We could do with our own Mod(s) here. Comments, suggestions please. - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 16th, 2012, 08:49 PM   #91
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: We could do with our own Mod(s) here. Comments, suggestions please.

Yeah, GM mods are way too lax. Even thread titles get very offensive.
Some of the posters are just childish and insult players to get noticed. They could easily make a point without the aggressive insults. And its for a lot of players.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 16th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #92
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the bottom line is they need people to come to this site. Money talks, sad as it is. But I have decided to help the situation by not feeding the trolls. I won't contribute into GM threads which are regarding Caro as much anymore because there's nobody to talk with in a sensible manner.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 09:32 PM   #93
country flag Malva

Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute Malva has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt that the administrators' inertia has anything to do with their concern for 'money'. Lots of internet fora exist supported by paid advertisements yet many enforce quite vigorously their rules of conduct.

I expect that quite a number of potential forum participants is actually repelled or silenced by what they witness going on at GM. That area which is at the same time the most visible part of the forum, has been completely conceded by the administrators to the vilest. If it is attracting anybody to the forum, it is possibly mainly similarly negative characters.
Malva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 09:52 PM   #94
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malva View Post
I doubt that the administrators' inertia has anything to do with their concern for 'money'. Lots of internet fora exist supported by paid advertisements yet many enforce quite vigorously their rules of conduct.

I expect that quite a number of potential forum participants is actually repelled or silenced by what they witness going on at GM. That area which is at the same time the most visible part of the forum, has been completely conceded by the administrators to the vilest. If it is attracting anybody to the forum, it is possibly mainly similarly negative characters.
A little while ago I had a little conversation by PM with one of the GM mods and he said that he knows many people who don't even go there anymore.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2012, 03:35 AM   #95
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Well, the bottom line is they need people to come to this site. Money talks, sad as it is. But I have decided to help the situation by not feeding the trolls. I won't contribute into GM threads which are regarding Caro as much anymore because there's nobody to talk with in a sensible manner.
I understand the argument that by allowing vile GM comments and lack of moderation, GM sees large number of hits and advertisement on the threads sell.

But does it really? Those people who post vile comments and the people, who go to GM for the drama, vile comments etc, are they really the target audience for the ads shown?

I am involved in a small e-marketing venture myself and I can assure you, I would personally never put my name (nor money for that matter) to a site, which allows & implicit condones 'GM behaviour'.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1

Last edited by TennisFan66 : Feb 17th, 2012 at 03:40 AM.
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2012, 03:48 AM   #96
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

So did anyone contact Ryan about the comments recently made in this thread? Perhaps he could address some of them here.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2012, 05:34 AM   #97
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
I understand the argument that by allowing vile GM comments and lack of moderation, GM sees large number of hits and advertisement on the threads sell.

But does it really? Those people who post vile comments and the people, who go to GM for the drama, vile comments etc, are they really the target audience for the ads shown?

I am involved in a small e-marketing venture myself and I can assure you, I would personally never put my name (nor money for that matter) to a site, which allows & implicit condones 'GM behaviour'.
OK, but for some companies its quantity (hits) not quality (content) which matters so I think that this site can profit from that. Perhaps the mods are lenient because they are anti-Caroline themselves. I have seen a few of their comments which proved that.
Old Feb 17th, 2012, 07:40 AM   #98
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There were pedo jokes even in GM which is infested with her fans so if it can get a pass there why not in a player forum which is not hers
It is in a GM thread. You know the really funny one with all the pics. I wouldn't do it in here or in her player specific forum. And really, nobody takes the pedo jokes about Petra seriously, or thinks she's a childmolester for that matter.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2012, 08:30 AM   #99
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
It is in a GM thread. You know the really funny one with all the pics. I wouldn't do it in here or in her player specific forum. And really, nobody takes the pedo jokes about Petra seriously, or thinks she's a childmolester for that matter.
O yes, the "caption this" thread, right? I also used to contribute to that in earler days. I think it's ok to do such stuff there because it's specifically set up for laughs.

Caroline Wozniacki

Old Feb 17th, 2012, 09:09 AM   #100
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Fan section is for fans.
How do you feel about those people who are not fans, but not haters either? I mean it's very well possible that a neutral would like to discuss Caroline but feels, like most of us here actually, that it can't be done properly at GM because of all the trolling. Such a person might think to himself, "maybe I'll just go to her fan forum where we can talk in a civil manner without being constantly interrupted by idiots and their vile remarks."

Caroline Wozniacki

Old Feb 17th, 2012, 09:19 AM   #101
marineblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
How do you feel about those people who are not fans, but not haters either? I mean it's very well possible that a neutral would like to discuss Caroline but feels, like most of us here actually, that it can't be done properly at GM because of all the trolling. Such a person might think to himself, "maybe I'll just go to her fan forum where we can talk in a civil manner without being constantly interrupted by idiots and their vile remarks."
I think they can post civil things in the GM and discuss it there with other normal posters who go there. There is no reason why GM could not be civil,too is it?
The thing is that the usual trolls who come here are trying to pretend they are civil but since we have known them for a long time it's clear that they're not and are just after stirring up shit as someone here rightly pointed out.
Old Feb 17th, 2012, 09:29 AM   #102
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OK, but for some companies its quantity (hits) not quality (content) which matters so I think that this site can profit from that. Perhaps the mods are lenient because they are anti-Caroline themselves. I have seen a few of their comments which proved that.
I suppose the 'hits' discussion should really in non-tennis and mods topic, so I'll not reply to topic in this thread anymore.

As to the high lighted part. Oh yes. Very much so and probably not wise to go much further into that (unless we want to be perma banned ), but I too have had 'run ins' with mods on this site in regards to their trolling / uber anti-Caroline comments.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2012, 10:06 AM   #103
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
I think they can post civil things in the GM and discuss it there with other normal posters who go there. There is no reason why GM could not be civil,too is it?
The thing is that the usual trolls who come here are trying to pretend they are civil but since we have known them for a long time it's clear that they're not and are just after stirring up shit as someone here rightly pointed out.
Nope, there is no reason why GM couldn't be civil, but the fact of the matter is that it isn't. And yes, trolls come here to stir up shit, but that doesn't necessarily mean that EVERY visitor fits that category. Finding out who's a troll and who's just a neutral is very easy to do. You just have to go over their posting history, which can be done in five or ten minutes.

Caroline Wozniacki

Old Feb 17th, 2012, 12:01 PM   #104
marineblue

I know and I did that. But since I know people who posted here from GM there was no need.
Old Feb 17th, 2012, 12:02 PM   #105
marineblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
I suppose the 'hits' discussion should really in non-tennis and mods topic, so I'll not reply to topic in this thread anymore.

As to the high lighted part. Oh yes. Very much so and probably not wise to go much further into that (unless we want to be perma banned ), but I too have had 'run ins' with mods on this site in regards to their trolling / uber anti-Caroline comments.
Oh well, even if they troll that explains it all. Anyway, they should ensure that we do not get trolls here. I can't care less about GM.