Big West - 2011-12 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 12th, 2011, 06:42 PM   #16
country flag form

form has disabled reputation
Re: Big West - 2011-12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
reserved 15
:hah a:
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 12th, 2011, 09:19 PM   #17
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

I predict UC Davis finishes in the top 4 or better.

Yes, I could be more ambitious in my prediction, but there are some other good teams in the conference.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 09:27 PM   #18
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

In the 2012 Kickoff weekend, UC Davis will play Tennessee.
Guaranteed two matches, the loser of that match players against the loser of 2. Tulsa v.3. NC State

With California schools having budget issues, this could be seen as an expensive trip. It could also motivate the team to get off to a strong start.
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 09:34 PM   #19
country flag 2nd_serve

UC Davis will lose from the roster seniors Sidney Brady, and Shawdee Rouhafza. UC Davis picks up Layla Sanders.
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 10:30 PM   #20
country flag 2nd_serve

Susan Te Named Pacific's Competitor Of The Month For April

Freshman Susan Te, a walk-on from Davis, California, has proven to be an asset to the Pacific Tigers women's tennis team. In the month of April, Susan was challenged as an athlete. Her drive and her determination to win enabled her efforts to be noticed. The Big West Championships at Indian Wells was a test of not only physical fitness, but of mental toughness as well. Susan Te passed both tests and competed at the top of her game. Susan Te competed in two epic matches; one versus UNR and the second in the quarterfinals of the Big West Tournament at Indian Wells.

In Te's match against UNR, she was down 3-4 in the third set after three hours on the court and began cramping. She had to battle with leg cramps for the rest of the match, but she changed her tactics to shorten the points. Susan managed to bring the match to 6-6 and came within 2 points of winning it all in a deciding tie- break but to no avail. That match lasted almost four hours.

More importantly however, in the quarterfinals of the Big West Championships at Indian Wells, she prevailed in a nearly four hour long match against No.4 seeded and nationally ranked UC Santa Barbara. Susan lost the first set at the No. 5 singles position in a tiebreak after an hour and a half. By this time every other singles match was already over. With the team scores dead even at 3-3 her match would determine who would go on in the tournament. After battling for another two and a half hours she secured the team win with a 6-7(5), 6-3, 6-1 win to get the Tigers into the semi-finals against the No.1 seed Long Beach State. Susan is a walk-on who earned her way into the singles line-up playing ahead of three scholarship athletes. Her guts and determination and "refuse to lose" attitude couldn't go unnoticed.
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 05:41 AM   #21
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Oldest Player of the Year ever

When I make a mistake I like to set the record straight, like for this error I made a while back.

I was teasing Form that theoretically if Long Beach St.'s Klaudia Malenovska took a medical redshirt then Long Beach St. could potentially own the notorious record of having the oldest Big West Player of the Year if Klaudia Malenovska won it as a 25 year old senior.

Well my bad!

After doing some research I uncovered Long Beach State ALREADY OWNS the notorious record of having the oldest Conference Player of the Year in NCAA tennis history when 25 year old senior Jing Chen won it for da Beach in 1998.

Quote:
By Christian Baldemor
On-line Forty-Niner
Tuesday, November 5, 1996

"...Chen, 24, is a native of Shanghai, a major bustling city located in the eastern part of the People's Republic of China..."

By Jason Reid
LA Times
January 29, 1997

"...After graduating from high school in Shanghai, Chen, 24, took a little break from school..."
The proof comes from 2 article excerpts about Chen as a junior at Long Beach St. in 1996-97.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 05:30 PM   #22
country flag 2nd_serve

University of Pacific
Recruits two
Regina Suarez
Gergana Boncheva

I'll update to list graduates later.
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 09:43 AM   #23
country flag Alaskan

Alaskan is an unknown quantity at this point

GOUCI, are you having a very bad post tennis season breakdown....man after what happened to your Eaters I would think that you would just quietly go away for awhile and keep a very low profile!
Alaskan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 11:56 AM   #24
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Alaskan you're as clueless as your fellow statesman Sarah Palin! At least pay attention to what happened during the season.

UCI overachieved getting to the Big West Tournament Finals missing their #1 singles and playing with a walk-on at #6. That's like playing being down 2 players in the line-up. Well the cavalry is coming for UCI in 2011-12. UCI get's our #1 singles back. The Facey twins will shore up our #3 doubles. The addition of Mamiit in the line-up will shore up our #6 singles.

Long Beach St. on the other hand underachieved for a team getting everyone back and adding Malenovska. They didn't win the Big West undefeated choking to UCSB. Former #1 Jaklin Alawi fell to #4. Former #5 Anna Jeczmionka fell to the bench. Rachel Manassee who played #2 her freshman year, then dropped to #4 her sophomore year, slipped to mostly #5 & #6 her junior year. If Long Beach St. would of beaten #45 Boston College then LBS would probably have cracked the top 30 and would have gotten a 1st round opponent they would have been favored against instead of losing to Pepperdine again. If Long Beach St. had any chance of winning the 1st round then maybe the 3 amigos Form, Rob & Beachman would have attended the match in person.
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 03:29 PM   #25
country flag 2nd_serve

I like reading the Big West thread.
And continue to look for improvement from UC Davis
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 03:34 PM   #26
country flag 2nd_serve

Where will your twins fit in the lineup.?
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 10:30 PM   #27
country flag Alaskan

Alaskan is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, the spin doctor is alive and well....first of all I suspect that since your 'returning #1, who hasn't played in nearly a season and a half, will be very rusty, I wouldn't get too excited about her ability to win too much at #1.....then again, she probably should be inserted at about 4 or 5, but then again that would be stacking right? And we all know that Mr. Edles would never, ever think of cheating now would he.....LBS kicked UCI's ass this year, and we will do the same again next year, perhaps even more convincingly!
Alaskan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 10:35 PM   #28
country flag 2nd_serve

Having read all so many of the posts, there was a complete failure to establish that all the rules were not followed. Instead, the people who said that were looking bad. But I wish you would move on.
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 07:36 AM   #29
country flag gouci

Putting a #1 down at #4 would be STACKING! Finally Alaskan gets something right.

In 2009 Anais Dallara played #4 singles behind #2 Rachel Manasse and #3 Deborah Armstrong. Everyone here can agree Dallara is much better than last season's #5 Manasse and #3 Armstrong.

So everyone here can agree in 2008-09 current Long Beach St. #1 Dallara was stacked down at #4 for the ENTIRE SEASON!
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 05:50 PM   #30
country flag 2nd_serve

Cal Poly - Year to Year Changes

National Ranking 39

Leaving the team

Hugh Bream Retires as Cal Poly Women's Tennis Head Coach
SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. – Following an 11-season tenure that featured two appearances in both the team and individual NCAA Championships, the 2003 Big West Conference championship and a 60 percent win rate in dual matches, Hugh Bream – recently named Wilson/ITA Southwest Region Coach of the Year for 2011 – officially announced his retirement as head coach of the Cal Poly women’s tennis program on Thursday morning. A replacement has not yet been named by ...

Amy Markhoff Three matches at #5 & #6

Ashley Pane Played #2 and #3.

New to the team

Redshirt Freshman

Ane McPike http://www.gopoly.com/index.php?p=sp...r&player=80051 one star tennisrecruiting.

as of 6/14 none listed on tr.net

Comment

Change in coach, good rooster, but lack of new recruiting class.

Last edited by 2nd_serve : Jun 15th, 2011 at 06:08 PM.