Jelena JANKOVIC: Take a 1 year vacation! - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 14th, 2011, 10:01 PM   #16
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation
Re: Jelena JANKOVIC: Take a 1 year vacation!

It's OK GAGA, I know JJ has never possessed a 124mph 1st serve...there are some things I remember about JJ!

I was really comparing personalities. JJ charmed Wimbledon 2008, & in a similar way Sabine charmed Wimbledon 2011...only WITHOUT Jamie Murray!!
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 15th, 2011, 12:34 PM   #17
country flag Wrekin

Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold Wrekin is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Aberdon View Post
I was really comparing personalities. JJ charmed Wimbledon 2008, & in a similar way Sabine charmed Wimbledon 2011...only WITHOUT Jamie Murray!!

Hi Richard, glad you're keeping well. You've dragged me out of semi-retirement to say hi. Not much interesting happens with JJ these days.

Oh, and it was 2007, not 2008 (just look at your join date ).

How things have changed in four long years...
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 07:58 PM   #18
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

Ken, good to hear from you again, trust you are well! Yeah, I kind of drifted away from JJ, & indeed WTF for a while. As I say, watching Sabine Lisicki (who I happen to think is very lovely!) has got me back into following the goings on. JJ got to No.1 on the back of her consistency, which was wonderful. All this bitching about being a "slamless No.1" is very tiresome, I have to say - something that is being aimed at Wozniacki at the moment of course. You get there mainly on your consistent level of performance. You just play, the ranking points system does the rest. You are not responsible for how the points & rankings pan out, other than by your performance on the court. You want to bitch about how the points are divvied out, write to the WTA!

Anyway, to see JJ currently sliding away is concerning. Can she recover? Of course she can, but is she 100% committed to doing so? I do wonder...maybe as I suggested, years of playing every tournament under the sun has caught up with her & she has lost that edge - burn out in other words.
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote