Photos of Petra Kvitova - Page 127 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 08:46 AM   #1891
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Photos of Petra Kvitova

paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 5th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #1892
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Petra Kvitova ‏@Petra_Kvitova
Ahoj! Back home already and saw my lovely niece and family yesterday. Nothing better than time with family after a long trip

Old Sep 5th, 2012, 07:12 PM   #1893
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
Petra Kvitova ‏@Petra_Kvitova
Ahoj! Back home already and saw my lovely niece and family yesterday. Nothing better than time with family after a long trip

Awww Auntie Petra... Lovely!
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #1894
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
Awww Auntie Petra... Lovely!
Lovely picture indeed.

But you read what Petra said (about loving to be home again)?

Despite our duplicitous plans, she'll never leave the Czech Republic now (I understand it's warm/not cold at the moment guys).
Excelscior is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 09:12 PM   #1895
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Lovely picture indeed.

But you read what Petra said (about loving to be home again)?

Despite our duplicitous plans, she'll never leave the Czech Republic now (I understand it's warm/not cold at the moment guys).
Yup the weather's great now, it's late summer. The weather starts to be cold in early November.

As for Petra's relocation from the CZ, it's going to be interesting. Keep in mind that the main reason for the departure of Navratilova, Lendl and Hingis (the best three products of the Czech tennis system) was that Czechoslovakia was not a free country. For example, in an interview for a Czech magazine Hingis' mother said that she would have never left for Switzerland, had she known that the country would be free soon. She had very tough beginnings in Switzerland, I think she once also worked as a cleaning woman...

That said, even if the Czech Republic is now a free and safe country, moving to a warmer climate could help her.

For example, "it is believed that a contributing factor to Lendl's run of eight successive US Open finals and long record of success at that tournament was that he hired the same workers who laid the hardcourt surfaces at Flushing Meadows each year to install an exact copy in the grounds of his home in Greenwich, Connecticut."

I also think that her regular Turkey camp kind of satisfies the need for moving to and training in warm climate.

We'll see.
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 09:31 PM   #1896
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Yup the weather's great now, it's late summer. The weather starts to be cold in early November.

As for Petra's relocation from the CZ, it's going to be interesting. Keep in mind that the main reason for the departure of Navratilova, Lendl and Hingis (the best three products of the Czech tennis system) was that Czechoslovakia was not a free country. For example, in an interview for a Czech magazine Hingis' mother said that she would have never left for Switzerland, had she known that the country would be free soon. She had very tough beginnings in Switzerland, I think she once also worked as a cleaning woman...

That said, even if the Czech Republic is now a free and safe country, moving to a warmer climate could help her.

For example, "it is believed that a contributing factor to Lendl's run of eight successive US Open finals and long record of success at that tournament was that he hired the same workers who laid the hardcourt surfaces at Flushing Meadows each year to install an exact copy in the grounds of his home in Greenwich, Connecticut."

I also think that her regular Turkey camp kind of satisfies the need for moving to and training in warm climate.

We'll see.
I thought she trained in Tatras Mountains in Slovakia (though I do remember her having a training in Turkey as well)? And I remember in the Tatras, they were dressed warm (probably for nice, cool mountain air).

So you're saying Connecticut is warmer than the Czech Republic (sorry for my ignorance)?

I had heard that story to about his tennis courts. Funny, Lendl is one of the few Tennis players that I heard, that lived in a relative northern latitude (outside NYC) while still active. Now of course, he could of had a vacation home in Fla.

Most of these Tennis players that claim their German, English, Russian, Serbian, or where ever, live in warm weather climates. I'll give you a few.

Andy Murray-Florida
Masha-Florida
Lisicki-Florida
Jankovic-San Diego
Federer-Monaco or Dubai
Wozniaki-Monaco
Azarenka-Monaco and Florida
Berdych-Monaco

The list goes on and on.

Of course some of these players live in these places year round, off season. But even if Federer or Murray spend time in England and Switzerland, their sure as hell aren't staying there during the winter, if they don't need to.

Petra doesn't have to leave, if she love the Czech Republic so much. She and her team just have to be much smarter with how she spends her time, especially when it's cold or if they think about her training in the Czech Republic (could be cold, Prostojev is indoors). That's all.

Last edited by Excelscior : Sep 5th, 2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 02:52 PM   #1897
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Murray live in Florida? Are you sure? Haven't seen that mentioned anywhere? A quick Google-ing offers "Andy lives with his girlfriend Kim Sears in a £5 million mansion, a 20-minute drive into Surrey from Wimbledon."
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 03:27 PM   #1898
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
Murray live in Florida? Are you sure? Haven't seen that mentioned anywhere? A quick Google-ing offers "Andy lives with his girlfriend Kim Sears in a £5 million mansion, a 20-minute drive into Surrey from Wimbledon."
If he doesn't live there, he certainly trains there (especially since being with Lendl), cause that's where they expressly said he was living/training during his matches on ESPN.

And remember, Darren Cahill knows Murray Well (and so does B. Gilbert for that matter), cause they both used to coach him.

Cahill, actually handed off Murray to Lendl, at his suggestion.

Last edited by Excelscior : Sep 6th, 2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 05:31 PM   #1899
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I thought she trained in Tatras Mountains in Slovakia (though I do remember her having a training in Turkey as well)? And I remember in the Tatras, they were dressed warm (probably for nice, cool mountain air).

So you're saying Connecticut is warmer than the Czech Republic (sorry for my ignorance)?

I had heard that story to about his tennis courts. Funny, Lendl is one of the few Tennis players that I heard, that lived in a relative northern latitude (outside NYC) while still active. Now of course, he could of had a vacation home in Fla.

Most of these Tennis players that claim their German, English, Russian, Serbian, or where ever, live in warm weather climates. I'll give you a few.

Andy Murray-Florida
Masha-Florida
Lisicki-Florida
Jankovic-San Diego
Federer-Monaco or Dubai
Wozniaki-Monaco
Azarenka-Monaco and Florida
Berdych-Monaco

The list goes on and on.

Of course some of these players live in these places year round, off season. But even if Federer or Murray spend time in England and Switzerland, their sure as hell aren't staying there during the winter, if they don't need to.

Petra doesn't have to leave, if she love the Czech Republic so much. She and her team just have to be much smarter with how she spends her time, especially when it's cold or if they think about her training in the Czech Republic (could be cold, Prostojev is indoors). That's all.
Yep, in the offseason (Nov/Dec) she practices in the Slovak mountains (pretty high altitude - the highest peak is about 2,700 metres) and yeah it's cold and lots of snow. So it would make sense to move elsewhere, but as this is mainly fitness training (no or little tennis) the fresh mountain air can be actually beneficial, unless the player catches cold of course.

Using again a Hingis example, in December 1997 she took part in the 'silly' Czech league final (played indoors of course) and in January 1998 she won her second Australian Open
Wozniacki participated in this indoor event in 2010 and then held the No.1 ranking for the entire 2011.

My point is that top players are on the road for a big part of the year and they frequently practice in foreign countries with warm climate anyway, because the tournaments are held there.

BTW, do you think that Serena and Venus had to practice like crazy on a grass court in a London-esque climate to win their 10 Wimbledons? Of course not, it's just that their game translates well to grass.

On the other hand, if Petra (or her team) feels that spending more time abroad will help her when the weather is severe in her native country, she will probably do it. Unless the player wants to spend time with her family after the long season.
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #1900
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Yep, in the offseason (Nov/Dec) she practices in the Slovak mountains (pretty high altitude - the highest peak is about 2,700 metres) and yeah it's cold and lots of snow. So it would make sense to move elsewhere, but as this is mainly fitness training (no or little tennis) the fresh mountain air can be actually beneficial, unless the player catches cold of course.

Using again a Hingis example, in December 1997 she took part in the 'silly' Czech league final (played indoors of course) and in January 1998 she won her second Australian Open
Wozniacki participated in this indoor event in 2010 and then held the No.1 ranking for the entire 2011.

My point is that top players are on the road for a big part of the year and they frequently practice in foreign countries with warm climate anyway, because the tournaments are held there.

BTW, do you think that Serena and Venus had to practice like crazy on a grass court in a London-esque climate to win their 10 Wimbledons? Of course not, it's just that their game translates well to grass.

On the other hand, if Petra (or her team) feels that spending more time abroad will help her when the weather is severe in her native country, she will probably do it. Unless the player wants to spend time with her family after the long season.
This is self explanatory Petronius.

It's obvious most tennis tournaments (unless it's indoors) take place when the weather is already decent.

As far as Venus and Serena at Wimbledon, most players DO participate at Eastbourne, another English tournament that escapes me and Germany. Some practice on site (though you never hear about it), at the tournament grounds. I can promise you they wouldn't be practicing on a Grass Court in the US, for Wimbledon.

Plus, we're talking about what they do during breaks in the Tennis season, and the off season, particularly when it's cold.

And Congratulations on Berdych. I watched the match and was rooting for him! He deserves it.
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 01:47 PM   #1901
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If he doesn't live there, he certainly trains there (especially since being with Lendl), cause that's where they expressly said he was living/training during his matches on ESPN
Not living there. They do some training stints there - like before the AO - but it's not a permanent thing.
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 02:30 PM   #1902
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

Birmingham is the other grass warmup in England besides Eastbourne.
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 01:45 AM   #1903
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticMoose View Post

Dee, Katie Spellman - Petra’s PR manager contacted me & wanted me to pass on this message to you from Petra :

"Here is a specially selected soundtrack for you and like minded others to play & listen to while perusing those favourite photos in those strappy numbers that you love"

Also here from Petra is your very own mascot called ‘juggsy’ for you and like-minded others to adopt & enjoy :

PS: Steni & TA84 etal may have something to say about the above Petra messages to you ….
Omg really

Thanks
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 03:07 AM   #1904
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

@ Paulmara
Any news from Petra?
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #1905
country flag paulmara

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
@ Paulmara
Any news from Petra?
Petra Kvitova ‏@Petra_Kvitova 2h
Congrats on Grand Slam No.15 @serenawilliams - you are pushing all of us to work harder and harder. Back to practice for me today