Transfers to and from Schools - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 13th, 2011, 04:26 AM   #31
country flag form

form has disabled reputation
Re: Transfers to and from Schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sE View Post
I hesitate to defend GOUCI because he/she has some views that I definitely disagree with but I do think UCI and Mike Edles does a great job with what he is trying to accomplish, which is be as competitive as you can be with an American roster and develop and graduate good kids.

I have seen them compete several times, and the UCI girls seem to be hard-working classy young ladies and I have found Coach Edles to be a very approachable and pleasant person. I had the chance to talk with him a tournament a few years ago and have always cheered for his teams to do well. I actually admire him for having an idea of what he thinks is "right" and sticking with it.

I think GOUCI is just a bitter fan that, rather than be like Coach Edles and resign himself to the fact that you're just not going to win the conference on a regular basis with American girls, and just make the most of what you have (which is usually a very good team)...instead GOUCI attacks others as if UCI is the only "clean" rider in the race and everyone else is doping...except no one else is cheating, they're just using a more successful strategy.

GOUCI you're coming off like the last player to use wood racquets, complaining that these new metal racquets just aren't "real tennis"!
First off, I just snorted soda at Rob's reserved space.

Second, just a point of clarification for Mr. Agenda: In 7 of the last 10 years 'his' UCI team of American's has fielded at least one, if not two, and in 2005 THREE.... foreign players each season.

So his 'anti-international rant is hypocritical except that amongst the six international players they have brought in, only one (Benzter, very good) has ever been more that a bottom feeder. Just sayin.

Third, what ever happended to Ashley Siddall who 'disappeared' from the roster after one season?

As Beachman said, Glass houses.

Perhaps the anger is at the fact UCI's athletics dept is reeling in red ink and they have tightened the screws on scholarships. Thus a frustration that another school (who's coach personally fundraises all the int'l money) is beating them because his own coach runs camp for his pocket and not the program.

Lastly, I personally have been to four CWS with LB. How about you Mr. Agenda? Ever personally been to Omaha? Can you name the stadium prior to this year? Scoreboard.

Last edited by form : Jun 13th, 2011 at 04:33 AM.
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 13th, 2011, 06:05 AM   #32
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

I think this thread should be for noteworthy transfers, and is not limited to schools with 5 transfers.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 09:35 AM   #33
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sE View Post

I have seen them compete several times, and the UCI girls seem to be hard-working classy young ladies and I have found Coach Edles to be a very approachable and pleasant person. I had the chance to talk with him a tournament a few years ago and have always cheered for his teams to do well.
I thought you were in England

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 01:01 PM   #34
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

From, not IN
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 02:49 PM   #35
country flag form

Mr. Agenda's hidden exodus

[quote=form;19714619]Third, what ever happended to Ashley Siddall who 'disappeared' from the roster after one season?[/b]QUOTE]

My bad... Mr. Agenda I apologize. UCI does not have one player that disappeared from the roster in the last five years. You have FOUR exit early in the last five years

2006 NZ player fr. Ashley Siddall... one year
2007 Brazilian player fr. Liege Veiera.... one year
2010 # 2 singles transfer after one year... fr. April Bisharat
2010 # 3-4 singles 'disappered from roster ... jr. Brooke Bartlett

UCI - 4 exit in 5 years including two int'l players you find so disturbing.

Just for the record... Glass house
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 03:50 PM   #36
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

I wish this thread could get back on track.
Good things that UCI has had a few international players. International students and players certainly do enrich our society and school, and it is not inconsistent with that nearly universal sentiment to also feel that something is wrong when a state school has almost exclusively foreign players.

Gouci, could you list the Miami transfers?
Old Jun 15th, 2011, 04:27 AM   #37
country flag Alaskan

Alaskan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Mr. Agenda's hidden exodus

OOOOOOOH Gouci, I'll bet that this post hurt!
Alaskan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 09:29 PM   #38
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
LMU with 10+ transferring IN

13 transferred in over 9 seasons

2000-01

1. Andrea Lord - jr. transfer from Mississippi State

2. Edit Pakay ITF 85 - so. transfer from Florida

2001-02

3. Georgina Dinham WTA 1162 - jr. #1 transfer from Marymount College

2003-04

4. Carla Arguelles WTA 548 - jr. #5 transfer from Cal

2005-06

5. Pavla Mesterova - so. #1 transfer from Texas Arlington

6. Shawnell Russell - so. transfer from Marymount College

2006-07

7. Natalie Tejada - jr. #1 transfer from Ventura Community College

2007-08

8. Tina Razloznik - jr. transfer from Arizona.

2008-09

9. Jane Pringle ITF 337 - jr. #8 transfer from Texas

10. Estelle LaPorte 4 star 145 - so. transfer from Santa Monica City College

2009-10

11. Melissa Valenzuela ITF 324 - jr. #5 transfer from Sacramento St.

2010-11

12. April Bisharat 5 star 36 - so. #2 transfer from UC Irvine

13. Ashley Anderson 3 star 108 - RS jr. WO transfer from Washington
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2011, 11:43 PM   #39
country flag 2nd_serve

Re:

Impressive information,

LMU with 10+ transferring IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
13 transferred in over 9 seasons

2000-01

1. Andrea Lord - jr. transfer from Mississippi State

2. Edit Pakay ITF 85 - so. transfer from Florida

2001-02

3. Georgina Dinham WTA 1162 - jr. #1 transfer from Marymount College

2003-04

4. Carla Arguelles WTA 548 - jr. #5 transfer from Cal

2005-06

5. Pavla Mesterova - so. #1 transfer from Texas Arlington

6. Shawnell Russell - so. transfer from Marymount College

2006-07

7. Natalie Tejada - jr. #1 transfer from Ventura Community College

2007-08

8. Tina Razloznik - jr. transfer from Arizona.

2008-09

9. Jane Pringle ITF 337 - jr. #8 transfer from Texas

10. Estelle LaPorte 4 star 145 - so. transfer from Santa Monica City College

2009-10

11. Melissa Valenzuela ITF 324 - jr. #5 transfer from Sacramento St.

2010-11

12. April Bisharat 5 star 36 - so. #2 transfer from UC Irvine

13. Ashley Anderson 3 star 108 - RS jr. WO transfer from Washington
Old Jun 25th, 2011, 07:38 PM   #40
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
SMU with 10+ transferring In

11 transferred in over 8 seasons

2000-01

1. Kit Carson WTA 765 - fr. transfer from Texas A&M

2001-02

2. Lynsie Jones - fr. transfer from Fresno St.

2002-03

3. Brooke Rambally - fr. transfer from Texas A&M

4. Halley Rambally - fr. transfer from Texas A&M

2004-05

5. Jennifer Chay - so. #1 transfer from TCU

2005-06

6. Georgiana Marta - jr. #1 transfer from Campbell University

2007-08

7. Nicole Briceno ITF 387 - so. #2 transfer from Alabama

8. Ksenia Tokarieva ITF 221 - jr. #2 transfer from Mississippi

2008-09

9. Sophie Quist - jr. #1 transfer from Ball St.

2010-11

10. Heather Steinbauer 5 star 28 - jr. #3 transfer from Vanderbilt

11. Ashley Turpin 5 star 27 - jr. #8 transfer from Texas A&M
Old Jun 25th, 2011, 09:58 PM   #41
country flag 2nd_serve

Thanks for the info Gouci, Has the SMU transfer in pattern been under the same poach, eh, I mean coach?
Old Jun 26th, 2011, 09:22 PM   #42
country flag gouci

The current SMU head coach has been there for 5 years. But she was an assistant at SMU for 3 years before taking over as head coach. Maybe the previous SMU head coach taught the pupil all the tricks of the trade.

When the current SMU head coach took over I believe she was the youngest head coach in the country so she probably needed to get some sort of edge.

SMU & LMU, with 10+ each, are "transfer IN" capitals of women's college tennis.

Long Beach St., with 13 exiting over 7 seasons, is the "exit OUT" capital of women's college tennis.
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 02:02 AM   #43
country flag davidjaime

davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice

South Carolina loses from roster #4 Madeleine Saari-Byström of Sweden.

She is playing in a 25,000 ITF in Sweden on the Qualies and next plays Jacqueline Cako of ASU
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 03:45 PM   #44
country flag form

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
Long Beach St., with 13 exiting over 7 seasons, is the "exit OUT" capital of women's college tennis.
Long Beach St. with 8 league titles in the last 10 years, 11 consecutive conference finals and 11 consecutive years with national rankings. I like where the program is at.

However, again your '13 exiting' number includes walk on's and three girls that retired from tennis voluntarily and returned to their foreign countries (where each has since graduated from college). Which is better... milking a scholarship or retiring and getting your degree without stealing the money?

There goes that bitter AGENDA again. 1-14-1* must really trouble you.
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 12:53 PM   #45
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

Including the two transfers they are getting for the upcoming year it looks like TCU will have FIVE transfers on their current roster.

Do you think girls simply want to transfer to the Dallas area or are SMU and TCU poaching?
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote