Sabine's ranking breakdown - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 11th, 2012, 01:22 PM   #46
country flag Beaumont

Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all
Re: Sabine's ranking breakdown

I have a feeling we are more concerned about her ranking than she is!

Team Lisicki have known for 2 weeks her ranking would drop alarmingly. She can't have been too injured in NY otherwise she wouldn't have continued doubles with Peng, so as Ziva indicated, why hasn't she entered a tournament this week to get wins under her belt and ranking points back on the board?
Beaumont is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 11th, 2012, 01:32 PM   #47
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
That sounds a bit dodgy Mike!

Quote:
why hasn't she entered a tournament this week to get wins under her belt and ranking points back on the board?
Cause nobody of her class does. And if I'm the only one, sure she knows what's the best for her now!
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 01:32 PM   #48
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont View Post
That sounds a bit dodgy Mike!
well you know what I mean though. She may be WTA 33 but she's forever my No 1 I will always support her and I am one of her biggest fans.

I don't understand much about her plans. She remains quiet and won't share her schedule with her fans yet. She was happy to tweet about the men's final but not responding to any fan questions wanting to know her schedule. So I wonder if she even knows.

SABINE LISICKI- Wimbledon Quarter Finalist and Hong Kong Champion 2014!!

GENIE BOUCHARD- Australian Open Semi Finalist, French Open Semi Finalist, Wimbledon Finalist and Nuremburg Champion 2014!!
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 04:59 AM   #49
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont View Post
I have a feeling we are more concerned about her ranking than she is!
I think this is seriously true. While I appreciate mk27's updates and it is fun for us to calculate where she might be if she played a certain tournament, I don't think Sabine makes her decisions based on rankings. Some of her decisions this year that have been criticized in this forum I think make her more appealing to pull for because she obviously is motivated by more than just her selfish interests. She stated that the Olympics was the most important tournament of her life and she obviously cares greatly for her country. She was crushed after just missing the bronze medal in mixed doubles, even though it would have meant zero ranking points. Although I was at first puzzled when she returned to Roland Garros for the exhibition match with Steffi, it showed that she takes her commitments seriously, especially when they involve children.

I think she takes a more long-term approach, trying to do what will improve her game in the long run rather than what will rack up a few ranking points. Ten years from now, few people will remember whether she was ranked 12th or 33rd on September 11, 2012. While it would have been nice to make the top eight to make the year-end championships, this is not the year. I also don't think it's that big a deal if she's not seeded for the Australian Open. She seems to play better when she is the lower ranked player and when palying her best can beat pretty much anyone. Even if her rankings dropped so much that she was back to qualifying (which I certainly don't hope for), I think qualifying actually helped her in 2011 by letting her play her way into tournaments. This year she has faced a viscious circle of coming into first rounds cold, losing, and as a result being cold for the next tournament. The important thing is to find a way to solve whatever physical and mental issues she has to get the most out of her game. If she is able to do this, she will be able to gain momentum and the rankings will take care of themselves.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 07:37 AM   #50
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Agree and couldn't explain my thoughts about her ranking and all (season2012) better, even in german. Thanks!
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 09:45 AM   #51
country flag maurysicki

maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice maurysicki is just really nice

I totally agree with you.
maurysicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2012, 09:56 AM   #52
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

11 tournaments where she basically scored zero points

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote