Big West - 2011-12 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 16th, 2011, 05:32 AM   #31
country flag beachman49

beachman49 has disabled reputation
Re: Big West - 2011-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
Putting a #1 down at #4 would be STACKING! Finally Alaskan gets something right.

In 2009 Anais Dallara played #4 singles behind #2 Rachel Manasse and #3 Deborah Armstrong. Everyone here can agree Dallara is much better than last season's #5 Manasse and #3 Armstrong.

So everyone here can agree in 2008-09 current Long Beach St. #1 Dallara was stacked down at #4 for the ENTIRE SEASON!

That is such a lame effort at making up your case that you have again embarrased your favorite school.

Two years ago a freshman on a Top 40 team was at # 4, who played # 2 and got smoked by a girl that quit your program last year, and is now the # 1 as a junior.

And what was the record of the girls in front of her that year? Pretty awesome too... against better players too.

That's what you got?

Good lord man. SO EVERYONE HERE CAN AGREE... you need to grow up.

Someday things in the BW will change. Likely CP or UCSB or Davis... but it will change. It is inevitable (except in the Pac 10-12).

14-1-1*

Last edited by beachman49 : Jun 16th, 2011 at 05:39 AM.
beachman49 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 16th, 2011, 05:41 AM   #32
country flag form

form has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachman49 View Post
That is such a lame effort at making up your case that you have again embarrased your favorite school.

Two years ago a freshman on a Top 40 team was at # 4, who played # 2 and got smoked by a girl that quit your program last year, and is now the # 1 as a junior.

And what was the record of the girls in front of her that year? Pretty awesome too... against better players too.

That's what you got?

Good lord man. SO EVERYONE HERE CAN AGREE... you need to grow up.

Someday things in the BW will change. Likely CP or UCSB or Davis... but it will change. It is inevitable (except in the Pac 10-12).

14-1-1*

Thank you Beachman49.

We can all agree....

Bentzer, Tranckino, etc... numerous coach appeals of UCI tournament line up (with some changes over the years) and you throw rocks. Even if your rocks have no foundation. It is fun to know three of the BW coaches and have inside dope.

I'm stunned you did not cite the 2002 line up where at # 4 LB must have stacked Laura Thomas as she beat future UCI #1 Anna Bentzer to upset UCI and clinch LB"s first title. That too must have been a stack?

Next up: Mr. Agenda announces that LB tennis kidnapped the Lindbergh baby.

We can all agree....
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 10:47 PM   #33
country flag Alaskan

Alaskan is an unknown quantity at this point

And she beat the two time conference player of the year this year....and that is a stack?
Alaskan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2011, 02:40 AM   #34
country flag RobertCB

RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice

I am starting to feel sorry for gouci since he has entered into the absurdity spectrum. Now that his obsession with LBSU has reached critical mass, I hope his friends and family intervene before he does something really drastic. Gouci, hope thing turn around for you soon buddy, and I will keep you in my prayers . Sincerely, RobertCB

Last edited by RobertCB : Jun 17th, 2011 at 02:48 AM.
RobertCB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2011, 12:27 PM   #35
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Moderators will only delete your post on this board when you have broken posting rules.

Form aka Mr. Rule Breaker just got slapped down big time by getting 6+ of his "reserved for future excuses" posts deleted.

6+ posts deleted in 1 day , Form that is a new board record.

Form knowing you were neutered 6+ times by the moderator that just made my summer!

Last edited by gouci : Jun 17th, 2011 at 12:32 PM.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2011, 03:36 PM   #36
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Anyone have any tennis news??
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2011, 07:05 PM   #37
country flag form

Curious that Cal Poly job was posted to close back around May 1... yet no hire as of today. Plus two open scholarships have not been announced.

Makes you wonder if Cal Poly was pursuing a possible coach who may have then taken another offer instead? No facts behind that speculation but it is getting late for a job they have known would be open since January. A 'ranked' job in a nice college town.
Old Jun 17th, 2011, 07:12 PM   #38
country flag form

Quote:
Moderators will only delete your post on this board when you have broken posting rules.

Form aka Mr. Rule Breaker just got slapped down big time by getting 6+ of his "reserved for future excuses" posts deleted.

that just made my summer!

Glad I could cheer you up Mr. Agenda.

At 1-14-1* in the past decade, a good smile will do you some good.

(Note to moderator: Some consistency... unless you actually are Mr. Agenda.... would be appreciated since there are dozens of 'reserved' and slanderous - factually incorrect - posts by Mr. Agenda all over this forum. I thought my UCI excuse reserves were somewhat clever.)
Old Jun 26th, 2011, 07:29 AM   #39
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Faceys, UCI bound, are playing the Lakewood event

http://tennislink.usta.com/Tournamen...=94242&L=E&E=2

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 03:07 AM   #40
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
US Open National Playoffs - Sectional Qualifying

USONP - (SoCal) Sectional Qualifying

Kristina Smith (UCI) def. Kaitlyn Christian (USC) 6-4,6-3

Kristina Smith (UCI) def. 3 star Emily Weisberg 6-4,6-2

Coy Jones def. Tiffany Mai (CSF) 6-2,4-6,6-1

Tiffany Mai (CSF) def. 4 star Toby Miclat 6-0,4-6,6-3
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 08:30 AM   #41
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

gouci that was quite a while ago

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 10:54 AM   #42
country flag gouci

It was just last week.

And fantic were you too to report UCI's big upset over USC?
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 12:33 PM   #43
country flag gouci

UC Irvine recruits

Here are some results I knew about but don't get included on TRN player records.

Mountain View Women's Open - May 27-30, 2011

Round of 32

Ali Facey (UCI) def. Mariska Chamdani 6-2,4-6,6-2
- Chamdani is a 4 star player reaching a TRN high of 77 in May 2011

Round of 16

Kat Facey (UCI) def. Marina Nikolic (San Francisco) 3-6,6-3,6-2
- Nikolic reached a TRN ranking high of 67 in April 2011.

Ali Facey (UCI) def. Megan Govi (Portland St.) 6-1,6-0

Giuliana Olmos (USC) def. 4 star Tiffany Pham 6-2,6-1

Quarter-Finals

Kat Facey (UCI) def. Srinidhi Raghavan (Penn) 6-3,6-1
- Kat Facey beat a 5 star top 50 recruit

Giuliana Olmos (USC) def. Ali Facey (UCI) 6-3,2-6,6-4
- Ali extended Olmos to 3 sets.

Semi-Finals

Giuliana Olmos (USC) def. Kat Facey (UCI) 6-4,6-2
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 06:36 PM   #44
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
It was just last week.

And fantic were you too to report UCI's big upset over USC?
I thought it finished on June 17 or something.

Anyway, nah, shit happens, it's not a dual match anyway

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Jun 28th, 2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 09:59 AM   #45
country flag gouci

UC Davis recruits

Maybe Big West fans look at TRN and think Layla Sanders hasn't played a tournament since August 2010.

But that's not true.

$2,000 Rio Del Oro Women's Open - March 5-13, 2011

SF - Layla Sanders (UC Davis) def. 5 star (8th grader) Karina Vyrlan 6-0,6-0

F - Layla Sanders (UCD) def. Tracy Houk 6-1,6-1

- Sanders is keeping it low key playing a tourney with the 1st round being the semi-finals.

$50,000 Carson, CA - May 22, 2011

blue chip Alyssa Smith def. Layla Sanders (UC Davis) 6-0,6-2

USONP-Sectional Qulifying (Northern CA) - June 2011

16 - Kat Facey (UCI) def. Olivia Hsu 7-6,6-3
- Hsu is a 4 star TRN high 165 in 2011

16 - Ali Facey (UCI) def. Stephanee Lawrence 6-0,6-0

16 - Layla Sanders (UC Davis) def. Christiana Ferrari 6-4,4-6,6-1
- Ferrari is a 4 star TRN high 114 in 2011

QF - Kat Facey (UCI) def. Natalie Spievack 6-1,6-1
- Spievack 4 star (2014) TRN high 163 in 2011

QF - Yasmin Schnack def. Ali Facey (UCI) 6-1,6-2

QF - Layla Sanders (UCD) def. Heather Davidson (Montana) 6-4,7-5

SF - Giuliana Olmos (USC) def. Kat Facey (UCI) 6-0,6-4

SF - Yasmin Schnack def. Layla Sanders (UCD) 6-2,6-2

83rd Oakland City Open - June 17-19, 2011

SF - Layla Sanders (UC Davis) def. Emily Prescott (San Jose St.) 6-0,6-1

SF - Marietta Tuionetoa def. Stephany Chang (Cal) 6-3,7-5

F - Layla Sanders (UCD) def. Marietta Tuionetoa 6-0,6-2
- Tuionetoa had a TRN high of 104 in 2010.

So technically Layla Sanders has won 2 tournaments in the last 3 months, each with a 5 player draw.

Last edited by gouci : Jun 29th, 2011 at 10:57 AM.