PK at the WTA - Finals!!! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 27th, 2014, 02:13 PM   #1
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute
PK at the WTA - Finals!!!

A little early maybe but if she plays with the form she has mostly had since Wimby started, I think she'll win it. That would rock!
Advertisement

Old Sep 27th, 2014, 03:37 PM   #2
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: PK at the WTA - Finals!!!

I want her to win it by beating Serena in the RR, Pova or Halep in the semis, and Serena again in the finals. I've been getting shit from Serena tards for years now because I once said that "not even Serena" can handle PK's peak game. But I still believe it. Her game is the best in the WTA when it is on. Even Serena is reduced to a retriever: "Petra was hitting shots that I had no chance to get" were Serena's words. In other words, she couldn't do anything about it.
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2014, 03:46 PM   #3
country flag honzaneumannn

honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
I want her to win it by beating Serena in the RR, Pova or Halep in the semis, and Serena again in the finals. I've been getting shit from Serena tards for years now because I once said that "not even Serena" can handle PK's peak game. But I still believe it. Her game is the best in the WTA when it is on. Even Serena is reduced to a retriever: "Petra was hitting shots that I had no chance to get" were Serena's words. In other words, she couldn't do anything about it.
Would be great, but the fact is, that Petra may have come closer than the others in her respective encounters vs. Rena, but so far, has never won a single match against her, who always showed her best, when it mattered most (while Petra failed). Will this be the case once more in YEC?
honzaneumannn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2014, 03:54 PM   #4
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

Rena has always pulled it out somehow. But hell, if Cornet, Wozniacki, and Bartoli can beat Serena, Petra should get a few wins over her before she's done. And where would it be more likely than at YED or Wimby?
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
Old Sep 27th, 2014, 03:59 PM   #5
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
Rena has always pulled it out somehow. But hell, if Cornet, Wozniacki, and Bartoli can beat Serena, Petra should get a few wins over her before she's done. And where would it be more likely than at YED or Wimby?
I would be perfectly fine with one win in the final.

I think Petra can beat Serena, but she has to be (much) more confident and play at the top of her game (and serving). However, on a given day, she can beat her even without most of this, but she hasn't been so lucky as the other players you've listed.
And other Czech Davis Cup and Fed Cup team members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.
*Jack* is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2014, 03:59 PM   #6
country flag honzaneumannn

honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold honzaneumannn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
That would be great. But realistically, will we ever experience it?
honzaneumannn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2014, 04:09 PM   #7
country flag TennisAddict84

TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
well when they meet each other, Serena's always the more consistent one off the ground and plays the big points better, but yea they just haven't met yet when Petra has been in form...i agree though that Petra is due for a win over her
TennisAddict84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2014, 04:37 PM   #8

TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
I would be perfectly fine with one win in the final.

I think Petra can beat Serena, but she has to be (much) more confident and play at the top of her game (and serving). However, on a given day, she can beat her even without most of this, but she hasn't been so lucky as the other players you've listed.
yeah, i feel like serena always comes PREPARED when she faces petra cuz she knows how dangerous petra is and the margins are going to be very slim if they're both playing at their best

petra's form in wuhan has been encouraging though...it's obvious the things that she has been working on leading up to the tournament...consistently big 1st AND 2nd serves...i was actually at how big her first serve has been all week...consistently hitting 110-116 mph and second serve mid to high 90s

there were a lot of patches though where Petra had a hard time getting her 1st serve in, still went after the 2nd serve and committed DFs...when she's down 15-30 or 0-30 after missing several 1st serves, she needs to remember to just take a bit off of the 1st serve and get a high % of first serves when she's in this situation against great returners

off the ground, it's nice to see Petra continuing to improve her point construction and work the point rather than just hit a low % winner all the time...hitting the proper rally ball or defensive shot when she's out of position for a winner...she does still makes careless mistakes, but it seems like she recovers and gets back on track a lot faster now rather than gifting a few games or even a set as she has in the past

in the finals though, Petra regressed back a bit to wanting to end points early, resulting in more careless UEs compared to her prior matches...she was taking big cuts at the ball and playing w/ a lot less top spin, often times becoming hit or miss...this was evident in her ROS in a few of Bouchard's service games as well as off the ground in rallies...just went for too much when it was unnecessary...but i think (and hoping) this had more to do w/ Petra feeling tired after consecutive matches and just wanting to play shorter rallies and knowing that she could get away w/ it against a player like Bouchard

Petra's best match all tournament IMO was against Svitolina in the SF where they were both playing at a pretty high level throughout with Petra having to earn the win

finally, it's nice seeing Petra displaying great footwork and taking the small steps around the court...she's absolutely in the best shape of her life...i think her movement is actually pretty good now, despite what critics will say...she just needs to remember to take those small adjustments...once her feet are in place, she's usually getting a shot in, more often than not
Old Sep 27th, 2014, 05:16 PM   #9
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisAddict84 View Post
yeah, i feel like serena always comes PREPARED when she faces petra cuz she knows how dangerous petra is and the margins are going to be very slim if they're both playing at their best

petra's form in wuhan has been encouraging though...it's obvious the things that she has been working on leading up to the tournament...consistently big 1st AND 2nd serves...i was actually at how big her first serve has been all week...consistently hitting 110-116 mph and second serve mid to high 90s

there were a lot of patches though where Petra had a hard time getting her 1st serve in, still went after the 2nd serve and committed DFs...when she's down 15-30 or 0-30 after missing several 1st serves, she needs to remember to just take a bit off of the 1st serve and get a high % of first serves when she's in this situation against great returners

off the ground, it's nice to see Petra continuing to improve her point construction and work the point rather than just hit a low % winner all the time...hitting the proper rally ball or defensive shot when she's out of position for a winner...she does still makes careless mistakes, but it seems like she recovers and gets back on track a lot faster now rather than gifting a few games or even a set as she has in the past

in the finals though, Petra regressed back a bit to wanting to end points early, resulting in more careless UEs compared to her prior matches...she was taking big cuts at the ball and playing w/ a lot less top spin, often times becoming hit or miss...this was evident in her ROS in a few of Bouchard's service games as well as off the ground in rallies...just went for too much when it was unnecessary...but i think (and hoping) this had more to do w/ Petra feeling tired after consecutive matches and just wanting to play shorter rallies and knowing that she could get away w/ it against a player like Bouchard

Petra's best match all tournament IMO was against Svitolina in the SF where they were both playing at a pretty high level throughout with Petra having to earn the win

finally, it's nice seeing Petra displaying great footwork and taking the small steps around the court...she's absolutely in the best shape of her life...i think her movement is actually pretty good now, despite what critics will say...she just needs to remember to take those small adjustments...once her feet are in place, she's usually getting a shot in, more often than not
Exactly!
I've noticed already that she has problems understanding how important it is to get high % of 1st serves against fine returners, especially against those who just wanna put a lot of ball back into play and are not hitting a ton of winners from her (slower) 1st serves. She got burned lots of times against Svitolina (in Cincy) when her serve wasn't particularly great and she was getting into troubles after her 2nd serve which resulted in destroying her service rhythm and high amount of DFs.
And other Czech Davis Cup and Fed Cup team members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.
*Jack* is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2014, 05:36 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
Exactly!
I've noticed already that she has problems understanding how important it is to get high % of 1st serves against fine returners, especially against those who just wanna put a lot of ball back into play and are not hitting a ton of winners from her (slower) 1st serves. She got burned lots of times against Svitolina (in Cincy) when her serve wasn't particularly great and she was getting into troubles after her 2nd serve which resulted in destroying her service rhythm and high amount of DFs.
yeah, she would've gotten burned serving like that against someone like Serena...petra needs to just reset herself when she loses her rhythm and timing, instead of continuing to go at it...she started to learn to do this w/ her ground game...just needs to keep her serving also in mind when she's against a great returner
Old Sep 27th, 2014, 07:58 PM   #11
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute

On this form, Petra could definitely win the YEC, including beating Serena. Speed of the courts will be key.

RIP Elena Baltacha. You were taken far too soon from us. You will be missed, loved and remembered.
Vicky Duval Get well soon. We're all pulling for you in this awful fight you now face.
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2014, 03:24 PM   #12
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rena has always pulled it out somehow. But hell, if Cornet, Wozniacki, and Bartoli can beat Serena, Petra should get a few wins over her before she's done.
Never say never. But the thing is that I doubt SW will let her guard down against PK. Peak SW beats peak anyone else on tour. To argue otherwise is nuts.
Old Oct 8th, 2014, 11:23 PM   #13
country flag mac47

You don't get it, Pov. When Petra is in GOATra mode, it doesn't matter if her opponent is peak Pierce possessed by the Holy Spirit and the ghost of swift-footed Achilles. No one can do anything about her shots. She gets the upper hand off the first shot she hits, and then you are a retriever, even if you have won 18 slams to her 2. Yes, even Serena is reduced to a retriever. We have seen it in the first set in Doha 2013. It was an awesome thing to watch.

Petra just needs to have a lucky day where she's in GOATra mode for two sets.
Old Oct 12th, 2014, 11:11 PM   #14
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Well, if Petra would lose Beijing, to come back and win the YEC; I'll take it. Lol

You guys said all what needed to be said, so we'll see?
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2014, 11:13 PM   #15
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisAddict84 View Post

Well said!!
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote