2015 Mid-season break - Petra takes time off to regroup and recharge her batteries - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 15th, 2015, 08:23 PM   #1
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of
2015 Mid-season break - Petra takes time off to regroup and recharge her batteries

Hi, guys.

After some time, it's my turn to drive the Kvitty ferrari again. Thanks to knoxy, he's done a good job.

Feel free to correct me or advise me, if you want.

And other Czech Davis Cup and Fed Cup team members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.

Last edited by *Jack* : Mar 6th, 2015 at 01:28 PM.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 15th, 2015, 08:36 PM   #2
country flag aknox

aknox has a reputation beyond repute aknox has a reputation beyond repute aknox has a reputation beyond repute aknox has a reputation beyond repute aknox has a reputation beyond repute aknox has a reputation beyond repute aknox has a reputation beyond repute aknox has a reputation beyond repute aknox has a reputation beyond repute aknox has a reputation beyond repute aknox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2015 Dubai Duty Free - Petra comes back into action in UAE - bye in 1st round

Quote:
Originally Posted by pling View Post
Petra's quarter in Dubai:

[5] A. Radwanska vs. BYE
Garcia vs. Ar. Rodionova
Gajdosova vs. Muguruza
[12] Jankovic vs. Babos

[13] CSN vs. Bye
[PR] Zvonareva vs. Giorgi
Vandeweghe vs. Svitolina
[2] Kvitova vs. BYE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidlo View Post
Svitolina in 2 round? Petra has pretty difficult section of the draw...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypersonic View Post
If she gets good counterpunchers - Svitolina, CSN, Muguruza/Aga, then yes, it would be a tough draw. But if she gets Vandeweghe, Giorgi and Garcia, mostly ballbashers, then not really.
Quote:
Halep - BYE
Barthel - Hantuchova
Pironkova - Koukalova
Vesnina - Peng

Petkovic - BYE
Diyas - Beck
Watson - Kozlova
Makarova - BYE

Wozniacki - BYE
Lucic-Baroni - Stosur
Dabrowski - Buyukakcay
Flipkens - Cornet

Pennetta - Goerges
Wang - Nara
Kanepi - Kuznetsova
Kerber - BYE

V. Williams - BYE
Bencic - Knapp
Siniakova - Dellacqua
Puig - Safarova

Pliskova - Pavlyuchenko
Zahlavova Strycova - Beygelzimer
Lisicki - Niculescu
Ivanovic - BYE

A. Radwanska - BYE
Garcia - Rodionova
Gajdosova - Muguruza
Babos - Jankovic

Suarez Navarro - BYE
Zvonareva - Giorgi
VandeWeghe - Svitolina
Kvitova - BYE
Pojd!
Bez prace nejsou kolace

Pojd! Ajde! Allez up your...! Vamos!?.......

Last edited by aknox : Feb 15th, 2015 at 08:50 PM.
aknox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2015, 08:38 PM   #3
country flag Synth

Synth is a splendid one to behold Synth is a splendid one to behold Synth is a splendid one to behold Synth is a splendid one to behold Synth is a splendid one to behold Synth is a splendid one to behold Synth is a splendid one to behold Synth is a splendid one to behold Synth is a splendid one to behold Synth is a splendid one to behold Synth is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2015 Dubai Duty Free - Petra comes back into action in UAE - bye in 1st round

If Petra's playing well, I don't see any of those opponents as being particularly troubling. If she's not- Svitolina may be a tough 2nd round ask. I'm interested to see if Muguruza can make it to the QF with that section.
Synth is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2015, 11:03 AM   #4
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Dubai R1: Svitolina def Vandeweghe 3:1 ret
Old Feb 16th, 2015, 05:38 PM   #5
country flag pling

pling has a reputation beyond repute pling has a reputation beyond repute pling has a reputation beyond repute pling has a reputation beyond repute pling has a reputation beyond repute pling has a reputation beyond repute pling has a reputation beyond repute pling has a reputation beyond repute pling has a reputation beyond repute pling has a reputation beyond repute pling has a reputation beyond repute

Petra is the first of the evening matches on Centre Court, not before 7pm local time (3pm GMT).

12noon Radwanska vs Garcia
then Lisicki vs Ivanovic
then Wozniacki vs Stosur
NB 7pm Kvitova vs Svitolina
then Halep vs Hantuchova

pling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2015, 08:39 AM   #6
country flag Maidlo

Maidlo is a name known to all Maidlo is a name known to all Maidlo is a name known to all Maidlo is a name known to all Maidlo is a name known to all Maidlo is a name known to all Maidlo is a name known to all Maidlo is a name known to all Maidlo is a name known to all Maidlo is a name known to all Maidlo is a name known to all
Re: 2015 Dubai Duty Free - Petra is playing Svitolina in R2

Lets go Petra !
Maidlo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2015, 04:06 PM   #7
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of
Re: 2015 Dubai Duty Free - Petra woke up after the 1st set and defeated Svitolina in

Congrats to Petra, fist win after a month.

I thought she's going to lose but she realized where she is and what she has to do in the 2nd set and then played good effective tennis to win it in 3.

I hope she'll avoid this kind of mess in the next match.
Quote:
Old Feb 17th, 2015, 04:10 PM   #8
country flag thejuju

thejuju has much to be proud of thejuju has much to be proud of thejuju has much to be proud of thejuju has much to be proud of thejuju has much to be proud of thejuju has much to be proud of thejuju has much to be proud of thejuju has much to be proud of thejuju has much to be proud of thejuju has much to be proud of thejuju has much to be proud of
Re: 2015 Dubai Duty Free - Petra woke up after the 1st set and defeated Svitolina in

Carla .S.Navarro can be a nightmare if she doesn't play well.And to boot, Petra lost to her in the same round, in the same tournament last year
thejuju is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2015, 04:20 PM   #9
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Only if Petra could recover like this in a major!?

If it was the Aussie, or US Open, she may have lost?

Gotta be a mental thing. And this should answer the question of Synth, Tennisaddict 84 (and maybe even The Juju), regarding Petra's ability to make a come back after losing/not playing the first set well. She can, and does. It's just not in the majors much the past several years.

Nonetheless, Petra settled down and focused a bit better (while playing the key points better as well) in the second and third set, and we saw the results.

Let's hope she can improve on this match/last two sets even more?

Svitolina, had nothing that could hurt Petra. So all she had to do was play good tennis, while not letting her opponents personality, and occasional "Get (of a shot)" disapoint her, or get underneath her skin. That's the type of player Svitolina is. She's tries to get underneath your skin and irritate you.

You can say the same for the next opponent (minus the histrionics), Suarez Navarro.

Let's just hope this match made Petra better prepared?
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2015, 04:50 PM   #10
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejuju View Post
Carla .S.Navarro can be a nightmare if she doesn't play well.And to boot, Petra lost to her in the same round, in the same tournament last year
I think she lost to her in the 2nd round last year. Anyway, this is a revenge tournament for Petra so far.
Quote:
Old Feb 17th, 2015, 05:09 PM   #11
country flag pling

pling has a reputation beyond repute pling has a reputation beyond repute pling has a reputation beyond repute pling has a reputation beyond repute pling has a reputation beyond repute pling has a reputation beyond repute pling has a reputation beyond repute pling has a reputation beyond repute pling has a reputation beyond repute pling has a reputation beyond repute pling has a reputation beyond repute

Petra bumped down to court one tomorrow - maybe they were making the schedule when she was losing

12noon Zarina vs Kate
then Flavia vs Angie
then Petra vs Carla
pling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2015, 07:23 PM   #12
country flag hellokvitty

hellokvitty is a name known to all hellokvitty is a name known to all hellokvitty is a name known to all hellokvitty is a name known to all hellokvitty is a name known to all hellokvitty is a name known to all hellokvitty is a name known to all hellokvitty is a name known to all hellokvitty is a name known to all hellokvitty is a name known to all hellokvitty is a name known to all

A win is a win. Get that revenge!
Old Feb 18th, 2015, 01:59 PM   #13
country flag Macu

Macu is a glorious beacon of light Macu is a glorious beacon of light Macu is a glorious beacon of light Macu is a glorious beacon of light Macu is a glorious beacon of light Macu is a glorious beacon of light Macu is a glorious beacon of light Macu is a glorious beacon of light Macu is a glorious beacon of light Macu is a glorious beacon of light Macu is a glorious beacon of light

Petra, Petra.
Macu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2015, 02:31 PM   #14
country flag thejuju

thejuju has much to be proud of thejuju has much to be proud of thejuju has much to be proud of thejuju has much to be proud of thejuju has much to be proud of thejuju has much to be proud of thejuju has much to be proud of thejuju has much to be proud of thejuju has much to be proud of thejuju has much to be proud of thejuju has much to be proud of

Slow court ? No.Faster than any other hard court apparently
Night match ? No. Late afternoon.Perfect time.
Humid ? Not that much to bother
Injury ? No
Tired ? Just second match in a month.
Opponent Goating ? Not at all. Infact struggled to serve it out.

I am struggling to find one reason for this performance . What could it be? I am looking at you Kotyza. SMH
thejuju is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2015, 03:01 PM   #15
country flag aknox

aknox has a reputation beyond repute aknox has a reputation beyond repute aknox has a reputation beyond repute aknox has a reputation beyond repute aknox has a reputation beyond repute aknox has a reputation beyond repute aknox has a reputation beyond repute aknox has a reputation beyond repute aknox has a reputation beyond repute aknox has a reputation beyond repute aknox has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear! Petra, Petra!
Bez prace nejsou kolace

Pojd! Ajde! Allez up your...! Vamos!?.......
aknox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote