Sorana's summer season - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 5th, 2011, 11:35 AM   #16
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sorana's summer season

She won, 7-5 2-6 7-5. Was 5-3 down in the third (and apparently also in the 1st set).
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 5th, 2011, 11:36 AM   #17
country flag penkku

penkku has a brilliant future penkku has a brilliant future penkku has a brilliant future penkku has a brilliant future penkku has a brilliant future penkku has a brilliant future penkku has a brilliant future penkku has a brilliant future penkku has a brilliant future penkku has a brilliant future penkku has a brilliant future

Mirjana-Sorana 5-7 6-2 5-7
penkku is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2011, 11:40 AM   #18
country flag Rovegun

Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold Rovegun is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
She won, 7-5 2-6 7-5. Was 5-3 down in the third (and apparently also in the 1st set).
yes, I still can´t believe she won it so many downs but great come back she´s a big fighter... Lucic didn´t manage the match mentally...
Rovegun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2011, 12:01 PM   #19
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so happy she overcame that shitfest!

It was a horrible match full of wasted chances and unforced errors, DFs and 2 girls who are that far away from the best like the earth is from the sun. It was like watching a 50K challenger level club match, but even one of the less good ones... .

The good thing is like other people already mentioned that Sorana kept fighting and never gave up, something which hasn't always been self-evident in her current slump (just remember the awful performance against Ivanovic in Linz )
Of course, Mirjana made it easy for her with her brain injuries in the first and the decisive set, but Sorana took her chances, leveled up her game and also saved a lot of BPs on her own serve!

But there are still many, many problems she has to clean up in her game! Her serve is still a mess, though not that much than Lucic's, but still she hit 8 DFs and only had a first serve percentage of 45% which is downright awful.
Her forehand isn't much better! It lacks length, depth and precision, actually everything which made it a weapon back in the day! The fact that she hit twice as many double backhand winners today says it all!

Next up is Dolonts who moves on the clay like a cow on the ice, but still Sorana has to cut down most of her errors against a far more consistent player than Lucic was today!
Old Jul 5th, 2011, 12:18 PM   #20
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Sorana made her come back possible in the first and also in the third set when she decided to have more patience and not yo risk anymore. She cut down the unforced errors and let Lucic made the points for her
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2011, 05:58 PM   #21
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute

Safarova/Cirstea-Amanmuradova/Hlavackova [2] 16 64 119
Wert. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 09:38 AM   #22
country flag Nena_xxx

Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold

Victory is victory, but can't believe how her serve was bad. No improvement, and it's sad now.
Nena_xxx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 11:20 AM   #23
country flag Owlboy79

Owlboy79 is just really nice Owlboy79 is just really nice Owlboy79 is just really nice Owlboy79 is just really nice Owlboy79 is just really nice Owlboy79 is just really nice Owlboy79 is just really nice Owlboy79 is just really nice Owlboy79 is just really nice Owlboy79 is just really nice Owlboy79 is just really nice

Is Sorana being coached by Davide Sanguinetti at the moment?
Owlboy79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 02:25 PM   #24
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Bastad, Round 2: Vesna Dolonts def. Sorana Cîrstea 6-3 6-3

Error after error and the inability to hold serve, how are you going to win a match then...

Whenever she had some periods of "intelligent" playing (drop shots or some passing shots), she exposed Vesna's poor movement onto the net. For the other 95% of the time she just let herself into ever returning baseline rallies and regularly missed the half of her attacking shots. Not to mention that she often failed finishing the points when one of the Hair's well known angled retrieving shots threw her completely off her game...

Good luck in Palermo, I guess...
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 03:13 PM   #25
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Sorana
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 10:58 PM   #26
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Sori

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 02:09 AM   #27
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Lost in doubles QF

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 09:44 PM   #28
country flag Curcubeu

WTA Palermo, Main Draw:

(1)Flavia Pennetta (ITA) v (WC)Anastassia Grymalska (ITA)
Mathilde Johansson (FRA) v Aravane Rezai (FRA)
Sorana Cirstea (ROU) v Andrea Hlavackova (CZE)
(6)Tsvetana Pironkova (BUL) v Anna Tatishvili (GEO)

Don't dare you to mess up this draw!
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 08:01 PM   #29
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

Sori def Andrea Hlavackova 6-3 6-2

R2 against (6) Tsvetana Pironkova
Sasja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 08:37 PM   #30
country flag Curcubeu

Great match when she trailed 0-2 in the second set, saved a couple of Game Points and finally broke back on DF just to win six games in a row!

First serve percentage is still a mess, though and so it's not surprising that 2 of her 3 aces were on second serve!