn't be suprised if Ivan was soon invited to the Buckingham Palace and received the Order of British Empire

BTW, Boris Becker's English sucks
Petronius is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #1519
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Speaking of Ivan, I'm watching Murray-Fedex and the commentators are again praising his impact on Andy, I wouldn't be suprised if Ivan was soon invited to the Buckingham Palace and received the Order of British Empire

He will, after Murray wins a Wimbledon title.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 07:57 PM   #1520
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Boris is german, they even can't say squirrel properly

btw, more about annoying Černošek, i was surprised that he wasn't pleased with FC success
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 08:02 PM   #1521
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
He will, after Murray wins a Wimbledon title.

BTW, Andy just botched the tiebreaker (Fedex came up with a couple of great shots though)
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 08:14 PM   #1522
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

@Shifty

You notice, Černošek never said he asked "asked Lendl" anything. He just mentioned that Lendl told him, 'Petra clearly belongs in the Top 5 and should return'. Duh (about Lendl saying she's clearly top 5)!

That was probably Lendl's way of throwing shade and saying saying,"you guys are not doing your job". I'm sure he knows their negligent.
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 08:14 PM   #1523
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Boris is german, they even can't say squirrel properly

btw, more about annoying Černošek, i was surprised that he wasn't pleased with FC success
Funny video.

BTW, where are you reading he wasn't pleased? He said he was totally/absolutely satisfied.

His 'best' comment though: "I am not a tennis expert"
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 08:26 PM   #1524
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Funny video.

BTW, where are you reading he wasn't pleased? He said he was totally/absolutely satisfied.

If he really believes he's not a "tennis expert", then why does he make the first line suggestions, that his REAL TENNIS PEOPLE respond to after?

That's because, he's a MONEY, CONTROL, CRONYISM expert, and he seems more concerned about that, than anything else (or at least before the tennis).

You would think the players, coaches and advisers (we know she doesn't have any, outside of him), would know more about, or at the least 'in addition' to her manager'.

He's just a businessmen with a self serving network and interest. Just look at the pressure he put on Petra in the extended interview, by basically saying 'The Czech Republic would be hard pressed to win the Fed Cup with out her'. How dare him! Where's the professionalism? If he works for her, he should be more careful what he says (Obviously, he doesn't care). He acts so entitled.

Unfortunately, unless things change dramatically, I don't think Petra will ever care or notice and take control of her career.

Last edited by Excelscior : Nov 11th, 2012 at 11:23 PM.
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 08:47 PM   #1525
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:
Funny video.

Than i misunderstood him, he was babbling about empty VIP seats or something, how less cars for FC they needed compared to DC and how much more revenue DC brings
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 05:37 AM   #1526
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Talk about an understatement;that's like if Barney Fife said,"I'm not QUITE ready to be the director of the FBI."

I hope that Petra brings Prosto to their next meeting;I can sense a serious spraying taking place all over dude's dress pants and shoes...and that stench will NEVER go away

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 09:35 AM   #1527
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Than i misunderstood him, he was babbling about empty VIP seats or something, how less cars for FC they needed compared to DC and how much more revenue DC brings
Yeah, there were some empty VIP seats. That's the way life is - some tickets go to corporate officers, politicians, etc. who don't bother to show up. But overall the arena was packed and he (his agency) made a nice profit.

The Davis Cup final is even a bigger event and will be probably even more profitable. The only drawback is that they had to pay some compensation to the organizers of the dance show that had been originally scheduled for the O2 arena.

On the other hand, let's give the guy some credit. He is one of the reasons why the Czech tennis system is probably the most effective in the world on per capita basis. Besides the FedCup & DavisCup success, no other country was represented at the recent WTA and ATP finals in all four disciplines.
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 11:48 AM   #1528
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Struggling to clarify exactly what people are discussing, beyond the "Petra's team is still not making good decisions" bit, which comes across clearly. What is wrong with Cernosek? Who is Cernosek? I presume he's a very rich Czech person, maybe a bit like Rupert Murdoch? Maybe disliked by many in a similar way? It seems that he is involved in Petra's team decisions and people are concerned that he is actually the one making all the decisions. Do people think that this might result in Petra not getting the ideal fitness/conditioning person for her, because the job would go to someone with connections to Cernosek instead? And why do people not want Petra to play extraliga? I had heard that it was common for pros to play a bit of extraliga, and it only lasts about one week right, unlike the regular interclub? My impression of European interclub was that it was very strong and a lot of pros play in France, Germany, Czech rep, but do people think that players as highly ranked as Petra usually do not play? Does Berdych play Czech interclub? I've never followed extraliga but I've heard of it.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #1529
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
Who is Cernosek?
http://www.ceskasportovni.cz/en
Quote:
one of the leaders in the field of the sports marketing in the Czech Republic and Central Europe
NHL in Prague , Golden spike with Bolt, Davis Cup, Fed cup
Quote:
marketing partner of the Czech Olympic Committee
http://www.tkplus.cz/index-en.php Prostějov tennis club

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
And why do people not want Petra to play extraliga?
She injured herself last time.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 12:33 PM   #1530
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Yeah, there were some empty VIP seats. That's the way life is - some tickets go to corporate officers, politicians, etc. who don't bother to show up. But overall the arena was packed and he (his agency) made a nice profit.

The Davis Cup final is even a bigger event and will be probably even more profitable. The only drawback is that they had to pay some compensation to the organizers of the dance show that had been originally scheduled for the O2 arena.

On the other hand, let's give the guy some credit. He is one of the reasons why the Czech tennis system is probably the most effective in the world on per capita basis. Besides the FedCup & DavisCup success, no other country was represented at the recent WTA and ATP finals in all four disciplines.
Agreed Petronius (though I'm sure the Czech school/Phys Ed system has something to do with it as well). Csernosek, just takes the best candidates and molds them at his facility. And it should stay that way.

The problem is, he's got his hand in the cookie Jar in too many places (development, management, coaching decisions and politics). And what's always best for him, is not always best for Petra. That's the problem.

There's no excuse for Petra not having a regular hitting partner, doctors that take three years to find the proper inhalers, senior advisers, tennis specialist, etc. We been through all this.

On top of that: Now we know why Martina Navratilova complains on Tennis Channel why Petra doesn't contact her. She's probably forbidden.

The bottom line is this: If you're a tennis player, and you can't get the best people (but can afford it/have access), because of your Manager---who's so expendable--it's a conflict of interest. I couldn't care less what he does in the Czech Republic. That's another issue/argument. God Bless him.

And he's not even a coach. The Czech Republic has a rich tennis history, and I'm sure if he didn't own the facility, someone else would (or someone else in the Government would hook some one else up).