Photos of Petra Kvitova - Page 50 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 17th, 2011, 05:14 PM   #736
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Photos of Petra Kvitova

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
I still take issue with that huge spare tire Kvitova carries around. I mean . .really? She's 21, has all the nutrition and exercise support there for her. What is the problem with toning her core?
Did you see/know what she looked like 2-3 years ago?

If you did; you wouldn't worry about her current stomach as much. Trust me! Lol

Plus, I don't think her stomach is as big as you think it is. She has a little bulge. Agreed. But she doesn't have a big stomach. A lot of it depends on what she's wearing. Forum member's who've seen Petra in person, said she appears very tall, lean and striking in person/on the court.

I don't know if she'll ever be able to completely get rid of it though. We'll see? But whether she does or doesn't; look at it this way; as good as she is now (if you believe the stomach has something to do with), she can get even better when she loses it completely.

As far as her fitness. Petra is very fit. I don't think I've ever seen her get tired and/or have it effect her performance in a game or tournament; regardless of the scenarios (2 matches in a day, come from behind 3 setters, with tie breaks, heat, etc.).

But if you judge her by Linz and the YEC, hopefully she'll put some more off again (from the US Open Series, when she looked a little heavier compared to Wimby, then seemed to lose it again for YEC), by the time the Australian rolls around.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 18th, 2011, 12:49 AM   #737
country flag ExtremespeedX

ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold ExtremespeedX is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post

As far as her fitness. Petra is very fit. I don't think I've ever seen her get tired and/or have it effect her performance in a game or tournament; regardless of the scenarios (2 matches in a day, come from behind 3 setters, with tie breaks, heat, etc.).
Well, to be fair she doesn't really get tired because of her style of play where she gets lots of points off her serve and forehand/backhand/volleys and finishes matches quickly. Never ever seen her grind or try to outlast other player. Even in her long matches she doesn't do a lot of running, which is good for minimizing injuries and fatigue. Plus, she's only 21 - so even after a long match, she recovers very quickly. But generally, I agree, she's much fitter than she looks - she had some tough 3 setters in Paris this year and she still had enough juice to roast Clijsters in finals in a routine manner...
ExtremespeedX is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2011, 01:18 AM   #738
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did you see/know what she looked like 2-3 years ago?

I don't know if she'll ever be able to completely get rid of it though.
I've only been following Kvitova since Wimby 2010

If she spent 3 months with me she'd have a flat belly and wicked abs - guaranteed. She definitely can get rid of it. Will she? I'm starting to doubt that. But we'll see.
Old Dec 18th, 2011, 02:45 AM   #739
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've only been following Kvitova since Wimby 2010

If she spent 3 months with me she'd have a flat belly and wicked abs - guaranteed. She definitely can get rid of it. Will she? I'm starting to doubt that. But we'll see.
OH Yeah!? Lol

Well, considering what she looked like 2-3 yrs ago, I'm sure she's on the right path. But if anyone here runs into her, we'll be sure to remind them to give her your card, just in case.

But trust me, she's definitely moving in the right direction.

Punch up her Safina match at the US Open in 2009, and you'll see.

Let's not even talk about 2008.

Despite all this, she's still a natural athlete. She played a very tough match against Safina with that size, and had no problem winning a grueling match. She is also the lowest ranked player to ever beat Venus Williams. She beat Venus in 2008, when she was the number 130+ ranked player (something like that), despite her youth, inexperience and "Ahem" size at the time.
Old Dec 18th, 2011, 02:05 PM   #740
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

thanks to www.protenis.cz

Last edited by paulmara : Dec 18th, 2011 at 02:27 PM.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2011, 02:49 PM   #741
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremespeedX View Post
Well, to be fair she doesn't really get tired because of her style of play where she gets lots of points off her serve and forehand/backhand/volleys and finishes matches quickly. Never ever seen her grind or try to outlast other player. Even in her long matches she doesn't do a lot of running, which is good for minimizing injuries and fatigue. Plus, she's only 21 - so even after a long match, she recovers very quickly. But generally, I agree, she's much fitter than she looks - she had some tough 3 setters in Paris this year and she still had enough juice to roast Clijsters in finals in a routine manner...
That's overall true, the match though opposing Kaia Kanepi in Wimbledon 2010 4-6 7-6 (10-8) 8-6 over at least 2 hours and something confirms what Excelsior says too... I remember that match Live and the intensity, emotional, physical... that were all into it, she wasn't yet a top player and Petra always seemed to have the resources. Petra is fitter than what is given credit to her for IMO... because after that same match and even disregarding the day rest, she was ready versus Serena... again she wasn't even yet a top gun.

[...] or just perhaps the other explanation that she's so strong mentally that she can go beyond the pain(s), that match was incredible (Kaia)...

In AO 2011, she was very slim... in 2010 tougher and I remember in 2009 versus Safina (anyways only match I had seen from her until Madrid 2010 versus Wozniacki) she was the same... she seem(s)(ed) to have a very sinusoidal path with that department.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2011, 02:52 PM   #742
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OH Yeah!? Lol

Well, considering what she looked like 2-3 yrs ago, I'm sure she's on the right path.
Yeah. So guaranteed that she'd pay nothing if the goal wasn't met.
Old Dec 18th, 2011, 02:55 PM   #743
country flag pov

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
Kvitova is wearing much makeup on court in these photos. That isn't a change I'm going to be celebrating.
Old Dec 18th, 2011, 04:20 PM   #744
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Kvitova is wearing much makeup on court in these photos. That isn't a change I'm going to be celebrating.
The reason is simple: this event was an exho and simultaneously a date with boyfriend
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2011, 04:29 PM   #745
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

wow she looks great in that pic. I hope she's comfortable with what she wears (no matter make-up or attire) and not let it affect her.
and Adam seemed to be taller?
ElusiveChanteuse is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2011, 06:21 PM   #746
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
That's overall true, the match though opposing Kaia Kanepi in Wimbledon 2010 4-6 7-6 (10-8) 8-6 over at least 2 hours and something confirms what Excelsior says too... I remember that match Live and the intensity, emotional, physical... that were all into it, she wasn't yet a top player and Petra always seemed to have the resources. Petra is fitter than what is given credit to her for IMO... because after that same match and even disregarding the day rest, she was ready versus Serena... again she wasn't even yet a top gun.

[...] or just perhaps the other explanation that she's so strong mentally that she can go beyond the pain(s), that match was incredible (Kaia)...

In AO 2011, she was very slim... in 2010 tougher and I remember in 2009 versus Safina (anyways only match I had seen from her until Madrid 2010 versus Wozniacki) she was the same... she seem(s)(ed) to have a very sinusoidal path with that department.
I agree.

I think we have a tendency to forget her longer and/or more stroke, running intensive matches, in favor of her more efficient ones.

Renee Stubbs, went crazy after Petra lost the 2nd set at the YEC, fearing she was tired from the accumulation of winning 4 previous matches. I don't know why? Well, Petra settled that quick in the third set, as well all know. Lol

Petra also played a long match vs Cibulkova at Madrid, then proceeded to smoke LI Na the next match, and eventually win the championship.

Petra's long early match in Paris with Stryokyva (I know I spelled her name wrong), then she went on to win the title there.

At Linz, she had a tough match with Jankovic, then came back to beat Cibulkova and win the title 6-4 6-1. And at the very end of the year, she came back twice against Kuznetsova to win the match.

At Eastbourne, I'm not sure Petra played a 2 set match, with a bunch of tiebreakers thrown in. And as we know, on the last day, she played 2 matches; then went to Wimbledon 2 days later and won that title.

Just like you mentioned Kanepi to Serena at Wimby; Penneta to Vera at the AO, etc. (though she lost those matches).

The bottom line is, as I always tell people I never seen Petra's movement or conditioning cost her a match. She's fine. People who are not used to her/seen enough, worry about nothing.

OF course, she should always work to improve her speed and conditioning. Absolutely. But they're not hindrances to her game and success (until proven otherwise).

I agree her mental strength is strong/integral as well. Cause I think in Linz, she appeared to pace herself against Cibulkova, and still won easily. And I think with that match, when asked about it before (after playing that long match against Jankovic) Petra said "if we have to play 3hrs, we'll play 3 hrs." She added "I'm fine either way". Yeah. She made that comment either at Linz or before the last match at the Fed Cup, after a long season.
Old Dec 18th, 2011, 06:33 PM   #747
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:

The bottom line is, as I always tell people I never seen Petra's movement or conditioning cost her a match.

OF course, she should always work to improve them. Absolutely. But they're not hindrances to her game and success (until proven otherwise).
this, but interestingly

it also depends on how you define "cost her a match"

if you say bad movement at BP, SP and MP, then there might be some matches which she lost in this way

or in a match when 50%, 60%, 70% of the points are gone due to bad movement, and we need stats to help us on this category

however, i would say most of the time (imo, two exceptions this year are Rogers Cup and US Open), it is not that her movement is bad, just the ball is little bit out of her reach which has nothing to do with her and unfortunately that makes it look like she's bit slow, it happens to anyone and i'm pretty sure we would see much more from her opponents, but we simply don't care about them when watching Petra's match and instead we say 'what an amazing shot from Petra!" (actually her shot is just too good to make us realize the "poor movement" of the player on the other side)

Last edited by TimeyWimey : Dec 18th, 2011 at 06:45 PM.
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2011, 08:34 PM   #748
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyeszjj View Post
this, but interestingly

it also depends on how you define "cost her a match"

if you say bad movement at BP, SP and MP, then there might be some matches which she lost in this way

or in a match when 50%, 60%, 70% of the points are gone due to bad movement, and we need stats to help us on this category

however, i would say most of the time (imo, two exceptions this year are Rogers Cup and US Open), it is not that her movement is bad, just the ball is little bit out of her reach which has nothing to do with her and unfortunately that makes it look like she's bit slow, it happens to anyone and i'm pretty sure we would see much more from her opponents, but we simply don't care about them when watching Petra's match and instead we say 'what an amazing shot from Petra!" (actually her shot is just too good to make us realize the "poor movement" of the player on the other side)
That's not bad movement. That's being out of form. Lol

Petra couldn't hit the ball on the court in those matches, even if hit right in front of her. She was useless!

As you mentioned, every player that's out of form, looks the same way (they think to much, can't get to the balls or hit them properly).

Agreed. I don't think Petra's slow at all. I actually think her movement is above average. It's just that people who don't watch Petra play assumes she's slow, cause of her size and slight belly bulge. Renee Stubbs, thought she was tired in the third set against Azarenka at the YEC (after just two plays only) for probably the same reasons. SMH. Obviously, if someone sees her play a bad, confident match, they may call her slow then.

But now, many of the BBC tennis reporters, who've seen her multiple times in 2011 (Sam Smith, Joe Durie, Simon Reed, etc.), now use terms like "graceful", "with Kvitova moving so well now", "very agile for her size", "athletic move by Kvitova", etc., to describe Petra on the court.

Petra's biggest potential detriment in any tournament, is arriving out of form. And the challenge always is how/what's the best and quickest way to play her self into form, if she does arrives that way.

I'm sure many of the tactics that she employed at Linz and YEC (increased changing pace, drop shots, lobbing, more angles, going to the net, etc., and a improved serve) will help her get through those early rounds, after inactivity better. Petra usually tries to hit her way back into form from the baseline. She should continue to do that, but she should also attempt to add variety and change the pace for easy shots/points when they're available in those early rounds matches (i.e. end the points quickly; with out having to kill the ball or paint the lines, that can lead to errors). Shoot! Sometimes when she's hitting the ball really hard, she doesn't have to go for the lines; just hit the ball in a general direction and it should be good enough, depending on the early round opponent.

We'll see?
Old Dec 18th, 2011, 09:06 PM   #749
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post

Yes Vika Power.

Even when Petra was big, she was able to play a tough, physical match vs #1 Safina in the 4th round and outlast her, in a near 3 hr match in NY.

So she seemed to always have the conditioning or grit, even when she was younger and less fit.

Now she's even more fit than previously, and she never seems to complain about being tired. And even occasionally when she does mentions it (after Jankovic-Linz), it doesn't seem to effect her play (the next match vs Cibulkova; which she won quite easily, after a competitive 1st set).

For her recent mountain training, for the upcoming season, Petra said she works out from early morning till dusk, till her bodies tired and she falls asleep. Petra added "But I like it". Hey! That should tell us something right there. Lol

These are the things that people who don't follow Petra closely, seldom hear or know about. Hell. Many Petra fans, don't know/realize her training regimen and the idiosyncrasies of her tennis game and matches. Lol
Old Dec 18th, 2011, 11:04 PM   #750
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

I think the tummy thing is overblown. Check the pictures (copyproof) from today's match, especially #5 and #6.
She looks in great shape and I can't see any "spare tyre". Long arms & legs, slim body and a wealth of talent. Plus, mentally strong.
We're looking at a future multi-slam champ, JMHO.

http://sport.idnes.cz/foto.aspx?r=te...01_2313150.jpg
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote