Moderator - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 4th, 2011, 03:47 PM   #1
country flag Ryan
NeverWoz

Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys!

Hope everyone enjoyed the French Open Final I'm sure the site will be crashing on and off for awhile, but hopefully it doesn't interfere with getting a chance to read this thread.

We noticed that you guys were looking for a Moderator for this Player Forum, so the Admins and I talked about it, and they've decided that I'll be Moderating Caroline's forum from now on.

I expressed interest in taking the responsibility for a few reasons. First of all, I'm a huge Caroline fan; it really is only fair to the fanbase to have someone who likes the player be in charge of handling edits/deletions/quarrels in the respective forum.

Second of all, I think Caroline (and her fans) do take a lot of crap in GM etc, so it's important to have a place where you can go and "escape" that. For the most part Player Forums are pretty respectful, but sometimes other people can come in and be rude. So I just want you to know that I'll make sure this is a respectful environment; anyone can come in here and post, but rude or disrespectful posts (from fans or non-fans alike) won't be tolerated. If there is a productive discussion taking place I obviously won't stop a "non fan" from coming in and posting, but there will be a line that people can cross.

That's pretty much it, just wanted to introduce myself to you guys (most of you know me/are HUGE fans, I'm sure ), and let you know my thoughts on Moderating here.

If there's ever an issue with something, PM me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Reporting Posts is really the best way to report a problem; if I'm not online, an Admin can make the change requested as well. So between PMing me and Reporting Posts, things should go pretty smoothly I hope.

Now you can all tell me how happy you are to have me here. Right? I'm sure me not being mentioned in your shortlist of potential Moderators was just an oversight.

Seriously though, I think its important to have someone who is a Fan, but is also impartial, Moderate here. I won't cater to anyone or any "camp", and will do my best to Moderate fairly. Thanks guys.
Ryan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 4th, 2011, 04:08 PM   #2
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Moderator

Well I can say that I feel much better knowing that a person from the greatest country in the world will be our moderator.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2011, 04:20 PM   #3
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Well I can say that I feel much better knowing that a person from the greatest country in the world will be our moderator.
DIAH,you're a lyin' bugger--you told the Yanks we'd sell 'em two of those naval boats...and we barely got ONE,ehhhh??

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2011, 04:45 PM   #4
country flag EnerBC

EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all

Ohh, I see.
The plot thickens...
You canadians are out to steal Caro from us :evil:
You shall not succeed!!!

Anyways, good to have a mod here, as long as you do your job we will get along just fine hehe
EnerBC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2011, 06:22 PM   #5
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnerBC View Post
Ohh, I see.
The plot thickens...
You canadians are out to steal Caro from us :evil:
You shall not succeed!!!

Anyways, good to have a mod here, as long as you do your job we will get along just fine hehe
Hey, we are just a "c" and an "i" away from having our very own homegrown Wozniacki.

Old Jun 4th, 2011, 08:28 PM   #6
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ryan, Long time no see, welcome back to Caroville.

Can we throw general admin tasks at you too?
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2011, 09:04 PM   #7
country flag The Reff

The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all

Hi Ryan

Just glad to have a moderator in here - so you're met with joy from this end :-)
Old Jun 4th, 2011, 09:41 PM   #8
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Thank Ryan. That's good we have you as a moderator here.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2011, 01:18 AM   #9
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Really offensive post.

even more offensive

Test post.

Last edited by Burisleif : Jun 5th, 2011 at 02:04 AM. Reason: reported 0219, 0303
Old Jun 5th, 2011, 01:35 AM   #10
country flag The Reff

The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Really offensive post.

even more offensive

Test post.
Old Jun 5th, 2011, 01:55 AM   #11
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reff View Post
Yep.

See other thread.
Old Jun 6th, 2011, 06:04 PM   #12
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Hey guys!
Good to have a mod here now. I have a feeling you'll be spending quite a bit of time here during Wimbledon.

Sorry for not having you on my shortlist. Nothing personal.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2011, 06:08 PM   #13
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
Good to have a mod here now. I have a feeling you'll be spending quite a bit of time here during Wimbledon.

Sorry for not having you on my shortlist. Nothing personal.
Not if Caroline wins it. Stay positive!

Old Jun 6th, 2011, 06:13 PM   #14
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't she a bit injured there, last year? Or was she past that, when she lost that match, we don't mention in here?
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2011, 06:39 PM   #15
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
Wasn't she a bit injured there, last year? Or was she past that, when she lost that match, we don't mention in here?
I couldn't say one way or the other but if you are referring to the ankle injury she suffered in Charleston I think she must have been over it. I think the injury occurred on April 17. She made the quarters at the French Open (she was eliminated on June 1) and made the fourth round at Wimbledon (she was eliminated on June 28). If she did that on an injured ankle her result this year at the French Open is even more disappointing.