Photos of Petra Kvitova - Page 139 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 20th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #2071
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Photos of Petra Kvitova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Unfortunately Petra's too polite, self conscious, scared and/or lazy, to incorporate Martina in any regular--official or unofficial capacity, despite Martina's wishes and polite protest of Petra's various/continued snubs of her.

Reasons why?: I think Petra may be afraid to disappoint Martina--if they worked in an unofficial capacity. And I think she may feel afraid to live up to Martina's high standards (whatever those would be), if they worked more closely together in an official or even semi-official capacity. Petra's seems like that type.

Of course, Petra may do this (not reach out to Martina) out of respect for Kotyza. But thats silly/means nothing: Cause she can use Martina in any capacity--including confidant, advisor, life coach, long term/strategic preparation, etc. She doesn't have to be her coach to help. That's why I feel it must be the two top reasons. We already know how relaxed and off beat Petra's training can be, and how Csersonek said she doesn't like top down management style coaches in the past. Petra likes things relaxed.

Hmmmhh. How could you turn down the wisdom, or not want to contact a 18X Singles GS champion and arguably the best player of all time (who wants to work with you)?....You trying to tell me, Martina would offer no advice, perspective, tidbits or insight, that Petra couldn't find useful or inspiring? So Silly.

Nonetheless, nice pic above at Istanbul.

Spot on. Not to mention that right now Martina's advice would be extremely helpful, as she's by far the most successful YEC player of all time (8x champion in singles and 12x in doubles). A true indoor goat.
Petronius is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 20th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #2072
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by paulmara : Oct 21st, 2012 at 06:28 PM.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 09:44 PM   #2073
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

The perspective on that photo is all , probably just me though.

Good post, though, Excelsior. You're always so insightful...seriously it's like reading someone's high-quality analysis...I can see how one (i.e., Petra) might be scared off/self conscious around such a champion.
petra

maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #2074
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Spot on. Not to mention that right now Martina's advice would be extremely helpful, as she's by far the most successful YEC player of all time (8x champion in singles and 12x in doubles). A true indoor goat.
I agreed. I don't know what Petra is waiting for or maybe Martina has other things to do

Do you know how often Martina travels to the Czech Republic?
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 12:40 PM   #2075
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post

Not very often I think, especially after her mother died in 2007. On the other hand, she got her Czech passport back in 2008 and there's still a chance that she'll open a tennis academy here one day. With Martina you never know.
Petronius is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 02:24 PM   #2076
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Not very often I think, especially after her mother died in 2007. On the other hand, she got her Czech passport back in 2008 and there's still a chance that she'll open a tennis academy here one day. With Martina you never know.
Sh just twitted this yesterday, so maybe
@Martina: Anyway- going to sleep,am in Czech republic and it's late- later everybody
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 02:25 PM   #2077
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agreed. I don't know what Petra is waiting for or maybe Martina has other things to do

You/She ever heard of E-mail, text, Laptop/Internet and cell phone?

That's how you start the communication process. And that's how most of these athletes and tennis players conduct many of their communication when they're busy or on the road.

After that, if or when they need to meet, so be it. Lendl and Murray, have got that routine worked out already. And look at the results it's done for him?

But forget actually coaching for a second (which you can still use a Lap Top with--to analyze or critique a players game). Surely for Life lessons, mental preparation, confidence, re-assuring words, etc., Petra could start that process on the phone, text or e-mail. No?
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 02:33 PM   #2078
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Istanbul: Last Minute Preparations

btw, YEC draw would be released in half an hour
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 02:34 PM   #2079
country flag steni

I already made the suggestion to Petra on twitter that they (Petra and Martina) should work together lol
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 02:47 PM   #2080
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by netphobia View Post
The perspective on that photo is all , probably just me though.

Good post, though, Excelsior. You're always so insightful...seriously it's like reading someone's high-quality analysis...I can see how one (i.e., Petra) might be scared off/self conscious around such a champion.
Thanks.

Yeah, I say that, cause Martina has commented about it more than once on Tennis Channel. It seemed like a polite, but firm plea.

So that tells me, Petra is reluctant--for one of those reasons mentioned. It has to be.

And from what we know of Petra's personality, it does seem like she wouldn't want to disappoint Martina, if they had a strictly mentor to men-tee relationship. Petra can BS or let down Kotyza. But to do that to Martina, would be a whole nother kettle of fish and probably be too much. Who would want to do that to a Czech Legend? Lol.

And from what we know of Petra's training regimen, they may be frightened of bringing Martina in tactically (with her perceived high standards). But like anything else in life (especially when you're still involved with the sport as a commentator), you grow with the times. I think Martina would be much more helpful and insightful with Petra, than she could ever believe. Giver her a try. Feel it/her out. Take baby steps Petra.

I know Martina's known as a tough woman. But I'm sure she's grown with the times. And even if she wasn't, would that actually be so bad? Maybe Petra needs that balance, between a Kotyza and a Martina (if she lived up to her reputation). This way, Petra could work on that ROS, Serve, slice or Volley drill, till she got it absolutely perfect, against all conditions, players and environments?

I think it's a major fail by Petra and her team. Who wouldn't want the knowledge, insight, analysis, motivation and reassuring confidence ALONE, that one of the absolute greatest of all time (especially when many facets of her game and history mirrors yours) can give you. Any tennis/tactical stuff, would just be a bonus (if they'd even want/need it).
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 03:03 PM   #2081
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
As I said earlier, Major Fail by Petra and her team.

They could start this process out, simply as Mentor to Men tee type relationship--with Petra texting or e-mailing Martina about various things or questions. Martina has already encouraged communication from Petra.

So who wouldn't' want to chat with, maybe the greatest tennis player of all time, who's game and history mirrors yours in so many areas (serve, volley, Grass, indoor, faster surfaces, moved forward, both Czech, both overweight when they came on tour, mental/competitive/Consistency issues, etc.).? And yes, she also happens to be the All Time Greatest YEC winner as well. So much in common.

An absolutely major fail, and really no excuse for Petra and her team, if they claim she wants to get better and win more majors (when Martina has already offered her help, encouragement and communication to her).

And it's not like she couldn't use it, dealing with her transition from relative nobody, to Grand Slam winner and contender, almost overnight.
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 03:32 PM   #2082
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
I already made the suggestion to Petra on twitter that they (Petra and Martina) should work together lol
I don't think Petra and her team will respond well to that suggestion, if she's not even communicating with her enough (unless that's changed) already.

It's funny, a lot of time very good young players are reluctant to seek out any type of help or advice from previous greats. I know it seems weird, but it happens way too often in sports.

On the other hand, you do have many other smart, outgoing, great young players--WHO DO SEEK the counsel, advice and ear of the greats that preceded them. There are many of those as well. Unfortunately, Petra and her team, appear to fall into the FORMER and not the LATTER group (until they're desperate or something of course).

I think a better way of maybe tweeting Petra would be, "Petra how often do you talk to Martina about your game, goals, aspirations, preparation, pressure, etc.?". "She's been there before you know. And she's also encouraged you to contact her, when you feel like it. Hmmmh."

Was that 160 characters? Lol.

Unfortunately, I think TELLING them to do something--in an OFFICIAL capacity--especially, will not work with this group.
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 03:44 PM   #2083
country flag Excelscior

@Steni

Come to think of it--Steni: Martina would be the better one to tweet (or in addition). Lol.

Even if Nav's didn't answer you directly (out of respect for Petra and her own embarrassment if Petra slights her again); it may encourage/remind Martina to contact Petra, and maybe open up the lines of communication/door again?

This is really the craziest thing. An all time great--from your country, that you have so much in common with--in so many ways, who you claim to be your idol--that likes you: But you're afraid to contact her, when she openly encourages it, after you hit the big time-- while appearing to have adjustment issues, and you don't contact her for insight.

Old Oct 21st, 2012, 03:53 PM   #2084
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Petra looks great

ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 03:54 PM   #2085
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post

Reasons why?: I think Petra may be afraid to disappoint Martina--if they worked in an unofficial capacity. And I think she may feel afraid to live up to Martina's high standards (whatever those would be), if they worked more closely together in an official or even semi-official capacity.
I hadn't thought along those lines before but now that you mention it . yeah . I could see that. And what if things didn't work out well? Navratilova seems like someone with very strong opinions. A little friction could develop into them having a less cordial relationship. So maybe Kvitova and her team do know what they're doing. It's so easy for those outside (meaning all of us posting here) to think we know what she should or should not do. In some cases . sure there's some validity. In most cases - not so much.