What seperates the Williams sisters from the rest? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 02:35 PM   #1
country flag GoGoMaggie

GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough
What seperates the Williams sisters from the rest?

Obviously the sisters have been dominating the game. What meaks them so different from the rest of the players?
GoGoMaggie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 02:37 PM   #2
country flag irma

irma has disabled reputation
they play better tennis?
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
In the middle of the night
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2002, 02:40 PM   #3
country flag GoGoMaggie

GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough GoGoMaggie is a jewel in the rough
ok you can say that. but what do they have that makes them special? technique wise, physique wise..whatever more specific i appreciate.....
GoGoMaggie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2002, 02:41 PM   #4
Serendy Willick

Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of
Why do you care? Youve always got something negitive to say
Serendy Willick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2002, 02:44 PM   #5
rioak1

rioak1 is an unknown quantity at this point
they hit the ball damn hard,i think that works rather well when the ball goes 117 mph plus.
Old Nov 4th, 2002, 02:45 PM   #6
country flag irma

irma has disabled reputation
you also have to control it!
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
In the middle of the night
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2002, 02:47 PM   #7
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute
They run as fast or faster than anyone else on tour.
They hit as hard or harder than anyone else on tour.
They serve as well or better than anyone else on tour.
They hold their focus as well or better thananyone else on tour.
They think during points as well or better than anyone else on tour.

They're both better than average volley-ers.
They both can use finesse, although its mostly just a change of pace to set up power shots.

They've got their UE's down to the same number as the rest of the tour.

Last edited by Volcana : Nov 4th, 2002 at 04:42 PM.
Volcana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2002, 02:51 PM   #8
Uxobi

Uxobi is an unknown quantity at this point
Everyone hits the ball hall, Venus and Serena just hit it harder. They also have the best tennis game around at this point. Their domination over the rest of the field shows that they have developed into ultimate tennis players. It was wonderful to hear the other tennis players admit that Venus and Serena were just more than power hitters. They impressed everyone by learning tennis technique and taking the game to another level.
Uxobi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2002, 03:35 PM   #9
country flag PhoenixStorm

PhoenixStorm is a name known to all PhoenixStorm is a name known to all PhoenixStorm is a name known to all PhoenixStorm is a name known to all PhoenixStorm is a name known to all PhoenixStorm is a name known to all PhoenixStorm is a name known to all PhoenixStorm is a name known to all PhoenixStorm is a name known to all PhoenixStorm is a name known to all PhoenixStorm is a name known to all
lindsay and jen hit the ball just as hard the difference is that linds doesnt have the speed to back it up and while jen has more speed than linds she doesnt have as much as vee or rena.
PhoenixStorm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2002, 03:38 PM   #10
selesrules

selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past selesrules has a little shameless behaviour in the past
speed and power (especially on the serve). But just like everybody else before them, they will start losing and in my opinion as soon as next year.
selesrules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2002, 03:44 PM   #11
Serendy Willick

Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of Serendy Willick has much to be proud of
Awesome athletisism, Mental Toughness, fantastic work ethic. A great head on their shoulders. They will dominate for years to come in my opinion.
Serendy Willick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2002, 04:07 PM   #12
Gandalf

Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all
LOL at Volcana. They got the UE number down to the same number as the rest of the tour?. As Coetzer? They think between points better than anyone else? Do you REALLY think that?

What separates them is that they don't have a real weakness, like Steffi's backhand, or Seles and Davenport's mobility, or Hingis's lack of power. If they have a bad day, they can lose, but it's hard for the other players to find a strategy against them. It's not that they do everything better. It's that they do some things better, and nothing much worse.
Gandalf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2002, 04:12 PM   #13
country flag servenrichie

servenrichie is a splendid one to behold servenrichie is a splendid one to behold servenrichie is a splendid one to behold servenrichie is a splendid one to behold servenrichie is a splendid one to behold servenrichie is a splendid one to behold servenrichie is a splendid one to behold servenrichie is a splendid one to behold servenrichie is a splendid one to behold servenrichie is a splendid one to behold servenrichie is a splendid one to behold
posted by Gandalf:
Quote:
...It's not that they do everything better. It's that they do some things better, and nothing much worse.
LOL! at this quote. Just like the view of an optimist and a pessimist, where the optimist sees the glass half full and the pessimist sees it half empty.
Bottom line is, they are much better than everyone else!
servenrichie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2002, 04:13 PM   #14
country flag PhoenixStorm

PhoenixStorm is a name known to all PhoenixStorm is a name known to all PhoenixStorm is a name known to all PhoenixStorm is a name known to all PhoenixStorm is a name known to all PhoenixStorm is a name known to all PhoenixStorm is a name known to all PhoenixStorm is a name known to all PhoenixStorm is a name known to all PhoenixStorm is a name known to all PhoenixStorm is a name known to all
did you even read volcanas post? I swear sometimes people seem to even read: AS WELL AS OR BETTER and BETTER THAN AVERAGE
PhoenixStorm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2002, 04:21 PM   #15
Gandalf

Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all Gandalf is a name known to all
Sorry, but what Volcana's post says is:

No-one hits harder than them.
No-one serves better than them.
No-one holds her focus better than them.
No-one thinks between points better than them.

And this is simply not true.

Pierce hits harder.
Davenport serves better.
Seles holds her focus better.
Hingis thinks between points better.

They are the best because they are incredibly good at ALL those things, while the rest of the players are not good at at least one of them.
Gandalf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote