Meet Julia Görges vol2 - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 12th, 2011, 08:49 PM   #61
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future
Re: Meet Julia Görges vol2

That sounds great. August will be all about her. Hopefully we'll get to see five matches on TV!
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 12th, 2011, 10:19 PM   #62
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Mk explained it well, it's not really a problem that Julia goes down a little bit in the ranking, she has nothing to defend on the US HC so she just needs one or two good results in the Premiers on the US HC and she'll be in correct position again for the US Open - maybe even better depending on what the other girls do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CillyUltra View Post
http://www.gastein-ladies.at/aktuelles_news_118.php

- one of the worst matches of my career
- very bitter that it happened here
- a black day, where I tried everything but nothing worked
- I was a bit tired bc I had a dental operation last Monday and had to take pills for the inflammation until Thursday
- I felt this tiredness still today
- all in all very disappointing, I will play doubles tomorrow yet
From the other thread - Well it seemed like Julia very much cared, it's really unfortunate that this all had to happen in Bad Gastein such a sentimental tournament for her so I guess she must really be deceived.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 11:20 PM   #63
country flag Skoo

Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future Skoo has a brilliant future

I feel pretty bad (as probably do most of you) and I didn't even see the match. So it must be hell for her, yes I told you that being the no 1 seed and defending champion might get to her. It did on the previous occasions and it did now. She doesn't have the nerves for it.

Does anybody know if she made a request to see her coach?
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2011, 03:40 PM   #64
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Ok I thought about it and here are some things we should do for Julia's player forum to organize it better - I wish we could discuss about it and tell me if you agree or disagree on the different points :

1) We should ask a moderator to stick Julia's "official cheering thread" in the upper section where we can and could talk anything related to or about Julia (...) I think we've been posting anywhere and everywhere sometimes about very very interesting subjects about her or related to her that finds place in her cheering thread and not really in the Livescore(s) ones -- That would also help the visitors and others to have a better view.

We should rename that thread something like "Meet Julia Görges - Cheering thread" or if someone has a better idea.

2) We should perhaps create an official Livescore thread so that we don't have to open one at each and every tournament Julia will play, kind of overloading, no, after a certain amount of events played

3) Howard created Julia's video thread and it's quite an important one so I would also stick it in the upper section and maybe rename it to something like "Julia Görges video thread" or anyways something better.

4) We should create a thread "News and articles" related to her to put everything concerning Julia issued from magazines or any sort of media source.

5) Julia's photo thread is very important (not because I post in it often ) but because it's probably the window of her player forum and mainly where all visitors would go at first so I think it should also be sticked in the upper section with her video and cheering thread.

5) Banditoo opened a Twitter thread it's a very very good idea but I think I would have regrouped it under the newly created "News and articles" thread.

Tell me if you agree or disagree and eventually propose better ideas. Thanks.
Old Jul 19th, 2011, 05:45 PM   #65
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
Ok I thought about it and here are some things we should do for Julia's player forum to organize it better - I wish we could discuss about it and tell me if you agree or disagree on the different points :

1) We should ask a moderator to stick Julia's "official cheering thread" in the upper section where we can and could talk anything related to or about Julia (...) I think we've been posting anywhere and everywhere sometimes about very very interesting subjects about her or related to her that finds place in her cheering thread and not really in the Livescore(s) ones -- That would also help the visitors and others to have a better view.

We should rename that thread something like "Meet Julia Görges - Cheering thread" or if someone has a better idea.

2) We should perhaps create an official Livescore thread so that we don't have to open one at each and every tournament Julia will play, kind of overloading, no, after a certain amount of events played

3) Howard created Julia's video thread and it's quite an important one so I would also stick it in the upper section and maybe rename it to something like "Julia Görges video thread" or anyways something better.

4) We should create a thread "News and articles" related to her to put everything concerning Julia issued from magazines or any sort of media source.

5) Julia's photo thread is very important (not because I post in it often ) but because it's probably the window of her player forum and mainly where all visitors would go at first so I think it should also be sticked in the upper section with her video and cheering thread.

5) Banditoo opened a Twitter thread it's a very very good idea but I think I would have regrouped it under the newly created "News and articles" thread.

Tell me if you agree or disagree and eventually propose better ideas. Thanks.
You`re right. It´s a bit higgledy-piggledy in Julia`s forum, and it should definitely have a better structure.
Your proposals are very good. I just want to admit some little things.
To 1 - The cheering thread should be in upper section.
The statements and discussion concerning her game and her progress could be included in this thread, or even have an own place in a single thread.
To 2 - Definitely agree, there is no need for an own thread at every single tournament, excepted maybe the Grand Slams.
To 3,4,5 - Don`t think that these threads have to be in the upper section, not because they are not important or not watchable, but they are clearly defined, and every visitor knows, what he can find, for example, in Julia`s video thread or in the photo thread. By the way my computer always crashes, when I try to open the video thread, it`s overloaded. Possibly other users, with usual computers have the same problem.
I think it`s important that we have a place about Julia`s statements, so maybe there should be a thread like "Interviews and Twitter".
News, articles about her, writen from others could stay as an own thread.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2011, 06:09 PM   #66
country flag Vikapower

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
You`re right. It´s a bit higgledy-piggledy in Julia`s forum, and it should definitely have a better structure.
Your proposals are very good. I just want to admit some little things.
To 1 - The cheering thread should be in upper section.
The statements and discussion concerning her game and her progress could be included in this thread, or even have an own place in a single thread.
Don't worry, a cheering thread usually regroups all these things. The cheering thread should be to talk about Julia, her game, ranks etc... anything and everything related to her including her progress.

Quote:
To 3,4,5 - Don`t think that these threads have to be in the upper section, not because they are not important or not watchable, but they are clearly defined, and every visitor knows, what he can find, for example, in Julia`s video thread or in the photo thread. By the way my computer always crashes, when I try to open the video thread, it`s overloaded. Possibly other users, with usual computers have the same problem.
Well if we agree that Julia's video thread and picture thread will be sticked in the 1st. box then they will stay as they are as single entities. Their would be no intentions I believe to merge them or something. They would stay defined as they are.

N.B. As for your computer crashes, it's due to the fact that Fleckes made a great job of reuniting all Julia's videos from Youtube and basically they're all on one page and can result into crashes for some of you -- as soon as the thread will take a normal course then your crashes will stop.

Quote:
I think it`s important that we have a place about Julia`s statements, so maybe there should be a thread like "Interviews and Twitter".
News, articles about her, writen from others could stay as an own thread.
Ok, I'm happy you approve this. If you have any other ideas they're welcomed.

I hope to have some other points from everyone and hopefully Cilly, Howard, TO, Micheal, Mk... they're the ones who basically almost created the player forum.
Old Jul 19th, 2011, 08:24 PM   #67
country flag Banditoo

Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to regrouped by Twitter thread on Interviews and Twitter thread I will regrouped it
Banditoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2011, 08:45 PM   #68
country flag Vikapower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banditoo View Post
If you want to regrouped by Twitter thread on Interviews and Twitter thread I will regrouped it
Not yet, we're just discussing the possibility of how to reorganize things.
Old Jul 20th, 2011, 08:36 AM   #69
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yes, it should be in the upper section.

Quote:
Good idea.

Quote:

I don't care if both would be sticked in the upper section or not.

Quote:
Yes, good idea.

Quote:
Maybe
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2011, 11:27 AM   #70
country flag coyets

coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light

I think that:

Twitter should be a separate thread from "News and articles".

If the "News and articles" thread is not only for news and articles but also for everything concerning Julia from any sort of media source, then it ought to be called "Media" instead of "News and articles". On the other hand, since there is a "Pictures" thread and a "Video" thread, perhaps the thread really is just for news and articles, and in this case it would be better to call it "News and articles".

None of the threads we are discussing should be in the upper section, because the cheering thread will always be near the top.

It would have been better if the first postings in the video thread had not had so many videos per posting, but thank you to fleckes for putting them up. Perhaps we should help everyone with a slow computer by all just adding a few postings without videos to this thread so that it reaches a second page sooner.

The "Livescore" thread is a very good idea, but perhaps it should be expanded to general discussion of the current (or upcoming, or recent) tournament.
coyets is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2011, 01:58 PM   #71
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

I really like to see Julia in top 10 but it may take a while.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2011, 03:25 PM   #72
country flag Vikapower

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyets View Post
I think that:

Twitter should be a separate thread from "News and articles".

If the "News and articles" thread is not only for news and articles but also for everything concerning Julia from any sort of media source, then it ought to be called "Media" instead of "News and articles". On the other hand, since there is a "Pictures" thread and a "Video" thread, perhaps the thread really is just for news and articles, and in this case it would be better to call it "News and articles".
THe thing is I have a hard time placing Twitter exactly... it's a very important source of information nowadays and it's basically only where we can have a direct contact with Julia -- ok maybe not talk to her but I mean that it's a source where there is not intermediate or journalist that processes her sayings before publication so it's kind like of a direct contact.

She uses Twitter to say her feelings after a match, to talk about her future tournaments etc... etc... so I think it's really important -- now where do we place that !? That's where I thought of reuniting the 2 because IMO it's as important as her News and articles.

Quote:
None of the threads we are discussing should be in the upper section, because the cheering thread will always be near the top.
Well no not always, especially when we haven't posted in her real cheering thread for long and this is where the confusion comes with the other threads like Bad Gastein where discussions about Julia which should have been in her cheering thread were taking place too. I can understand that if someone who is not accustomed comes, he/she would have a hard time differentiating her normal cheering thread from her live-score one since both are are used for the same purposes.

I watched the general trend on TF and almost all player forums have the most important threads sticked and all what has been esteemed to be not under -- the idea is as soon as you come on the player forum you know where to click and go without having to go through all the threads, reading, clicking and dicing.

Quote:
It would have been better if the first postings in the video thread had not had so many videos per posting, but thank you to fleckes for putting them up. Perhaps we should help everyone with a slow computer by all just adding a few postings without videos to this thread so that it reaches a second page sooner.
Yes, Fleckes did a great job and the only thing we might do to allow some others to access the very first page is distribute the Youtube videos in the thread better and not concentrate all of them like he did on the first page. I haven't seen him for long around but if so I will propose the idea for others comfort.

Quote:
The "Livescore" thread is a very good idea, but perhaps it should be expanded to general discussion of the current (or upcoming, or recent) tournament.
Perhaps but from experience and before Julia had her sub-forum, we had both live-score and cheering thread in the same which resulted in excessive pages to me over 300 in the Meet Julia Görges vol.1. That's why I believe that each thread should have a specific function -- a Livescore thread to me has no other specific functions than enumerating the scores or "discussing" about a match in which Julia is actually engaged.

---

Thanks for taking time to share your opinion, if you have any other ideas then you're welcomed.
Old Jul 20th, 2011, 03:26 PM   #73
country flag Vikapower

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk27 View Post
Yes, it should be in the upper section.

Good idea.

I don't care if both would be sticked in the upper section or not.

Yes, good idea.

Maybe
Thanks Mk at least short and precise.
Old Jul 20th, 2011, 03:50 PM   #74
country flag Banditoo

Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute

We need the schedule thread. This is goood idea for me
If we have Livescore thread that will be good.
`When and why did you become a Goerges fan` thread it will be excellent.
And thread for Jul in doubles competition will be good.
This is from me.
Banditoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2011, 03:56 PM   #75
country flag fleckes

fleckes is a glorious beacon of light fleckes is a glorious beacon of light fleckes is a glorious beacon of light fleckes is a glorious beacon of light fleckes is a glorious beacon of light fleckes is a glorious beacon of light fleckes is a glorious beacon of light fleckes is a glorious beacon of light fleckes is a glorious beacon of light fleckes is a glorious beacon of light fleckes is a glorious beacon of light

All good ideas here. MY take on this:
Cheering Threead in the uppe section? YES
Livescore Thread? Hell YES
Video and Picture Thread in the upper section? Maybe
News and Arcticles Thread? Definately YES
Twitter Thread? The thing is: I think it doesn't fit in the News and Articles Thread. But just a Twitter Thread is maybe a little bit strange, because, because she doesn't say a lot in most of her tweets. Most of the time she twitters pictures of her new nail polish. Not that I don't fin it adoreable, but worthy of a own thread it's not. But of course Twitter shouldn't be left out, so to combine it with Interviews may be a good idea.

To the video thread: I'll edit my postings and I try to stretch out the videos over more postings. Let's see how it goes
fleckes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote