Jelena JANKOVIC: Take a 1 year vacation! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 07:56 PM   #1
country flag GAGAlady

GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future
Jelena JANKOVIC: Take a 1 year vacation!

Is it just me, or does everybody else as well think JJ has lost her marbles?!

We all know how long seasons can be and for a veteran like JJ she is clearly lost.. she doesnt seem to be improving, her results over the course of the year are amongst her worst EVER. She is inconsistant, her fitness is good but her head is certainly NOT.

I think she needs to walk away...take a year off, take 2 even...tell herself to fnd a new direction, figuring out who she is outside of tennis and then once she has had that chance...come back and play fresh, have clear defined goals and ready to face the tour focused and determined.

Her tennis and her build will still be there 2 years from now...shes young enough to walk away and come back if she does so now. Her game is too good to not be back if she returned to her old way...she has it in her but i think she wants out...and she doesnt know how to walk away...

JJ leave. live your life...and come back soon as u once were, a talented mover, gifted athelet and on court magician... we love u...your better than this!!!!

Any opinions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 07:59 PM   #2
country flag Timariot

Timariot has a reputation beyond repute Timariot has a reputation beyond repute Timariot has a reputation beyond repute Timariot has a reputation beyond repute Timariot has a reputation beyond repute Timariot has a reputation beyond repute Timariot has a reputation beyond repute Timariot has a reputation beyond repute Timariot has a reputation beyond repute Timariot has a reputation beyond repute Timariot has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jelena JANKOVIC: Take a 1 year vacation!

Or take an extended break and come back when you're like 38?

Seems to work for some...
"Backhands should be hit with two hands, as should forehands. A Selesian's strength flows from the Holy Groundstrokes, but beware: sliced backhands, Graf forehands - the dark side of Selesianity are they. Easily they flow, but if once you start down the dark path, forever will Graf damnate your destiny - consume you she will..."

-
Selesian Doctrine
Timariot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 08:02 PM   #3
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Like I said a million times, she has already burnt out, at least mentally. She either take a break or continue playing until she retires soon.
ElusiveChanteuse is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:13 AM   #4
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

I think she's been on vacation for the last two and a half years.
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:37 AM   #5
country flag Lord Choc Ice
Hot Messes Need Love

Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute Lord Choc Ice has a reputation beyond repute

JJ.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Lord Choc Ice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 10:41 AM   #6
country flag Cloon76

Cloon76 is a name known to all Cloon76 is a name known to all Cloon76 is a name known to all Cloon76 is a name known to all Cloon76 is a name known to all Cloon76 is a name known to all Cloon76 is a name known to all Cloon76 is a name known to all Cloon76 is a name known to all Cloon76 is a name known to all Cloon76 is a name known to all

Her and Ana both seem to have gone a bit lately and could both do with a break !!!
Cloon76 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2011, 01:33 PM   #7
country flag CuteKoala

CuteKoala has much to be proud of CuteKoala has much to be proud of CuteKoala has much to be proud of CuteKoala has much to be proud of CuteKoala has much to be proud of CuteKoala has much to be proud of CuteKoala has much to be proud of CuteKoala has much to be proud of CuteKoala has much to be proud of CuteKoala has much to be proud of CuteKoala has much to be proud of

Jelena should get pregnant and enjoy life.
A. Sánchez Vicario (ES|✰) S. Errani (IT|7) J. Janković (RS|8) A. Kerber (DE|9) S. Halep (RO|11) S. Lisicki (DE|15) S. Cîrstea (RO|22) J. Wesnina (RU|25) M. Barthel (DE|34) A. Petković (DE|39) Y. Meusburger (AT|50) A. Beck (DE|58) J. Görges (DE|73) D. Pfizenmaier (DE|98) A.-L. Friedsam (DE|126) C. Witthöft (DE|210) A. Schäfer (DE|229) L. Siegemund (DE|235) K. Barrois (DE|244) T. Maria (DE|258) K. Hobgarski (DE|∞)
CuteKoala is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2011, 07:47 PM   #8
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

What has happened to Jelena? Where is the girl I used to be a fan of gone? Regular Top 10, at one time #1. Now? A seemingly unstoppable slide down the rankings, alongside Ana, it appears. I must still love her deep down in my psyche somewhere, as here I am posting over a year after my last one. But only to ask - what on earth is going on?

Has all that playing every tournament under the sun for the past 3yrs or so burned her out? Has that water polo player tired her out?? Is she really thinking of giving up as seems to have been suggested by alleged comments attributed to her?

Older JJ fans may recall that JJ clinic that was set up for her. Sounds like it needs to be resurrected!! Who was the psychiatrist?

JJ fans can only hope she rediscovers her love for the game & the fight.

And what has brought me back to following the women's game again? A girl that seems to be what Jelena was - Sabine Lisicki.
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2011, 05:43 AM   #9
country flag RFS

RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Aberdon View Post
What has happened to Jelena? Where is the girl I used to be a fan of gone? Regular Top 10, at one time #1. Now? A seemingly unstoppable slide down the rankings, alongside Ana, it appears. I must still love her deep down in my psyche somewhere, as here I am posting over a year after my last one. But only to ask - what on earth is going on?

Has all that playing every tournament under the sun for the past 3yrs or so burned her out? Has that water polo player tired her out?? Is she really thinking of giving up as seems to have been suggested by alleged comments attributed to her?

Older JJ fans may recall that JJ clinic that was set up for her. Sounds like it needs to be resurrected!! Who was the psychiatrist?

And what has brought me back to following the women's game again? A girl that seems to be what Jelena was - Sabine Lisicki.

Good Lord - talk about a blast from the past!!!
And yes - Sabine very much reminded me of the old JJ that year in Wimbledon. Without the flirting!

Pick Strategy is ALL: JJ is merely the weapon of choice...

JM: [pause, followed by a guilty look] Ah yeah. That's possible.

Rozzie's Tennis Blogs are now contained in The Chalkdust Chronicles - Click HERE
RFS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2011, 06:48 AM   #10
дalex

дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute

lol, Richard, there's someone who took a LONG vacation! Perfect thread choice!
дalex is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2011, 09:06 PM   #11
country flag Ian Aberdon

I thought it was the perfect thread to comment on Alex!

(It wasn't meant really though!!)

Trust everyone is well this soggy summer (well, soggy here!!)
Old Jul 7th, 2011, 09:11 PM   #12
country flag MaBaker
★Serbian Sensation★

MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see you again
MaBaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 10:39 AM   #13
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

JJ seems to be fed up with it all. I think the vacation could help. But a year? That is a bit too long.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 06:50 PM   #14
country flag Ian Aberdon

I've been away a while...what happened to that mansion she was planning to build in the US? The one where the press were to be banned from, only for Jelena to invite them to a housewarming!!

Maybe she should go there...if built!!!
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 07:01 PM   #15
country flag GAGAlady

GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Aberdon View Post

Im sorry who? Sabine LISICKI?!...i have to dissagree there. I dont see anything remotely similar to JJ in Sabine...JJ hasnt got her Serve, moves better (or used to) than most players including Sabine...is a brunnette not a blonde and is Serbian not German. lol Obvious i know...but they dont, on paper anyways, compare...