Your (realisitc) hopes for 2011 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 26th, 2010, 09:54 PM   #1
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute
Your (realisitc) hopes for 2011

For me

A grand slam QF, preferably at the US open
Another Premier title (or at least an international title)
No tanking
Minimal retirements
To beat a players she's never beaten before but lost to multiple time
A top 15 end of year finish

Zvonareva Kleybanova Mattek-Sands

Niculescu Lisicki Razzano Koukalova Errani

Baltacha (RIP) Robson Watson Gent Konta and the rest of the Brits
Marionated is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 27th, 2010, 04:23 AM   #2
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Your (realisitc) hopes for 2011

To answer your question,I don't have the first f--king clue what to expect/hope for.....You can see by my sig that I'm drawn to unpredictable,hopelessly inconsistent WTA Queens....I guess that I hope for Marion to 'pull a Schiavone' in 2011.I don't think that Fran is truly Top 10 caliber....Top 20 or Top 15,maybe...but that's her ceiling....I'd say that she was very lucky with some draws this year and,if Elena hadn't been injured,Fran's run would've stopped in the semis at RG and she would've missed out on YEC,almost for sure.I don't dislike her as a person;I simply don't feel that she's as good as her current ranking.....Basically,if Fran can do it,then Marion can catch some breaks,too,and shock the world.....What if Venus had had THIS year's injuries in 2007??....We'd be saluting 'Wimbledon Champion Marion Bartoli'.....sigh,etc.

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Fare thee well, Li
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 11:05 AM   #3
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

- To actually play stuff and stop thinking that shes too good for MMs. Her schedule backfired massively this year.
- To stop playing New Haven.
- A title.
- Top 20 finish.
- Stay above that bitch Rezai for the year. (like that'll be hard after Madrid )
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 01:06 PM   #4
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

To at least play Monterrey,Mexico(hard court) if she's not in the mood for clay(Acapulco,Mexico).Since Marion didn't come back this year,she's still defending champion...in a manner of speaking

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Fare thee well, Li
Old Nov 5th, 2010, 03:17 PM   #5
country flag leviathane

leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of

ok now she is sure to finish top 16 this year
she has no points to defend first week in 2011 and with retired Dementieva and injured Aga she will be in top 16, for sure i hope, in AO.

Chanda Rubin ,Monica Niculescu, Kritina Mladenovic, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Vera Zvonareva, Kimiko, Martina Hingis , Stephanie Foretz, Laura Thorpe, Caroline Garcia, Patty Schnyder, Dinara Safina, Aravane Rezai, Ahsha Rolle, Arena Rodionova, Tatiana Golovin
leviathane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2010, 03:27 PM   #6
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

Marion is probably now like every year far from tennis on a beach (Maldives, Mauritius or Seychelles, ....). The only thing we know is that she will offer one of her racquets for a good cause (telethon : genetic diseases) in Divonne les Bains (her team in France) december 4th : http://twitter.com/bartolifanblog

And that she will modify her schedule like she said after US open.

As long as she's competitive, she will be focused on the big win (like Fran). She was so close in 2007 and she keeps in mind that she can do it in a short run.

Last edited by Lighter : Nov 5th, 2010 at 03:34 PM.
Lighter is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2010, 05:19 PM   #7
country flag bruce goose

Forgot to add: I'd prefer that Marion would be competitive enough that we could focus on cheering for her victories......instead of hoping for others to lose

Fare thee well, Li
Old Nov 11th, 2010, 12:04 PM   #8
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Forgot to add: I'd prefer that Marion would be competitive enough that we could focus on cheering for her victories......instead of hoping for others to lose
I agree with this! I think we need some more positivity - allthough it needs to start with Marion herself as there's only so much dissapointment I can take before I get mad!
Old Nov 13th, 2010, 02:29 AM   #9
country flag Renalicious
goatra

Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute

At least a SF or better in one of the slams.

serena, jankovic, venus, na, hsieh, date-krumm, jovanovski
makarova, diatchenko, halep, goerges and kvitova

My Youtube Channel
Renalicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2010, 05:16 AM   #10
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizé Molik View Post
I agree with this! I think we need some more positivity - allthough it needs to start with Marion herself as there's only so much dissapointment I can take before I get mad!
'Disappointment' has one 'S' and two 'P's,Amigo....but I think that I see your point.Marion has to do something pronounced to show us that she's headed for positive results if she expects to get maximum enthusiasm from us.I've given up on her replacing Pop with a normal coach,so she'll have to drum up something else to improve on last year's unsteady course

Fare thee well, Li
Old Nov 13th, 2010, 08:08 AM   #11
country flag Marionated

Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute Marionated has a reputation beyond repute

It just seems to me that her career has stalled.

Year end rankings:
2007 10
2008 17
2009 11
2010 16

And she probably only has a few good years left in her.

Old Nov 13th, 2010, 12:46 PM   #12
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronoc View Post
And she probably only has a few good years left in her.
I think that has more to do with Marion's mental state than her age...as of now,at least

Fare thee well, Li
Old Nov 13th, 2010, 07:32 PM   #13
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Aint nothing wrong for liking that flukey wench lose!
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 08:53 PM   #14
country flag leviathane

leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of leviathane has much to be proud of

Marion needs your support, please :cheer2:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=423486

last year she was the last in overall ranking

Chanda Rubin ,Monica Niculescu, Kritina Mladenovic, Svetlana Kuznetsova, Vera Zvonareva, Kimiko, Martina Hingis , Stephanie Foretz, Laura Thorpe, Caroline Garcia, Patty Schnyder, Dinara Safina, Aravane Rezai, Ahsha Rolle, Arena Rodionova, Tatiana Golovin
leviathane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2010, 10:02 PM   #15
country flag Marionated

Already voted.

1 on my list

She won't win most hated but will probably be in top 5.