Sorana's summer season - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 13th, 2011, 06:31 AM   #31
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sorana's summer season

At least it's a win. Good luck to Sorana in the second round.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 13th, 2011, 03:53 PM   #32
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Palermo, R2: (6)Tsvetana Pironkova def. Sorana Cîrstea 2-6 6-1 6-1

2009 Sorana with more than 50% first serves just lasted for one set, then she switched with slumping Sori again...
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2011, 07:44 PM   #33
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post

2009 Sorana with more than 50% first serves just lasted for one set, then she switched with slumping Sori again...

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI
Sasja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 01:34 PM   #34
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post

It's true that her first serve percentage dropped a little- from 58% in the first set to 44% in the second and 47% in the third, but the real killer was the amount she was winning behind her serves.

In the first set she was winning 74% of her serving points (73% behind first serve, 75% behind second serve) while in the second set she won only 33% of serving points (33% behind both first and second serve). And in the third set she wasn't much better, winning only 47% of serving points (38% behind first serve, 56% behind second serve).

Overall she won less behind her first serve (48%) than behind her second serve (50%). Pironkova was not doing particularly well behind second serve (46%, worse than Sori) but she won a respectable amount behind the first serve (68%).

Naturally, you would also like to get a decent first serve percentage (I always suggest 55-60% as an okay target) but in Sorana's case sometimes she doesn't win points even when she gets the first serve in.

It's hard to tell how much of this is due to the serve itself and how much is due to Sori's poor following-up of the serve. Normally, to win a good amount of points behind the first serve you need to either get free points (not really a wta thing unless you're a way above average server) or at least gain a slight advantage and use the serve to start an attack or stay in charge of a point. Clearly, Sorana is not doing well when she tries to use attacking combinations like the 1-2 punch etc. Without seeing it I think when she loses a bit of rhythm (which happens most of the time nowadays) every time she tries to attack she mistimes the ball.

I would guess that in the first set Pironkova was pretty bad, and Sorana's aggressive shots were going in a litt e more than usual for her these days. Either that or Tsveti was missing a lot of returns and not giving Sori a chance to make errors.

Last edited by HowardH : Jul 14th, 2011 at 01:40 PM.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 04:02 PM   #35
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
sorana_cirstea Sorana Cirstea
Just came through my mind...why are cows fat if they only eat grass??
4 hours ago
Her tweets are arising a lot of rumours on GM
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 02:12 AM   #36
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Sori
Seriously I'm giving up hope
She never was consistent and 2009 was such an up and down year, but she was able to have some good tournaments (RG, Wimbledon, US Open, Marbella, Los Angeles, etc.), but this year her only tournament that can compare to those was RG

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 02:13 AM   #37
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

And she lost the doubles R1 (with Klepac) to Mircic/Thorpe. Beyond Pathetic.

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 08:07 AM   #38
country flag Curcubeu

Next tournament is the 100k in Bucharest. Maybe she can pull another Cagnes-sur-mer in front of her home crowd!
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 01:15 PM   #39
country flag Villaran

Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all

Curcubeu do you can give to me the website of that tournament? And the web where say all the tournaments?
Villaran is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 02:37 PM   #40
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

My God..all the results of Sorana - horrible, sorry! She is able to play really well but she didn´t do! she is not focussed enough for tennis..she has to change it soon!
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 04:00 PM   #41
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villaran View Post
Curcubeu do you can give to me the website of that tournament? And the web where say all the tournaments?
No problem:

The official tournament website, also in English
http://www.bcropen.ro/en/

The ITF info sheet:
http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tour...ent=1100024716

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraya00000 View Post
My God..all the results of Sorana - horrible, sorry! She is able to play really well but she didn´t do! she is not focussed enough for tennis..she has to change it soon!
Yeah, just have a look at her tweets or facebook entries where she is talking about everything, but her sport. A x-peria fotoshoot here, another sponsorship appointment there. No surprise that she is distracted from her actual job: Playing tennis...
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 10:30 AM   #42
country flag Villaran

Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all Villaran is a name known to all

Curcubeu thanks so much!
Villaran is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 10:11 AM   #43
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Bucharest

(1)Simona Halep (ROU) v Masa Zec-Peskiric (SLO)
(wc)Cristina Dinu (ROU) v Q
Anna Floris (ITA) v Alexandra Cadantu (ROU)
(8)Renata Voracova (CZE) v Laura Thorpe (FRA)

(3)Sorana Cirstea (ROU) v (wc)Diana Enache (ROU)
Liana-Gabriela Ungur (ROU) v Madalina Gojnea (ROU)
Karolina Pliskova (CZE) v Q
(5)Laura Pous-Tio (ESP) v Ioana-Raluca Olaru (ROU)

Carla Suarez Navarro (ESP) v Q
Elena Bogdan (ROU) v Q
Elitsa Kostova (BUL) v Kiki Bertens (NED)
(4)Petra Martic (CRO) v Stefanie Voegele (SUI)

(7)Maria-Elena Camerin (ITA) v Beatriz Garcia-Vidagany (ESP)
Erika Sema (JPN) v (wc)Elora Dabija (ROU)
Sesil Karatantcheva (KAZ) v (wc)Cristina-Andreea Mitu (ROU)
(2)Irina-Camelia Begu (ROU) v Corinna Dentoni (ITA)
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 05:15 PM   #44
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

A semi against Simona?
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2011, 10:00 AM   #45
country flag Curcubeu

Bucharest, R1: (3)Sorana Cîrstea def. (WC)Diana Enache 6-3 6-4

A win is a win...