Photos of Petra Kvitova - Page 95 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 8th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #1411
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Photos of Petra Kvitova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
@PetraNo1

Though I don't always agree with everything POV says (and certainly understand how you feel), I do believe in freedom of expression, within reason. It just seems that Pov's thing is "Core" fitness.
Well I've reported it and they are looking into it
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 8th, 2012, 08:50 PM   #1412
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetraNo.1 View Post
Please go away.

I am going to make a request to the mods to have you banned from here. You do nothing but slag her off and bring negativity to Petra's forum. I suggest other Petra fans do the same. PLEASE
He's probably one of those people who prefer seeing a few rotten trees in a beautiful forest instead of actually seeing that beautiful forest. To each their own
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 08:57 PM   #1413

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan_S View Post
O.K., so pov is either trying to provoke us with his numerous references to Petra's core, then he should be ignored, or he is really concerned as a fan about this thing, and then he should, perhaps, trust a little bit more in her team. After all, Jozef Ivanko is an expert in this area and he has done a lot of work with Petra so far. It is hardly possible that he overlooked this "problem". Apart from the vague explanation that some women are just "pear-shaped" whatever they try to do, you should consider also the fact that Petra has got thyroid issues; believe it or not, these things can be related.
Really?

Underactive or overactive
Old May 8th, 2012, 09:50 PM   #1414
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Please go away.

I am going to make a request to the mods to have you banned from here. You do nothing but slag her off and bring negativity to Petra's forum. I suggest other Petra fans do the same. PLEASE

Just tell me where to send my request. Pov needs to STFU or GTFO.
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 10:27 PM   #1415
country flag Jan_S

Jan_S is a splendid one to behold Jan_S is a splendid one to behold Jan_S is a splendid one to behold Jan_S is a splendid one to behold Jan_S is a splendid one to behold Jan_S is a splendid one to behold Jan_S is a splendid one to behold Jan_S is a splendid one to behold Jan_S is a splendid one to behold Jan_S is a splendid one to behold Jan_S is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Really?

Underactive or overactive
I thought, it was a common knowledge here. Černošek mentioned it in an interview from March: http://sport.idnes.cz/manazer-oponuj...1036_tenis_par. (And by the way, someone noticed that she could have this kind of problems during last year's Wimbledon: I saw a commentary under one of her photos saying she should undergo some tests on thyroid function. I think that the observation was based solely on that photo.)

Černošek told the press only that Petra has got thyroid problems from which inflammations (such as her Achilles, knee etc.) stem. I suspect she probably has hyperthyroidism since one of the usual side-effects of anti-thyroid drugs is a drop in white blood cell count which implies being more prone to infections.
Jan_S is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 10:33 PM   #1416

Quote:
I thought, it was a common knowledge here. Černošek mentioned it in an interview from March: http://sport.idnes.cz/manazer-oponuj...1036_tenis_par. (And by the way, someone noticed that she could have this kind of problems during last year's Wimbledon: I saw a commentary under one of her photos saying she should undergo some tests on thyroid function. I think that the observation was based solely on that photo.)

Černošek told the press only that Petra has got thyroid problems from which inflammations (such as her Achilles, knee etc.) stem. I suspect she probably has hyperthyroidism since one of the usual side-effects of anti-thyroid drugs is a drop in white blood cell count which implies being more prone to infections.
How could they tell from a photo

That's really upset me knowing that.
Old May 8th, 2012, 10:37 PM   #1417
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How could they tell from a photo

That's really upset me knowing that.
To be honest, this was mentioned previously PetraNo1, and you responded to it. But you probably don't remember.

As far as her picture; I remember someone looking at the dark spots underneath Petra's eyes (you weren't registered then), and asking if she had allergies, asthma, or some kind of inflammation. I'm not sure if they mentioned "Thyroids" directly though (unless JanS is talking about something/someone else). My observations.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 10:44 PM   #1418
country flag Jan_S

Jan_S is a splendid one to behold Jan_S is a splendid one to behold Jan_S is a splendid one to behold Jan_S is a splendid one to behold Jan_S is a splendid one to behold Jan_S is a splendid one to behold Jan_S is a splendid one to behold Jan_S is a splendid one to behold Jan_S is a splendid one to behold Jan_S is a splendid one to behold Jan_S is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
To be honest, this was mentioned previously PetraNo1, and you responded to it. But you probably don't remember.

As far as her picture; I remember someone looking at the dark spots underneath Petra's eyes (you weren't here then), and asking if she had allergies, asthma, or some kind of inflammation. I'm not sure if they mentioned "Thyroids" directly though (unless JanS is talking about something/someone else). My observations.
Yes, I am talking about something else: it wasn't on TF, it was directly on the official Wimbledon web pages, in the discussion below a report on one of Petra's matches; a report accompanied by the photo.
Jan_S is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 10:55 PM   #1419
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, I am talking about something else: it wasn't on TF, it was directly on the official Wimbledon web pages, in the discussion below a report on one of Petra's matches; a report accompanied by the photo.
I distinctly remember the Cseronek article, regarding thyroids, that was republished here (if that was the first thing you were mentioning)?

The second thing I mentioned, was a TF poster speculating on Petra's picture/dark spots under her eyes, and correlating it with some type of allergies, asthma or maybe inflammation.

I hope I helped clarify?
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 05:55 AM   #1420
country flag naranka

naranka has disabled reputation

Quote:

This all sounds very vague and unreliable. Neither hyperthyroid nor hypothyroid leads to bodily inflammations of knees or tendons -- or of anything else, except inflammation of the thyroid. The side-effects you mention about the white blood cells is extremely rare and extremely serious. If Petra had had that she would not have been playing tennis; more likely she would have been hospitalized. That condition, agranulocytosis, though serious is usually very temporary anyway, so even if she did have that it's gone now.

Basically, the thyroid controls your metabolism, so it's pretty easy to understand how thyroid disease manifests. You're either sluggish and fatigued (hypothyroid), or jittery (hyperthyroid). I have seen no signs of hypo (underactive) thyroid in Petra, and I'm pretty attuned to that since I was diagnosed with hypothyroid 16 years ago. The major symptoms are fatigue, depression, weight gain, and a general feeling of malaise. Thyroid disease is an auto-immune disease like Sjögren's Syndrome (which Venus W. has) and being hypothyroid (before you get it under control) can make you feel like you have Sjögren's. But once you're on a thyroid-replacement hormone and you reach normal levels, you usually feel no different from anyone else. The same is true for hyperthyroid. It's possible she was diagnosed long ago and she has the odd flare-up, which is perhaps what Cernosek was alluding to. By flare-up I mean that your thyroid can go wonky for a variety of reasons and you need to readjust your thyroxin dosage to get it back on an even keel.

Whatever, I'm sure Petra's physicians have her thyroid well managed, and I doubt it's an issue at all.
naranka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 05:40 PM   #1421
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

big one
http://oidnes.cz/12/051/org/ALD430df...EN_0509_11.JPG

Last edited by paulmara : May 9th, 2012 at 06:02 PM.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #1422
country flag Lufa

Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all

Petra preparing for grass season?

Today I went to visit the Real Madrid stadium - it was great, but don't worry I am still a fan of Chelsea!
pic.twitter.com/xzkzq09k

Girl, better to get some colosseum photo soon...

EDIT: Good girl

Petra Kvitova ‏ @Petra_Kvitova
I will fly to Rome tomorrow morning - I hope to play better on the red clay. Bye bye blue clay

Last edited by Lufa : May 10th, 2012 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Twitter update
Lufa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #1423
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufa View Post

Today I went to visit the Real Madrid stadium - it was great, but don't worry I am still a fan of Chelsea!
I knew there was a reason I like her. Chelsea As for La Liga . . Barca.
Old May 10th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #1424
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
O.K., so pov is either trying to provoke us with his numerous references to Petra's core, then he should be ignored, or he is really concerned as a fan about this thing, and then he should, perhaps, trust a little bit more in her team.
Provoke you? Really? I have much better things to do with time. In fact. . . anyone who reads through my posts fully and objectively will see clearly that:

1 I initially made a comment about a lack of core fitness and was jumped on by certain people about it.
2 Not concerned by it so much as I get annoyed/disappointed by it. IMO there is no reason for it and (as I say in almost every post) I do think that core fitness goes a long way.

Beyond that - the idea that being a fan of Kvitova means not expressing my opinion about things like her visible lack of core toning and not wondering if she has that intense hunger to be and stay at the top is ludicrous. You don't agree with or like my posts fine, but none of you have any more rights to this sub-forum than I or any other fan.
Old May 10th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #1425
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

That's a nice pic.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote