Grass is always green on Kiri's lawn - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 13th, 2011, 11:50 AM   #61
country flag Luos

Luos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Grass is always green on Kiri's lawn

Kimiko's game is well-suited to grass as everyone has said but she had no confidence whatsoever coming into the match (7 losses in a row, struggling to get any wins this on tour this year) and it showed in the first set at times in my opinion but Maria still insisted on giving it away with her gameplan of coming into the net to initiate something, rather than just moving forward to finish off any weak replies. I thought Kimiko looked fairly shaky at times in the standard baseline to baseline rallies and made a few errors but she hardly missed a passing shot all day and she's deadly in the midcourt.

Maria even got passed 3 or 4 times in a row near the end of the tiebreak from what I remember, so yeah ...

Good points well made Howard. I just think that because she's uncomfortable on grass she tries to implement some generic grass game of serving and volleying, getting to net etc etc and everyone here knows how that goes by now. With the way grass plays nowadays she'd probably do better just playing the way she does on hard courts imo. She might never be good on grass but her game is adaptable enough for her results to be better than they are...
Luos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 13th, 2011, 12:12 PM   #62
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luos View Post
Good points well made Howard. I just think that because she's uncomfortable on grass she tries to implement some generic grass game of serving and volleying, getting to net etc etc and everyone here knows how that goes by now. With the way grass plays nowadays she'd probably do better just playing the way she does on hard courts imo. She might never be good on grass but her game is adaptable enough for her results to be better than they are...
Yes her normal game is quite versatile I think and sufficient to win some matches on grass and most of the other players are not comfortable on grass either. It's obvious that when she is trying to play a "classic" grass tennis, it's a terrible fail (Quasi-constant Serve & volley with her serve is suicide anyway...).

I hope she will play HER game at Wimbledon, with a normal draw she really could win at least 1 or 2 matches

Today it was really a caricature of how to badly immitate a grass player

She can't continue that way, damn play YOUR game Maria.
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 12:13 PM   #63
country flag Nikkiri

Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute

She just plays stupid on grass.. don't bother listening to the dumb illiterate fucks in GM. Pretending they know everything about tennis and thinking that gives them a right to run a player down into the ground.
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 12:17 PM   #64
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiristea. View Post
She just plays stupid on grass.. don't bother listening to the dumb illiterate fucks in GM. Pretending they know everything about tennis and thinking that gives them a right to run a player down into the ground.
Silly question : What's GM ?
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 12:20 PM   #65
country flag Nikkiri

Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute

General Messages. Apparently Kiri is getting a good ripping... I wouldn't know as I refuse to go there anymore.
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 12:44 PM   #66
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

As much as I expected Kiri to lose to Kimiko considering it's grass season, it's still kinda lame that she wasted that lead in the TB.
Quote:
Yah that's so so true. So much pretentiousness in there.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 03:21 PM   #67
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation

Ugh Maria.
Have a better Wimbledon?
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 03:36 PM   #68
country flag Remix13

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Aaron View Post
Ugh Maria.
Have a better Wimbledon?
Wimbledon can't be worse

The problem is she has 3rd round points to defend.
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 03:41 PM   #69
country flag MaKi

MaKi is just really nice MaKi is just really nice MaKi is just really nice MaKi is just really nice MaKi is just really nice MaKi is just really nice MaKi is just really nice MaKi is just really nice MaKi is just really nice MaKi is just really nice MaKi is just really nice

She can't defend her points if she keeps playing like today...
MaKi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 02:13 PM   #70
country flag Nikkiri

Barrois and Woehr won doubles 5-2 Retirement..
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 02:16 PM   #71
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Barrois and Woehr won doubles 5-2 Retirement..
Uh oh.

Who needed the retirement?
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 02:25 PM   #72
country flag Remix13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Uh oh.

Who needed the retirement?
I hope it's not Maria

Anyway retirement is always sad
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 04:13 PM   #73
country flag DAVAJ MKirilenko
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute

Monica was injured, she shouldn't even play. I guess it's the shoulder cause she couldn't serve. Frustrating week. Seeing Maria twice and both losses. I hope for at least 1 win at Wimbledon cause grass isn's hers.

1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
DAVAJ MKirilenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 04:23 PM   #74
country flag DAVAJ MKirilenko
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute DAVAJ MKirilenko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix13 View Post
With your support, Maria can't lose !

Have a good day at Den Bosch
My suppoert doesn't help much on grass. I saw her lose againtst Cirstea, Dementieva, Flipkens and now Date. Ilm begging a friend to come with me, but he was only at the Olaru match last year. So I blame him big time

1. Ana Ivanovic

2. Maria Kirilenko
3. Anastasija Sevastova
DAVAJ MKirilenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 04:30 PM   #75
country flag Remix13

Hopefully she's not injured (too bad for Niculescu tough )

Nice list of Maria's losses on grass

May the gods be with her at Wimbledon