We could do with our own Mod(s) here. Comments, suggestions please. - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 02:34 AM   #61
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: We could do with our own Mod(s) here. Comments, suggestions please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Yeah, 5 threads sticked in a Player Subforum is a little much, considering like Jimmie said they are the most frequented threads and stay near the top anyway. I think I'll look around the other player forums to get an idea of what they're like and see what we can work out.

bruce goose, can I ask what you mean by GM garbage of a gossipy nature?
Well,in my opinion,the 'Is Caro dating...' thread that was moved here fits that description pretty well.There are obviously lots of GM threads posed as questions where the thread-starter has no intention whatsoever of provoking any intelligent dialogue...and it's also fairly clear that none of the hard-core Caro fans--excluding GM trolls(as we should)--feel the need to start such mindless threads cuz isolated posts can easily cover the simplistic topic.......just look at the fact that Caro hasn't played for a couple weeks...hasn't been busy or making much news--and STILL that Moron-chat dating thread hasn't been touched for a few days

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 02:40 AM   #62
country flag Ryan
NeverWoz

Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, ok. Well if its actually in GM I can't do anything - I moderate here and Non-Tennis. If a thread thats basically GM trolls bashing Caro gets moved from GM to here, let me know. I can't promise I'll delete all of them (some may have good discussion or be worth continuing) but for the most part I'll keep this place clear of GM-removed crap.
Ryan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 02:50 AM   #63
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh, ok. Well if its actually in GM I can't do anything - I moderate here and Non-Tennis. If a thread thats basically GM trolls bashing Caro gets moved from GM to here, let me know. I can't promise I'll delete all of them (some may have good discussion or be worth continuing) but for the most part I'll keep this place clear of GM-removed crap.
That's fine,Ryan;I'm not asking you to go beyond your area of authority...and I doubt that others are,either.

I think we can agree that the aforementioned thread was NOT designed for deep discussion about Caro.It has a thin veneer of innocence as if the thread-starter were asking a question in order to gain information...but that's just pretentious crap...as are other "innocent questions" like 'Who was better at 21?Serena or Caro?'...or 'Is Caro worthy of the HOF?'....they should remain in the GM garbage bin along with other classics such as,'Will this Caro-hater ever move out of his parents' basement and get a job?'

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2012, 02:14 AM   #64
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Six months later, and I would like to thank the Mods team "aka Ryan" for jumping on intrusions (even if it was 7 days) here in the Caroline section.

Two questions. Ryan, could we please have a list of posters banned from this section for the record and future appraisal (in the very unlikely event that we as a body want them back),

Secondly, I would like to ask opinions on the new team in GM and specifically, the often familiar faces that tend to do there most to offend, and wether you all feel we are in fact represented and respected in terms of moderation in GM?
Old Feb 5th, 2012, 02:15 AM   #65
country flag Ryan
NeverWoz

Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute

Hey! I'll check with the Admins to find out exactly who's on the "banned" list here (its not immediately accessible to me) and get back to you ASAP.
Old Feb 5th, 2012, 02:17 AM   #66
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hey! I'll check with the Admins to find out exactly who's on the "banned" list here (its not immediately accessible to me) and get back to you ASAP.
Damn that was quick Thanks...
Old Feb 5th, 2012, 02:39 AM   #67
country flag Ryan
NeverWoz

I'm studying for one of my law school classes, no partying for me tonight.
Old Feb 5th, 2012, 02:50 AM   #68
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
I'm studying for one of my law school classes, no partying for me tonight.
Cool, which branch are you aiming for, and how far in are you?

2. Does it cover Canadian corporate liability for defamation of character on publicly available forums, and searchable media?

3. Have you met Gregor Robertson? Any opinion about the guy and his politics?
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 06:36 PM   #69
country flag Ryan
NeverWoz

Sorry for slow reply - will get you the info ASAP.

I'm in the second half of my first year (3-years to get a JD), so not very far along - but loving it though. Not sure what area I want to practice in, keeping my options open until I've had a chance to branch out and take some other classes.

I'll look into those questions, I'm kind of sick right now and can't even process them at this moment.

If anyone's bored, vote for me in MR TF? Dominated by Serena fans, mostly. http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...5#post20914355

Caro's looking hot watching Rory lately, I'm enjoying it.
Old Feb 7th, 2012, 06:42 PM   #70
country flag Burisleif

Get well asap.
Old Feb 9th, 2012, 01:48 AM   #71
country flag Ryan
NeverWoz

Hey guys,

So after consulting with the Admins - I can tell you that we have some people on a "Banned" list, but I'm not at liberty to name who they are. If you think there are people who we'd like to Add, please let me know and recommend them to me. Thats unfortunately all I can do at this point in time, hope thats OK!
Old Feb 9th, 2012, 04:09 AM   #72
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Hey guys,

So after consulting with the Admins - I can tell you that we have some people on a "Banned" list, but I'm not at liberty to name who they are. If you think there are people who we'd like to Add, please let me know and recommend them to me. Thats unfortunately all I can do at this point in time, hope thats OK!
Oh well, thanks for looking into it and for the future pointers.
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 07:45 AM   #73
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

I noticed that several non-fans are again trying to stir up trouble in rather patronising way. Can this be looked at? I am not happy seeing the usual suspect of GM coming here and telling us what we should be thinking.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 08:30 AM   #74
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
I noticed that several non-fans are again trying to stir up trouble in rather patronising way. Can this be looked at? I am not happy seeing the usual suspect of GM coming here and telling us what we should be thinking.
They should all be judged on an individual basis though. At least in my opinion. Non-fan isn't necessarily always the same as hater, and some of those messages were well intentionned "chin up, it's not that bad" type of posts. I've done those myself in the past on some fan forums of other players and I definitely wasn't trying to stir things up over there. Guest posters (so to speak) can be trolls of course, but others may also be sincere and if they are they can even make valuable contributions.

Just my opinion though. I don't want to be accused again of being too lenient when it comes to visitors. So this will be my last word on the matter.

Last edited by Chrissie-fan : Feb 16th, 2012 at 08:41 AM.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2012, 08:40 AM   #75
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
I reported 'goofeyduck' (?). I think that's his name. Something similar. That was yesterday and before I could even reply to his post that I'd reported him, it had been deleted. So kudos to mods for that.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote