Transfers to and from Schools - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 11th, 2011, 03:22 PM   #16
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Long Beach State exodus

13 exited over 7 seasons

2002-03

1. Anastasia Dvornikova WTA 721 - jr. #1 turned pro

2. Alena Dvornikova WTA 1105 - jr. #3 turned pro

2003-04

3. Alena Kovalchuk WTA 955 - jr. #1 removed from roster

4. Laura Thomas - jr. #2 removed from roster

5. Megan Biorkman - so. #3/4 transferred to Boise St.

2005-06

6. Alanah Carroll - jr. #4/5 transferred to Boise St.

7. Nicoleta Ratiu WTA 957 - so. #6 removed from roster

2006-07

8. Nina Burgoon 3 star 159 - fr. #9 transferred to College of Charleston

2007-08

9. Katy Williams ITF 666 - jr. #2 transferred to UNLV

10. Denise Liebschner - so. #8 transferred to Seton Hall

2008-09

11. Stephanie Jeanes WTA 1107 - so. #4 transferred to University of Technology, Sydney (Australia)

12. Lisa Haegele WTA 864 - so. #8 transferred to University of Heidelberg (Germany)

2009-10

13. Lisa Sutton ITF 455 - jr. #6 transferred to Campbell
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 11th, 2011, 04:53 PM   #17
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all
Re: 5 or more transfers club

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
I was going to name the thread "5 or more transfers club."

UCI's Charles Jock is racing for an NCAA individual title in the 800 meters today at 6:20 Pacific Time. I was just planning to watch that race before starting this thread.

For the record I'll add to this thread as a request and NOT because of an agenda.
Hey, but the way you formatted it and decided to go back 8 seasons. . .
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2011, 04:58 PM   #18
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Transfers to and from Schools

^ he just can't help it

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 06:04 PM   #19
country flag form

form has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
^ he just can't help it
Here is my list:
2002 - BW Champs upsetting UCI
2003 - BW runner up beating UCI in semis
2004 - BW Champs beating UCI
2005 - BW Champs
2006 - BW Champs beating UCI
2007 - BW Champs
2008 - BW Champs beating UCI
2009 - BW Champs beating UCI
2010 - BW regular season champs*
2011 - BW Champs beating UCI

As said before, amazing someone is so fixated on one mid major program?

Usual notes to clarify Mr. Agenda:
- Burgoon was a walk on and never played (other than fall tournies)
- I love how girls quitting tennis and returning home to other countries is 'removed from roster.' Thomas, Jeanes and Haegele all went home and got degrees (and one got married) while retiring from tennis. Oh wait, that is wrong? Two of three were high line up players but decided to go in another direction with their lives? Sort of like changing your major while in school as you mature and choose something else? Talk about 'looking for boogers'.
- Two on list were dismissed for 'significant' issues outside of tennis I am told. I applaud the LB coach... there are other options if you do not wish to be here.
- Liebschner went from # 8 to # 1 at Seton Hall. Sutton went from # 6 to # 1 at Campbell (less intense tennis).
- Honestly forgot about Kovalchuk; that was a beauty of a situation as I recall...

14-1-1*

Last edited by form : Jun 12th, 2011 at 06:23 PM.
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 06:18 PM   #20
country flag form

Quote:
reserved 13

I mean really? Now it is necessary to book mark your future comment spots in advance... sort of like 'this is my ball and you can't play with it.'

Really?

Old Jun 12th, 2011, 06:20 PM   #21
country flag form

Re: Teams with 5+ transferring OUT

Quote:
Teams with 5+ transferring OUT = 1

Long Beach State - 13 exited across 8 seasons 2002-03 to 2009-10.

Here is my list:
2002 - BW Champs upsetting UCI
2003 - BW runner up beating UCI in semis
2004 - BW Champs beating UCI
2005 - BW Champs
2006 - BW Champs beating UCI
2007 - BW Champs
2008 - BW Champs beating UCI
2009 - BW Champs beating UCI
2010 - BW regular season champs*
2011 - BW Champs beating UCI

14-1-1*

Old Jun 12th, 2011, 07:07 PM   #22
country flag RobertCB

RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice

Gouci's constant attacks on LBSU just points out that he and UCI is the red headed stepchild of the Big West. I guess when you have nothing to brag about you just attack the perennial champion, pretty pathetic.
RobertCB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 07:49 PM   #23
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

I hesitate to defend GOUCI because he/she has some views that I definitely disagree with but I do think UCI and Mike Edles does a great job with what he is trying to accomplish, which is be as competitive as you can be with an American roster and develop and graduate good kids.

I have seen them compete several times, and the UCI girls seem to be hard-working classy young ladies and I have found Coach Edles to be a very approachable and pleasant person. I had the chance to talk with him a tournament a few years ago and have always cheered for his teams to do well. I actually admire him for having an idea of what he thinks is "right" and sticking with it.

I think GOUCI is just a bitter fan that, rather than be like Coach Edles and resign himself to the fact that you're just not going to win the conference on a regular basis with American girls, and just make the most of what you have (which is usually a very good team)...instead GOUCI attacks others as if UCI is the only "clean" rider in the race and everyone else is doping...except no one else is cheating, they're just using a more successful strategy.

GOUCI you're coming off like the last player to use wood racquets, complaining that these new metal racquets just aren't "real tennis"!
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 08:03 PM   #24
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Can we keep the threads a little be more on track? Yes, I'm sometimes entertained by the feud between the UCI and LBS forces on this board, but I prefer not to see the feud brought into so many threads.

P.S. Same as 10sE, I also found coach Edles to be very approachable and a pleasant person when I had a chance to speak to him at a tournament a few years ago. But for cheering the local team, I'll take the role of a UC Davis fan, and say they are improving.

So Gouci, could you list the player who transferred into UCI in this thread??
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 11:48 PM   #25
country flag beachman49

beachman49 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
So Gouci, could you list the player who transferred into UCI in this thread??
As well as the two that left with a transfer and a regular that quit despite the pseudo-championship season.

Glass house
beachman49 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 11:51 PM   #26
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCB View Post
Gouci's constant attacks on LBSU just points out that he and UCI is the red headed stepchild of the Big West. I guess when you have nothing to brag about you just attack the perennial champion, pretty pathetic.
Rob interesting that you percieve this thread as an attack when I've only listed down facts and on this thread haven't included any opinions good or bad about Long Beach State.

I'll repeat myself since some didn't catch it the 1st time. For the record I'm doing this thread at the request of others and NOT because of an agenda.

This thread is to list teams that have had 5 or more transfers. Can anyone here think of a team that has had 5+ players transfer out over a 6 year period? Miami, Long Beach St. & Florida are the only teams that come to mind off the top of my head. 2nd serve listed Miami, I listed LBS and will be listing down Florida next.

Rob if you think this thread is an attack maybe it's a reflection of your own guilty consciences about Long Beach St. being like a revolving door with 13 players having left of which I had nothing to do with.
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 11:54 PM   #27
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Alina Jermojina of Georgia seems to be a prospective player that might transfer in the near future. I can't see her cracking the line-up next year with Herring coming in. Anyone have any leads/news on her?
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 12:18 AM   #28
country flag gouci

Hey beachman you're a LBS baseball season ticket holder right? Will Long Beach St. ever advance to the Super Regionals again in your lifetime?

Well good news for the Big West. UCI just defeated national #1 seed Virginia 6-4 in Game 2 of that Super Regional!
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 02:04 AM   #29
country flag RobertCB

RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice RobertCB is just really nice

Reserved for future comment.
RobertCB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 03:39 AM   #30
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCB View Post
Reserved for future comment.
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote