SI Experts' Picks for Wimbledon - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 18th, 2011, 06:53 AM   #1
country flag saarsngg

saarsngg is a splendid one to behold saarsngg is a splendid one to behold saarsngg is a splendid one to behold saarsngg is a splendid one to behold saarsngg is a splendid one to behold saarsngg is a splendid one to behold saarsngg is a splendid one to behold saarsngg is a splendid one to behold saarsngg is a splendid one to behold saarsngg is a splendid one to behold saarsngg is a splendid one to behold
SI Experts' Picks for Wimbledon

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...cks/index.html

Thoughts?

Chris Hunt and Bruce Jenkins picking Goerges as sleeper
4 out of 8 picking Caro to flameout
saarsngg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 18th, 2011, 06:58 AM   #2
country flag jrollaneres25

jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: SI Experts' Picks for Wimbledon

What does "flameout" mean?
Matthew 14:28 Then Peter called to him, “Lord, if it’s really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water.”
29 “Yes, come,” Jesus said.
I am a pretty big Veeliver of Venus Williams, but I'm a FOLLOWER of

Jesus Christ!!
jrollaneres25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 06:59 AM   #3
country flag jrollaneres25

jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute jrollaneres25 has a reputation beyond repute

It's funny Not one of them picked BOTH Williamses
Matthew 14:28 Then Peter called to him, “Lord, if it’s really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water.”
29 “Yes, come,” Jesus said.
I am a pretty big Veeliver of Venus Williams, but I'm a FOLLOWER of

Jesus Christ!!
jrollaneres25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 07:11 AM   #4
country flag saarsngg

saarsngg is a splendid one to behold saarsngg is a splendid one to behold saarsngg is a splendid one to behold saarsngg is a splendid one to behold saarsngg is a splendid one to behold saarsngg is a splendid one to behold saarsngg is a splendid one to behold saarsngg is a splendid one to behold saarsngg is a splendid one to behold saarsngg is a splendid one to behold saarsngg is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrollaneres25 View Post
It means surprisingly early loss.
saarsngg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 07:16 AM   #5
country flag serenafann

serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of serenafann has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrollaneres25 View Post
Someone who will fall apart/lose early.

"IF Serena Williams Didn't Exist,They Would Have To Invent Her"!
serenafann is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 07:19 AM   #6
country flag Curtos07

Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute

You should not even be allowed to pick Ana as a "flameout" pick anymore. Way to go out on a limb, Andrew Lawrence! In her last 7 slams, Ana has had four 1st round exits and two 2nd round exits. Ana losing early in slams is not surprising or unexpected anymore. It's sadly become the norm.
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 07:19 AM   #7
country flag Jean-Henri

Jean-Henri has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by saarsngg View Post
Andrew Lawrence's flameout pick is Ivanovic. Is that technically possible by this definition ? Loss before 1'st round ?
Jean-Henri is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 07:25 AM   #8
country flag LShang

LShang is a jewel in the rough LShang is a jewel in the rough LShang is a jewel in the rough LShang is a jewel in the rough LShang is a jewel in the rough LShang is a jewel in the rough LShang is a jewel in the rough LShang is a jewel in the rough LShang is a jewel in the rough LShang is a jewel in the rough LShang is a jewel in the rough

Well if Caro loses early, 50% people already know it, so it will not be surprising.
Quote:
LShang is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 07:28 AM   #9
country flag MaBaker
★Serbian Sensation★

MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute MaBaker has a reputation beyond repute

It's amazing how no.1 was picked only for a flameout.
MaBaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 07:34 AM   #10
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...cks/index.html

Thoughts?

Chris Hunt and Bruce Jenkins picking Goerges as sleeper
4 out of 8 picking Caro to flameout
I know that she goes to bed early with the chickens and loves to get up latest possible. So they call her a sleeper with reason.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 07:36 AM   #11
country flag it-girl
Veelieving!!!!!!!

it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtos7 View Post
You should not even be allowed to pick Ana as a "flameout" pick anymore. Way to go out on a limb, Andrew Lawrence! In her last 7 slams, Ana has had four 1st round exits and two 2nd round exits. Ana losing early in slams is not surprising or unexpected anymore. It's sadly become the norm.
This.

it-girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 07:36 AM   #12
country flag L'Enfant Sauvage

L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute L'Enfant Sauvage has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Henri View Post
Andrew Lawrence's flameout pick is Ivanovic. Is that technically possible by this definition ? Loss before 1'st round ?

(Anyone playing Sharapova)
L'Enfant Sauvage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 07:41 AM   #13
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Karolina . Even the experts have no faith in her.

Someone picking Kaia as a sleeper.

Come Along If You Need A Break From Tennis, But Want To Stay On TF.
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 07:41 AM   #14
country flag Reptilia
`

Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute Reptilia has a reputation beyond repute

Where are the picks that they usually put out with like Shriver, Fernandez etc?!
Reptilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2011, 07:42 AM   #15
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

I like the fact that so many tennis 'fans' and experts alike are predicting an early exit for Caroline. If she makes it to the second round it will look like a major achievement.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote