Banana Bobusic 4 Eva! (Bojana Bobusic Cheering Thread) - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 30th, 2011, 03:39 AM   #91
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Jovana Bobus 4 Eva! (Bojana Bobusic Cheering Thread)

She lost . No doubt she was nervous at the start. But thought it would have been closer. Oh well go experience for her.
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 30th, 2011, 03:41 AM   #92
country flag Chilenaitor

Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future

good match, what is her next tournaments??
Chilenaitor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 03:42 AM   #93
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Jovana goes down 1-6 6-7. Disappointing that she couldn't win the 2nd but still, a pretty decent effort all round. And yes, like SammyC said, you can sorta see that she doesn't crumble that easily like Liv or some of the other Aussie girls might. E.g. serving a 4-4, she held to love then at 5-4, held serve after DFing at 15-15. Most other Aussie girls would have been much wobblier at that point, imho.

Overall, a good effort from Jovana in her WTA debut. I still say she's doing everything right to get herself an AO MDWC.
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 03:42 AM   #94
country flag Sam21

Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all

much better second set from Bojana. pretty disappointing that she couldn't put some more pressure on Nina's serve at 5-4 and 6-5 and her break point conversions, was it 1/8? i reckon there were a few nerves since it was her first WTA level match, and we'll see how she does next week. she's playing Hobart right?
Sam21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 04:01 AM   #95
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

I agree with the all the coments above. Some of the others would have completely capitulated after losing the first set 6/1 but Jovana kept fighting and a tight second set result resulted. Well done indeed.
scottsue is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 04:19 AM   #96
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Just looking at the stats the match must have been tight. Bobusic had 8 break points whille her oppenent only had 4.
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

Old Dec 30th, 2011, 05:04 AM   #97
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Expected result. Though in regards to the score, very similar to Patterson in 2011 - let's hope she has learnt from this experience and can put in a better performance across two sets in her next match
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 05:12 AM   #98
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Yes an expected result, but I'm pleased to see Boj put up a fight and didn't surrender. This is new territory for her. Despite the loss I hope she enjoyed the experience
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 02:10 PM   #99
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Shame she couldnt sneak out that second set as I would of put money on her claiming the win, Boj just needs to believe she can keep with and beat these girls and start competing at this level a lot more...

Hopefully she can have more success in Hobart next week...
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2012, 12:11 AM   #100
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future

Bojana can definitely compete with upper level ITF players like Bratchikova from the baseline, however her serve is truly atrocious! She also really needs to improve her defensive game. I don't know how many running fh's she smacked into the net instead of top spinning back deep. Also her instincts weren't on. Bratchikova wasn't the greatest at dealing with variety and luckily for her, she didn't have to deal with any.
If Bojana was awarded a MD AO WC and drew a top 40 player, I don't think it'd be pretty.
Give her a qualy WC, fair enough. But a hammering in the MD wouldn't do her any good in the long run.
If she can keep improving this year, then maybe they'd consider her for next year.

She has nice groundstrokes and tenacity, but poor variety, defensive game and serve. She definitely has many things that she can easily improve. So it should be good to see her ranking high enough for grand slam qualies soon. Just don't expect much from her at levels higher than ITFs for a little while yet.
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 04:38 PM   #101
country flag Chilenaitor

Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future Chilenaitor has a brilliant future

yesterday he lost in 3 sets against watson.. she plays AO qualies wc?
Chilenaitor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2012, 04:01 AM   #102
country flag Chris93

She drew Kerber round of AO. Tough match

Old Jan 17th, 2012, 06:09 AM   #103
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

Boj on court now. Stream here
http://www.lshunter.tv/index.php?opt...pup&Itemid=327

Hitting the ball well, some great winners to start the match. She seems to be in the right mindset, just hope she stays consistent since its not her usual style of play.

DATE-KRUMM ERAKOVIC KUZNETSOVA BARTY SANDERS

ROGOWSKA ZAKOPALOVA PIRONKOVA JANKOVIC DELLACQUA
Keadz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 06:13 AM   #104
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

Making it a bit to easy for Kerber, was always going to be a tough task though.

Old Jan 17th, 2012, 06:53 AM   #105
country flag Keadz

Much better play in the 2nd set. 1-6 3-3. Getting some cheap points on serve which helps.

Just missed 2 break points for 4-2, predicting she will fade away here.