Kvitova vs Vaidisova: Who is greater? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who has currently had the greater career?

Kvitova 112 72.73%
Vaidisova 42 27.27%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jun 29th, 2011, 03:43 PM   #31
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kvitova vs Vaidisova: Who is greater?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scola View Post
No comparison here. Vaidisova was by far one of the worst players ever to reach Top 1O or GS semifinal. It's like ask if Navratilova was greater than Novotna.
yeah sure, it's exactly the same.

Beat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 29th, 2011, 04:36 PM   #32
country flag Joana

Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute Joana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_gunner913 View Post
Kvitova easily. Vaidisova is one of the most overrated players on this forum. She's about as overrated as Golovin was.
Truer words have never been spoken. And it will only get worse as the time goes by and people lose perspective, in a few years we'll read how those two would have been the equivalent of Martina and Chris.
Joana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 04:46 PM   #33
country flag Chunchun
Team WTAworld

Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute Chunchun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldddfish View Post
So Sam Stosur is a lesser player than Vaidisova cause she entered top 10 being 26?

Kvitova is far better player in terms of game and in terms of achievements. You must be nuts even to bother trying to compare Nicole's MM titles to Kvitova's Madrid and Paris.
Nicole showed potential at 17 yo. Where is Kvitova at 17? and Nicole's MM titles are from an era when Williamses, Sharapova and Belgians at the top, while Kvitova's from an era when MJMS and Rezai are Clay Tier I winners. It just happen to be pathetic that she end her career younger then when Kvitova raises to top.
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 04:51 PM   #34
country flag BartoLiNa

BartoLiNa has a reputation beyond repute BartoLiNa has a reputation beyond repute BartoLiNa has a reputation beyond repute BartoLiNa has a reputation beyond repute BartoLiNa has a reputation beyond repute BartoLiNa has a reputation beyond repute BartoLiNa has a reputation beyond repute BartoLiNa has a reputation beyond repute BartoLiNa has a reputation beyond repute BartoLiNa has a reputation beyond repute BartoLiNa has a reputation beyond repute

Kvitova, but it's hardly a big achievement.
BartoLiNa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 04:54 PM   #35
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunchun View Post
Nicole showed potential at 17 yo. Where is Kvitova at 17? and Nicole's MM titles are from an era when Williamses, Sharapova and Belgians at the top, while Kvitova's from an era when MJMS and Rezai are Clay Tier I winners. It just happen to be pathetic that she end her career younger then when Kvitova raises to top.
Vaidisova never even made a tier 2 final. You can talk about the different era but Linz 2007 was there for the taking and she lost to Hantuchova, and she was the top seed at a clay tier 1 event and lost to Krajicek in the first round that same year, so your argument doesn't really wash.

Zvonareva Kleybanova Mattek-Sands

Niculescu Lisicki Razzano Koukalova Errani

Baltacha (RIP) Robson Watson Gent Konta and the rest of the Brits
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 04:57 PM   #36
country flag Leelee.

Leelee. is a name known to all Leelee. is a name known to all Leelee. is a name known to all Leelee. is a name known to all Leelee. is a name known to all Leelee. is a name known to all Leelee. is a name known to all Leelee. is a name known to all Leelee. is a name known to all Leelee. is a name known to all Leelee. is a name known to all

Kvitty will endure the same fate as Nikki, and it's all Corswandt's fault.
Leelee. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 06:21 PM   #37
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelee. View Post
Kvitty will endure the same fate as Nikki, and it's all Corswandt's fault.
What a mean thing to say.

But nah.

Nicoletta never really seemed to enjoy either the brutishness of the pro tennis player lifestyle or the pressure of big matches (at least once she realised that she wasn't a born competitor), so it wasn't entirely surprising that things went the way they did.

Kvitova is a cypher so far because she doesn't speak enough English to hold any sort of actual conversation.
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 06:25 PM   #38
country flag Mynarco
INAZUMA

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corswandt View Post
Kvitova is a cypher so far because she doesn't speak enough English to hold any sort of actual conversation.

Suicide: 08 Montreal 08 Stuttgart 09 USO 11 Eastbourne Stanford 13 Sydney Highest ranked #03
Tennis Tipping: 09 Cincy D 10 Brisbane D Copenhagen SD 11 Palermo D Beijing S 12 Pattaya S Stuttgart Baku D 13 Palermo D 14 Monterrey D(SCHR: 17 DCHR: 10)
Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 07:51 PM   #39
country flag VIKA?

VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute

Vaidisova By Far.
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 07:59 PM   #40
country flag Solitaire

Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute Solitaire has a reputation beyond repute

This is a bit unfair to Nik since she never finished her career. I do feel Petra has more raw talent and that leftyness is a big bonus. Who knows that Nik would have achieved if she'd stay in the game.
The woods are hopeless. Don't waste your time, they will be destroyed. So will the marsh. It is a losing game mankind has played for more than a century. Sadness is what you are, do not deny it. The universe is a lonely place, a painful place. This is what we can share between us, period.
Solitaire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 09:06 PM   #41
country flag Halepsova

Halepsova has disabled reputation

Nicole will come back and teach Kvitova who's the boss.
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 11:19 PM   #42
country flag RobinT83

RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of RobinT83 has much to be proud of

Vaidisova, easily.
RobinT83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 05:47 AM   #43
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunchun View Post
Nicole's MM titles are from an era when Williamses, Sharapova and Belgians at the top
I don't think the Williams and the Belgians give a damn on MM events.
ElusiveChanteuse is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 06:17 AM   #44
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Angel View Post
I don't think the Williams and the Belgians give a damn on MM events.
That's the point. Nicole couldn't win anything else as the Big Four was killing it in the Slams.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 06:45 AM   #45
country flag eDonkey

eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute eDonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggly View Post
That's the point. Nicole couldn't win anything else as the Big Four was killing it in the Slams.
Yah, like she was ever going to win one.

Nicole is 1-11 against the Williams and the Belgians - which is not that bad considering she had 3 years at comparatively top level.But big titles are always big titles - she never really had a semi (outside the two Slams semis).Kvitova already has 2 slam semis.

Vesnina.Niculescu.Falconi.Voskoboeva.Paszek.Shvedo va.Voegele
TennisTipping.Singles(#16|06.08.2012) ITF Fukuoka, Roland Garros|RU ITF Cali
TennisTipping.Doubles(#82|09.04.2012) ITF Casablanca (w/diego36arg), ITF Cagnes-Sur-Mer (w/Frederik), 2010 Osaka (w/CapriatiRules)
eDonkey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote