Photos of Petra Kvitova - Page 108 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 26th, 2012, 09:08 PM   #1606
country flag Sean.
Look who's back!

Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Photos of Petra Kvitova

Wimbledon, vs. Amanmuradova

Signatures:

If you want them resized, or have any requests or comments, I'm happy to here them.

Vera Zvonareva * Ana Ivanović * Li Na * Laura Robson ......
Sean. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 26th, 2012, 09:40 PM   #1607
country flag Kismet

Kismet is a name known to all Kismet is a name known to all Kismet is a name known to all Kismet is a name known to all Kismet is a name known to all Kismet is a name known to all Kismet is a name known to all Kismet is a name known to all Kismet is a name known to all Kismet is a name known to all Kismet is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean. View Post

Love these!

kim. venus. justine. amélie. elena.
the idler wheel is wiser than the driver of the screw, and whipping cords will serve you more than ropes will ever do.
Kismet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 12:58 PM   #1608
country flag ArcticMoose

ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean. View Post

Signatures:

If you want them resized, or have any requests or comments, I'm happy to here them.
Great Signatures Sean - Keep them coming! - A nice addition to Petra's Subforum
ArcticMoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #1609
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #1610
country flag ArcticMoose

ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
Kotyza & Ivanko far too relaxed for my liking – almost appear to be on vacation – This poor girl is defending a Grand Slam! – For goodness sake these two clowns should get their act together!
ArcticMoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #1611
country flag Kismet

Kismet is a name known to all Kismet is a name known to all Kismet is a name known to all Kismet is a name known to all Kismet is a name known to all Kismet is a name known to all Kismet is a name known to all Kismet is a name known to all Kismet is a name known to all Kismet is a name known to all Kismet is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticMoose View Post
Kotyza & Ivanko far too relaxed for my liking – almost appear to be on vacation – This poor girl is defending a Grand Slam! – For goodness sake these two clowns should get their act together!
That was my first reaction as well, but on the other hand, they may also want to be as stress-free as possible.

the idler wheel is wiser than the driver of the screw, and whipping cords will serve you more than ropes will ever do.
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #1612
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How do we know they weren't taking breaks during these photos?

Maybe the fans or photographer wanted a certain pleasant look in the pictures?

Plus, I don't think Petra played as poorly as some of us want to think (cause she didn't put out the outright smack down in her first match, overall or from gitty up). But she did play better than we think, and only got broken 1 time, though she spent most of the match trying to find her first serve (not that Akgu's the best returner, but you kow what I mean, lol).

Fair not. I think her serves, hopefully her returns, and her shot making will improved tomorrow, now that she's got a first match under her belt.

If this does happen, we should see more consistent, easy points, slices, drop shots, mid court shots and volleys leading to winners and forced errors from her opponent, giving Petra a better feel.

Note: Contrary to what some of us say, Koytza has added things to Petra's game the past year (more topspin, chip back hand and forehand ROS, slice forehand). I think Petra just needs time to put all this together, along with better mental approach, less injuries/time off and more confidence (based off of past matches this year, not Wimby, which remains to be seen, of course). For example, I was impressed that she chose to use her chip back hand return in her first match, instead of trying to blast winners from the corners.
Excelscior is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 08:01 PM   #1613
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For goodness sake these two clowns should get their act together!

BTW, I'm pretty satisfied with this team. Actually the world's two best tennis players of 2011 - Petra and Djoker - have Czechoslovak coaches.
I think they deserve at least a few seconds to relax
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 09:36 PM   #1614
country flag TennisAddict84

TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold

So her Wimbledon outfit is different than what was reported before. Still like it though. The turquoise detailing is very nice
TennisAddict84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2012, 10:26 PM   #1615
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
How do we know they weren't taking breaks during these photos?

Maybe the fans or photographer wanted a certain pleasant look in the pictures?

Plus, I don't think Petra played as poorly as some of us want to think (cause she didn't put out the outright smack down in her first match, overall or from gitty up). But she did play better than we think, and only got broken 1 time, though she spent most of the match trying to find her first serve (not that Akgu's the best returner, but you kow what I mean, lol).

Fair not. I think her serves, hopefully her returns, and her shot making will improved tomorrow, now that she's got a first match under her belt.

If this does happen, we should see more consistent, easy points, slices, drop shots, mid court shots and volleys leading to winners and forced errors from her opponent, giving Petra a better feel.

Note: Contrary to what some of us say, Koytza has added things to Petra's game the past year (more topspin, chip back hand and forehand ROS, slice forehand). I think Petra just needs time to put all this together, along with better mental approach, less injuries/time off and more confidence (based off of past matches this year, not Wimby, which remains to be seen, of course). For example, I was impressed that she chose to use her chip back hand return in her first match, instead of trying to blast winners from the corners.
Thank you, I though I was the only one.
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 01:39 AM   #1616
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

I really think we need to stop it with the calls for Kotyza's or Ivanko's jobs or heads.

It is very clear that they are doing the absolute opposite of Wozniacki's team: they have made Petra add elements to her game incrementally, with the aim of building her into a more complete player long-term. Yes, that has cost her some matches this year, but she will be better for it in the long run. And remember that until she loses at Wimbledon, her first two slams so far this year have been an improvement over any previous AO or RG.

Contrast that with Sharapova, who has repaired her serve and improved her movement, but has not added any new strokes or techniques -- and she has a lot of missing strokes she ought to work on to become a more complete player. Yes, Pova's approach paid off already, but I believe that Kotyza's methods will eventually take Petra to a level far higher than Maria has ever been.
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 01:46 AM   #1617
country flag Kismet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post
I really think we need to stop it with the calls for Kotyza's or Ivanko's jobs or heads.

It is very clear that they are doing the absolute opposite of Wozniacki's team: they have made Petra add elements to her game incrementally, with the aim of building her into a more complete player long-term. Yes, that has cost her some matches this year, but she will be better for it in the long run. And remember that until she loses at Wimbledon, her first two slams so far this year have been an improvement over any previous AO or RG.

Contrast that with Sharapova, who has repaired her serve and improved her movement, but has not added any new strokes or techniques -- and she has a lot of missing strokes she ought to work on to become a more complete player. Yes, Pova's approach paid off already, but I believe that Kotyza's methods will eventually take Petra to a level far higher than Maria has ever been.
Well said.

Old Jun 28th, 2012, 02:59 AM   #1618
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac47 View Post

Agreed.

And though this wasn't the forum to speak about her, don't worry about Sharapova. She'll be another part time temporary champion like Azarenka, till Petra permanently (or for as long it significantly last) assumes her rightful throne. We just have to wait though (regardless of Petra wins Wimby again, The Olympics, Tokyo, Linz and the YEC again).

I know why you hate Pova (besides Petra being more talented and possessing more firepower). Because you feel her strokes are ugly. And though she's improved her movement, she still looks very awkward on the court, with the head rapidly bobbing up and down, and always looking like she's about to topple over, when running forward. Note: I feel Petra moves better on the grass, because she's better prepared for the low balls. And of course Sharapova, has a unattractive standard power baseline game. She doesn't really like to move forward, and lacks real touch and variety (though I'm sure she's working on it, but she's just not as naturally talented and/or learns things as quickly as Petra). And that forehand, is just plain ugly. Lol.

Nonetheless, it's all helping her now. Kudos to her and coach. But don't worry. It won't last long. And yes, Petra will be the prime person to stop Pova (even if Martha's level doesn't drop in the next year or two).

Fear not, young Stream Walker! Lol

Last edited by Excelscior : Jun 28th, 2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 03:46 AM   #1619
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post

I know why you hate Pova (besides Petra being more talented and possessing more firepower). Because you feel her strokes are ugly. And though she's improved her movement, she still looks very awkward on the court, with the head rapidly bobbing up and down, and always looking like she's about to topple over, when running forward. Note: I feel Petra moves better on the grass, because she's better prepared for the low balls. And of course Sharapova, has a unattractive standard power baseline game. She doesn't really like to move forward, and lacks real touch and variety (though I'm sure she's working on it, but she's just as naturally talented and learns things as quickly as Petra). And that forehand, is just plain ugly. Lol.
really?
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 11:39 AM   #1620
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
really?
Actually, I meant "she's not as naturally talented".

Of course she's not, with that ugly form, exaggerated strokes, lack of variety, net phobia and clumsy looking movement (especially after all these years), compared to Petra.

I'll go back and edit it now.

Thanks