Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 101 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 11th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #1501
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
(New condition coach) Černošek : I will attend the meeting, but the main decision will be on David Kotyza. They are close and I don´t want to force them. (with my choice)
Fed cup 2013 Petra: „I don´t want to talk about about it.“
In what respect would Petra be 'forcing' them??Does she mean forcing them to go with her to extra liga,or does she mean forcing them to accept her decision.....or is she saying something else entirely?

Has anyone seen the Van Damme film,'Lionheart',where he arrives in the U.S. as a stowaway Foreign Legion deserter and then,desperate for money,he engages in impromptu bareknuckle fights under overpasses and in hotel garages??I can't picture Vitali Klitschko participating in such low-rent spectacles in Moscow,and yet Petra voluntarily engages in similar minor-league contrivances with little compensation in return

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 11th, 2012, 02:06 PM   #1502
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
or is she saying something else entirely?
well he

Quote:
In what respect would Petra be 'forcing' them??Does she mean forcing them to go with her to extra liga,or does she mean forcing them to accept her decision.....or is she saying something else entirely?
Černošek will not forced Petra and David to accept his candidate.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #1503
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
LOL, bad news for Shifty and Excelsior, Petra will play the Czech league final
Yeah, that's cause it's Csersonek (I apologize guys for always spelling his name wrong or with out the accents; it's just easier this way) sponsored/affiliated event.

When is she going to realize, she doesn't need this guy or do everything he suggest or wants (especially when it's to the benefit of him).
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 02:12 PM   #1504
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
well he

Černošek will not forced Petra and David to accept his candidate.
Candidate for fitness coach,you mean?Okay,thanks Paul.....As long as it's not a GOLF 'fitness coach'

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 02:45 PM   #1505
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
(New condition coach) Černošek : I will attend the meeting, but the main decision will be on David Kotyza. They are close and I don´t want to force them. (with my choice)
He sounds like a Freakin Mafia Boss ("I have an offer you cannot refuse").

It's so clear (from that quote)--that this guy is Csersonek's suggestion and preferred choice (or he knows they'll agree with him, even if he's not). He can barely hide it. I don't think I like this!

It's almost like he's saying "You can pick anyone you want, from one my selections--of course". WTF?

Where are Kotyza's and Petra's choices? How long and in depth is the process? Where is this guy from and who has he been affiliated with (The Prostojev boys)? This is crazy.

Petra is a Top Tier world class player, Grand Slam Champion, and deserves a team befitting that status.

Maybe Shifty was right. I'm starting wonder/worry. I hope not.

And why does Petra say "I don't want to talk about it"? What's the story behind that?

Note: I didn't read the article; just the quotes.
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 02:54 PM   #1506
country flag bruce goose

Petra has really opened my eyes to just how profoundly a player's team's organizational strength--or lack of it--can impact an individual's performance.I've been seeing that,in various manifestations,with both of my current faves and an EX-fave,too.I wonder if the male players are equally impacted;I know that,in Nadal's case,his uncle Antonio has made a huge difference with wise counsel b/c,to be gentle,Rafa's intelligence doesn't come close to matching his on-court talent and dedication.In the future,analyzing the stability of the surrounding team will be a big factor in whether I adopt a player as a fave or merely cheer for her at times....gonna stick with Petra,though,'til the end of the ride

Old Nov 11th, 2012, 03:08 PM   #1507
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Petra has really opened my eyes to just how profoundly a player's team's organizational strength--or lack of it--can impact an individual's performance.I've been seeing that,in various manifestations,with both of my current faves and an EX-fave,too.I wonder if the male players are equally impacted;I know that,in Nadal's case,his uncle Antonio has made a huge difference with wise counsel b/c,to be gentle,Rafa's intelligence doesn't come close to matching his on-court talent and dedication.In the future,analyzing the stability of the surrounding team will be a big factor in whether I adopt a player as a fave or merely cheer for her at times....gonna stick with Petra,though,'til the end of the ride
You know Bruce: I was thinking the same thing, and had a feeling of sadness and disappointment, knowing that Petra would never have access to the best people under this current arrangement.

However, I didn't write that, cause I didn't want to be any more negative, than my speculation of her team and how it's decisions are made. Of course I voiced those concerns now.

Boy, I sure hope that Petra and Kotyza can over come all this. And maybe Csersonek can prove us wrong? But it's clear to me, that Csersonek is only interested in people that are close to him (or his cronies). I'm not sure I like this (for Petra).

Hopefully, our protest, the Czech & Tennis media (or maybe Martian Hingis and Navratilova via back channels) can force her team to make better selections and decisions--through embarrassment?

And he (the new fitness guy, if/when he's picked) better not be 50+ years old either. SMH

I just don't see the meticulous process of selecting a great team, befitting the talent and expectations of Petra. Sorry! I really don't.
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 03:09 PM   #1508
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
And why does Petra say "I don't want to talk about it"?
It is better for her not to play Fed cup next season but ...
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 03:17 PM   #1509
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
It is better for her not to play Fed cup next season but ...
Why/when did she say this (at this years Fed Cup)?

And "BUT" what?

What does the "but" mean and entail?
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 03:24 PM   #1510
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
PS (since you mentioned the ATP): Can Petra at least share Berdych's fitness guy, hit with him occasionally at joint tournaments/Prostojev, and use some of his other people, since Csersonek likes pulling people from his stable and crony network so much?

At least he's in the top 10 of the ATP (though wonder why he hasn't gone farther, besides the Big 4, so maybe not).

You also wonder if Berdych is smart/independent enough, not to be so close to Csersonek--outside of calling him his manager and appearing at a few Czech events? He already calls Monaco his home/tax haven. And it appears he's been there a while.

Like you wondered Bruce: I wonder if ATP Berdych, gets better people than Petra, or Tomas and his coach handles that area themselves (could this be like a "sexism" deal going on)?

OK, my ramblings are done on that topic/individual.

Last edited by Excelscior : Nov 11th, 2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #1511
country flag Queen Petra Fan

Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all
Cool Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Very interesting. The decision making process for a conditioning coach has begun.

It appears Cernosek has somebody in mind already. No surprise there.

Of course he would never DREAM of forcing his choice on poor little Petra and Coach Kotex.

He's going to attend the meeting, glare across the table at P and Coach K, intimidate them both, and Petra will end up with some nobody who reports directly to Cernosek.

Let's hope he at least knows his business.

This being accomplished, it appears Coach Huggybear will keep his job for at least another year.

I can't wait to see how 2013 pans out.
Queen Petra Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 04:02 PM   #1512
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Petra Fan View Post
Very interesting. The decision making process for a conditioning coach has begun.

It appears Cernosek has somebody in mind already. No surprise there.

Of course he would never DREAM of forcing his choice on poor little Petra and Coach Kotex.

He's going to attend the meeting, glare across the table at P and Coach K, intimidate them both, and Petra will end up with some nobody who reports directly to Cernosek.

Let's hope he at least knows his business.

This being accomplished, it appears Coach Huggybear will keep his job for at least another year.

I can't wait to see how 2013 pans out.
I would at least hope if Cernosek is selecting Petra's choices through his stable, he'd at least be generous enough to pay for them.

Because I'd be damned, if I'm paying for a Fitness instructor, etc. (while I been on the tour many years, interfacing with all type of tennis people), but the selections and decision, came from inside my managers office, back in the Czech Republic.

Can he give a Sister A Break (Petra)?

Of course (not) he won't!

Damn!
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 04:45 PM   #1513
country flag Queen Petra Fan

Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all Queen Petra Fan is a name known to all

I really hope Petra and Kotyza can rise above all the crap holding her back so all of us can think more positively about her and her future.

Let's hope we get some kind of good sign for the future soon.

I'm a little tired of being so negative about it all.
Queen Petra Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 04:57 PM   #1514
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
PS (since you mentioned the ATP): Can Petra at least share Berdych's fitness guy, hit with him occasionally at joint tournaments/Prostojev, and use some of his other people, since Csersonek likes pulling people from his stable and crony network so much?

At least he's in the top 10 of the ATP (though wonder why he hasn't gone farther, besides the Big 4, so maybe not).

You also wonder if Berdych is smart/independent enough, not to be so close to Csersonek--outside of calling him his manager and appearing at a few Czech events? He already calls Monaco his home/tax haven. And it appears he's been there a while.

Like you wondered Bruce: I wonder if ATP Berdych, gets better people than Petra, or Tomas and his coach handles that area themselves (could this be like a "sexism" deal going on)?

OK, my ramblings are done on that topic/individual.
I know that the Europeans will have no clue WTF we're talking about here,but it's gotta be different when you're a Bengals fan cuz you KNOW that Mike Brown is an assclown who's not gonna spend ANY money and,if by some miracle he DOES,he'll surely spend it foolishly...so you go into the season fully aware that you have practically ZERO shot at a SB and you don't get your hopes up....Similar story with the clown college MLB squads like the Mets who squander money on the worst,self-centered FA's that you could imagine,killing any hope of team chemistry...likewise with bottom-feeding barnacle Donald Sterling and his LA Clippers...

....But Petra actually has a reasonable shot at being a dominant player for years,so that's why we say to ourselves....if ONLY.....SOMEhow....by almost ANY means....she could hook up with the right people,we'd regularly see some awesome tennis from Petra

....Okay,the season's over,so I'm gonna take an NFL break for a few hours,folks....maybe even check out some Bears highlights with a Costa Rican chica on my lap

Old Nov 11th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #1515
country flag paulmara

Quote:
Why/when did she say this (at this years Fed Cup)?
She said "I don't want to talk about it." It was stupid to ask her so soon.

Quote:
And "BUT" what?
What does the "but" mean and entail?
A) She will say No. Everybody will respect her decision.

But

B ) She will say Maybe or I don´t know and there will be pressure.

Černošek „ Look I agreed she will play the Czech league final. I suppose I can manage she will play Fed Cup.“