We should all learn from Maria - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 03:25 PM   #1
country flag heelsrule1988

heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all
We should all learn from Maria

Are we all extremely disappointed right now? Absolutely. Going into the match, this felt like her day. This was her time. But it didn't happen. Yet there Maria was, still smiling after the match and being extremely graceful in defeat. She even seemed to share a laugh with Petra during their post-match lap around the court. Maria maintains her trademark intensity and passion to win, yet at the same time can smile after such a disappointing loss and feel very grateful to do as well as she has after coming back from her injury. And who can blame her? I mean, who here honestly saw her doing something like winning Rome, getting to the semifinals at Roland Garros, and falling just one match short of the title at Wimbledon? I will shamefully admit that I didn't. After last year, I was pleased that she was getting better... but it seemed like she'd only be a "former great" that could still get some wins, but couldn't beat players in the top 10. But this year, everything's changed. Maria has returned to being a contender and might just get back to #1 soon. It hurts badly that she lost today... but as hard as it is, we should follow Maria's example and not rage about today. Rather, we should keep our disappointment in check and be proud that she almost won Wimbledon again. I would say that Maria will be back... but that would be incorrect. Maria is back.

P.S. This means that in the last two Grand Slams, Maria has made it to the semifinals and then the final. Next up is the US Open, of course. If the pattern continues...
heelsrule1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 03:35 PM   #2
country flag !VamosRafa!

!VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of !VamosRafa! has much to be proud of
Re: We should all learn from Maria

Since this is her "2nd career" the loss will help her a lot in the next slam final(which she will win ofc) just like the loss to Li helped her to beat Lisicki.
Experience means a lot in tennis
!VamosRafa! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 02:00 AM   #3
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold

I was disappointed that she lost for about like 5 mins? But all credits to Petra Kvitova. Job well done for her to earn it. It's not like Maria was playing shit to let her take advantage, Maria was outplayed. And she was already aware of that before the match began. So it wasn't that unexpected. There's gonna be only one winner each match, so today it was Kvitova's time and it's about time for a new-born star for WTA as well as a good player. Caroline Wozniacki couldn't do so, so the others stepped up and takes her job. For Maria, she needs to work harder on the consistency more.

I just hope Kvitova can deal with the pressure for USO because once your a GS champion, you're expected to win from then onward. Na clearly failed and had to take some time to regroup and refocus. Clijsters was basically nobody after AO win.
goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 02:36 AM   #4
country flag MaitaBaby
fallshortpova

MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of MaitaBaby has much to be proud of

Oh. Clijsters is a multiple slam winner, she didn't disappear into the abyss. Mama got injured. But I feel like her heart is only half there for tennis. It isn't fair for the rest of the field who work their butts off but such is life. Also, I'm judging her from the outside so...
Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 03:04 AM   #5
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

As heaps of others have said, if you'd have told me Maria would have made at least the SF of 3 of the last 4 Prem Mand tournies and at least SF of the last 2 slams I'd have told you to dream on. Not taking anything for granted at all