Transfers to and from Schools - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 1st, 2011, 03:36 AM   #61
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Tulsa with 5+ transferring IN

9 transferred in over 8 seasons

1999-00

1. Bianca Posada ITF 367 - So. #1 transfer from Arkansas State

2000-01

2. Alicia Pillay WTA 543 - jr. #1 transfer from Oklahoma Christian (NAIA)

2002-03

3. Donata Majauskaite - jr. #1 transfer from Cowley County Community College (KS)

2003-04

4. Lisette Pereira ITF 318 - jr. #1 transfer from Oklahoma Christian (NAIA)

2006-07

5. Eleonora Kuruc - So. #1 transfer from Missouri State

6. Marta Marcinkowska - RS fr. transfer from Management College (in Poland)

2007-08

7. Rebecca Row 4 star 67 - So. #3 transfer from Boston

2009-10

8. Joanne Karaitiana ITF 287 - Jr. #1 transfer from Oklahoma St.

2010-11

9. Bonny Davidson - RS jr. #8 transfer from Florida St.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 1st, 2011, 06:46 AM   #62
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all
Re: Transfers to and from Schools

It's reaching a little bit to count junior colleges and international colleges. The whole point of a junior college is that you graduate and then transfer to a four-year school, so it's not like a junior college player is "poached". International universities don't have tennis teams, and so it's really no different than recruiting any international player.

Still a lot of transfers, but I think it takes away from the point a bit to add those categories.

One thing I have noticed is that it seems a lot of the transfers are

1. International
2. Going to schools in larger cities (i.e. not "college towns")

Not sure what to make of that. Just an observation.
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 02:39 AM   #63
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

I will be splitting this thread into 2 separate threads. One for 5+ players transferring IN to a college and the other for 5+ players transferring OUT of a college.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 04:36 AM   #64
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sE View Post
It's reaching a little bit to count junior colleges and international colleges. The whole point of a junior college is that you graduate and then transfer to a four-year school, so it's not like a junior college player is "poached".. .
Good point.

If I could piggyback on your observation, some junior colleges can be a good choice for academic reasons. While the junior college in aggregate would normally not be as academically as strong as a four year college, some of them have very good English as a Second Language programs which maybe suited for the foreign player who can speak some English, but would have a hard time reading novels, textbooks, writing papers, etc in English while training so many hours on the tennis court.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote