Bodychange in this year - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 13th, 2013, 10:13 AM   #1
country flag WimbleBine

WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of
Bodychange in this year

Because they put away the discussion I start a new message

I say that julia looks super thin on the last photos very different to the photos from the start of the year

Look:

start of year

end of year

start of year

end of year

start of year

end of year

start of year

end of year

start of year

end of year

in the middle

To me she looks very changed

Annika Beck - Nastasja Burnett - Sorana Cirstea - Julia Görges - Ana Ivanovic - Madison Keys
Mandy Minella - Monica Puig - Caroline Wozniacki - Carina Witthöft
WimbleBine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 13th, 2013, 11:37 AM   #2
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bodychange in this year

You are still comparing one specific outfit to other outfits. Just changing her underwear can make her look very different, especially to someone with your focus.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #3
country flag kadiHH

kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all

Ok, I've been withholding my opinion on this topic, but Katja's right: you can't make comparisons in appearance when the conditions (clothing) aren't the same. I think the photos are more a commentary on Fila's outfits rather than Julia's body. And then of course you have the orientation of her poses: shockingly, bending over creates a different effect than standing up straight--who wouldda guessed?

If you are unconvinced about the effect of clothing on a woman's body, WimbleBine, I suggest you do some scientific research: go out and buy a few different kinds of sports bras and athletic tops. Try them on yourself. If you need um, enhancement to get the full effect, stuff with your choice of oranges, grapefruits, or maybe your preference is cantaloupes (remember, organic is best). Videotape yourself from different angles, doing different activities--I suggest jumping rope and running downhill at full speed. If this doesn't convince you of the clothing effect, at least maybe it might change your perspective of things. Oh, and be careful not to bruise your fruit!
kadiHH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2013, 03:52 PM   #4
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadiHH View Post
If you are unconvinced about the effect of clothing on a woman's body, WimbleBine, I suggest you do some scientific research: go out and buy a few different kinds of sports bras and athletic tops. Try them on yourself. If you need um, enhancement to get the full effect, stuff with your choice of oranges, grapefruits, or maybe your preference is cantaloupes (remember, organic is best). Videotape yourself from different angles, doing different activities--I suggest jumping rope and running downhill at full speed. If this doesn't convince you of the clothing effect, at least maybe it might change your perspective of things. Oh, and be careful not to bruise your fruit!
I'd pay to see this.
Old Nov 13th, 2013, 06:26 PM   #5
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadiHH View Post
Ok, I've been withholding my opinion on this topic, but Katja's right: you can't make comparisons in appearance when the conditions (clothing) aren't the same. I think the photos are more a commentary on Fila's outfits rather than Julia's body. And then of course you have the orientation of her poses: shockingly, bending over creates a different effect than standing up straight--who wouldda guessed?

Last edited by RU90 : Nov 14th, 2013 at 10:39 PM.
RU90 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2013, 07:49 PM   #6
country flag Aravanecaravan
The Aravane Caravan

Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute

Forget about the obvious for a second. I don't know what happened to the posts in the picture thread, but disregard the clothes and look at something consistent from pic to pic--her face and especially her arms. Her arms are much thinner in the photos from later in the year, and that is one very definite sign of weight loss. I think her face is also a litter thinner too. Not unhealthy, but she definitely lost weight.

A professional athlete needs to be "fit" but one playing a sport like tennis where power is needed to be even nominally competitive depends on muscle, and when you are losing weight, the first thing to go, believe it or not, is muscle. It's alarming seeing players getting skinnier all the time.

Garbiñe Muguruza * Julia Goerges * Heidi El Tabakh * Sania Mirza * Louisa Chirico * Tamira Paszek

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
Aravanecaravan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2013, 08:18 PM   #7
country flag KatjaS

But you always have to take movement into account as well (see those two-handed backhand pictures people always use when they're looking for pictures that make players look "ugly"). In the very first picture her arm does look much bigger, but she is fistpumping with her forearm almost parallel to her upper arm, that's always going to make it look much bigger. In the second to last picture her arm also looks bigger than in the others, because she has it in a similar position.

For a really good comparison you'd need to find almost identical pictures, otherwise it will always be hard to tell I think.
Old Nov 13th, 2013, 11:04 PM   #8
country flag kadiHH

kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all

I think it's hard to compare photos for the same reason as clothing: so many variables. Different angles, different distances, positioning, lighting, resolution, etc.
kadiHH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2013, 11:17 PM   #9
country flag KatjaS

Yeah, it's always fishing in muddy waters. But I don't think that there is blatantly obvious difference to the way she looks.
Old Nov 14th, 2013, 05:51 PM   #10
The Aravane Caravan

Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute

Those aren't really the best shots or the ones I was looking at. There are alot of others in the photo thread. Look at the photos in post 4351 in the photo thread and tell me she is not much lighter there than in Miami 2013. Try looking at her muscle tone and the "tightness" in her upper arms only. Even the areas in her shoulders and upper torso are very bony looking in these photos.

It's easy to pass something off as a "non issue" because of things like "camera angles", "resolution", "lighting", motion, whatever, if that is the point one is angling to make, but in the age of hi res digital photography, IMO that is not an issue. There is also plenty of video about, so it is not difficult to get a comparison if one is inclined.

Garbiñe Muguruza * Julia Goerges * Heidi El Tabakh * Sania Mirza * Louisa Chirico * Tamira Paszek

Old Nov 14th, 2013, 06:10 PM   #11
country flag KatjaS

You mean this picture, right:

I tried to find a picture that comes somewhat close to this situation from the beginning of the year:

Old Nov 14th, 2013, 07:12 PM   #12
The Aravane Caravan

I think there's less muscle on her frame.

Old Nov 14th, 2013, 10:43 PM   #13
country flag KatjaS

I don't really see a major change, to be honest.
Old Nov 15th, 2013, 02:25 PM   #14
country flag venusinfurs
Fan of shotmakers

venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold venusinfurs is a splendid one to behold

i don't see much of a change really, if there is its very slight, she hasn't became sickly skinny like some other players have... Ana and Woz for example.

KVITOVA LI NA
LISICKI BOUCHARD HALEP
VOEGELE GOERGES
venusinfurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote