How many Grand Slams will Petra Kvitova win in her career? - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How many Grand Slams will Petra Kvitova win in her career?

1 24 14.72%
2 13 7.98%
3 23 14.11%
4 14 8.59%
5 18 11.04%
6 19 11.66%
7 13 7.98%
8 10 6.13%
9 0 0%
10+ 29 17.79%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 05:03 AM   #91
country flag Brαm

Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How many Grand Slams will Petra Kvitova win in her career?

2 or 3
I believe she will have a career à la Mary Pierce!
Brαm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 30th, 2013, 05:22 AM   #92
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of

tennisforum = bandwagon-forum
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 05:25 AM   #93
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbert View Post
tennisforum = bandwagon-forum
Pretty much.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 07:03 AM   #94
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

10+?

I like Kvitova a lot more now that most of her bandwagoners have jumped off.

It's going to depend a lot on her dedication to the game. I'd say 5-7. But anything is possible.

She has a lot of talent. She just needs to work on fitness and mental aspects of her game.
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 07:21 AM   #95
dragonflies

dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute

Why nobody voted 9? Is it an untouchable number, or superstitious something?

Or unlucky? ( Monica : stabbing )
dragonflies is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 06:35 AM   #96
country flag Maria rocks

Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of Maria rocks has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young 8 View Post
Eight
I don't think she will win one more let alone eight!! Fading fast.
Maria rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 06:41 AM   #97
country flag Lulu.
`

Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute Lulu. has a reputation beyond repute

I voted two but won't be surprised if she wins more than that.

|||||||||||||||||||||||
Lulu. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 07:10 AM   #98
country flag serenafann

serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of

3 or 4 if she is lucky

"Serena Derangement Syndrome"is Real-You Sad Bitter Pathological Haters/Liars in the Tennis media-Nothing You Say Or Write will Diminish Her GREATNESS!!
serenafann is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 07:18 AM   #99
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

they way she plays now - she won't win her second Slam , if she returns back near to her form of 2011 she might win 2 more Slams , 1 Wimbledon and 1 Australian Open

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 07:54 AM   #100
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
they way she plays now - she won't win her second Slam , if she returns back near to her form of 2011 she might win 2 more Slams , 1 Wimbledon and 1 Australian Open
Can´t believe my eyes You are not trolling on a Kvitova thread, and what you say is actually OK.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 08:09 AM   #101
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

I voted 8 when the poll was opened and I'll stick to that, although with far less certainty than when I initially voted.

I don't find the middle range (roughly 3-6) very plausible. IMO she'll either get her shit together (in which case I don't see any current or emerging player stopping her from winning a lot of slams (I'm assuming that Serena will lose her edge within the next year or so)), or she won't (in which case she might win another 1 if she's lucky).
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 08:13 AM   #102
country flag Israel

Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future Israel has a brilliant future

It's so sad how Petra went down from being a slam favorite to a slumping player...
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 08:47 AM   #103
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

wow....talking about wildcard. She either bombs totally or she finds her form and then can see her hitting 8 or 9. No in between it seems.
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
18 majors:5256

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 08:54 AM   #104
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
wow....talking about wildcard. She either bombs totally or she finds her form and then can see her hitting 8 or 9. No in between it seems.

she will never be consistent enough to win 8-9 Slams , She will be more like Pierce or Kuzzy, but probably with just a bit better achievements , only because the field is not going to be as tough as it used to be

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:12 AM   #105
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
she will never be consistent enough to win 8-9 Slams , She will be more like Pierce or Kuzzy, but probably with just a bit better achievements , only because the field is not going to be as tough as it used to be
She was consistent enough to win 6 out of seven finals played in 2011, including big titles on HC, grass and clay.
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote