We could do with our own Mod(s) here. Comments, suggestions please. - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 28th, 2011, 11:57 AM   #46
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: We could do with our own Mod(s) here. Comments, suggestions please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I didn't say that some fans support the place financially. I said that I support the place financially. I became a so-called "premium member" the other day, which costs 25 dollars. And what do you get back in return? Nothing more than the ability to choose a slightly bigger avatar. I was already enjoying the privilege to be pissed on by a bunch of psychotic trolls for free.
Ah-ha but having spent the twenty-five dollars now you may find that the "psychotic trolls" piss you off much quicker and easier than they did before. Membership does have it's privileges.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 28th, 2011, 12:36 PM   #47
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Ah-ha but having spent the twenty-five dollars now you may find that the "psychotic trolls" piss you off much quicker and easier than they did before. Membership does have it's privileges.
Yep, there are supposed to be some perks for premium members. I suppose this is one of them. There's also an extra message board that's available only to us. But nobody ever posts there except for to ask where or what the perks are.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 12:52 PM   #48
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
It seems to be like a mob mentality. There are a few kinda leaders and then a fair few others who just follow along with it.
Indeed it is, and certain moderators can stand there and pretend they aren't a factor all they want.

Quote:
Well, WTF are we even posting there? The mods obviously approve of the Caro bashing.
Take a look at this thread. Loads of posts ridiculing our girl, but as soon as I post a rather sarcastic (but perfectly polite) reply to all the crap (see the bottom of page three) the thread gets closed down within minutes.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=439076
Google. TF pops up like a beacon of absurdity. As long as it does, and as long as it's tainted by a minority narcissistic fans desperate at their own favorites abject failures, it's an issue.

The tread closure is a good thing imho, deletion would have been better. My thanks go ArturoAce, and your self for the effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reff View Post
I have noticed an (ever so slightly) increase in people stating annoyance with the amount of Caro bashing in forum, since the last clamp-down on trolling (claycourter, spiffy and lately slugga-something) and I have noticed that this has resulted in threads getting closed.
It has not exactly put things (bashing-wise) to a standstill, but they have calmed down a bit (wonder if the return of WS is also a factor) and threads are not allowed to flourish to quite the same extent.
It's not enough and there's a lot of putrid posting, but something has changed - or so it feels to me.
WS return is a factor because Trolls are getting banned when turning their efforts towards them. However a reduction in muggings on your doorstep isn't the same as a cessation. Onwards...
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 01:02 PM   #49
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yep, there are supposed to be some perks for premium members. I suppose this is one of them. There's also an extra message board that's available only to us. But nobody ever posts there except for to ask where or what the perks are.
What's more absurd is that an offensive post might result in a short ban for a "special dynamic member" but they are then allowed to return will all the credits, reputation, and privileges that they had before the temporary ban.

Also, the number of new member who instantly develop an intimate knowledge of the nature of the place and adopt an almost identical offensive stance to a recently departed member is well, 'spiritually enlightening' I never really believed in reincarnation for TF, but how can one doubt it when its so prevalent here? Overjoyed at the revelation of just such reincarnations, and bursting to share the joyous news, I often share my delight with the moderators, but alas they never share my happiness.
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 01:41 PM   #50
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
What's more absurd is that an offensive post might result in a short ban for a "special dynamic member" but they are then allowed to return will all the credits, reputation, and privileges that they had before the temporary ban.

Also, the number of new member who instantly develop an intimate knowledge of the nature of the place and adopt an almost identical offensive stance to a recently departed member is well, 'spiritually enlightening' I never really believed in reincarnation for TF, but how can one doubt it when its so prevalent here? Overjoyed at the revelation of just such reincarnations, and bursting to share the joyous news, I often share my delight with the moderators, but alas they never share my happiness.
Agreed. It's very discouraging to see new posters instantly start posting very negative opinions, not just about Caroline but about anyone. I'm always hopeful that there are a limited number of "bad" posters and optimistic that new posters might change the dynamic a bit but it does not look like that will ever happen.

Sometimes I wish that there was a separate sub forum reserved for negative posting. That way they could have their fun and we would be free to talk about tennis without having every thread devolve into reasons why tennis sucks and all the players are horrible.

Old Jun 28th, 2011, 02:25 PM   #51
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Agreed. It's very discouraging to see new posters instantly start posting very negative opinions, not just about Caroline but about anyone. I'm always hopeful that there are a limited number of "bad" posters and optimistic that new posters might change the dynamic a bit but it does not look like that will ever happen.
No chance. I've been a member here for seven years and it's always been like this. If anything the situation is worse than ever before. Most of the quality posters I remember from the early days have long since gone. Blast From the Past is quality wise by far the best forum of TF, but they of course only talk about retired players.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 05:02 PM   #52
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

I dunno if we could try inviting a few of the non-silly-comment-posting Caro fans from GM to post in this subforum as well.
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2011, 03:33 AM   #53
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Can something please be done about general messages threads with Caro bashing getting moved in here?

Also, can certain threads in this forum be stickied?

Thanks.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2011, 03:45 AM   #54
country flag Ryan
NeverWoz

Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute

Which threads would you like Stickied? Let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I'll take a look at the threads getting moved here and talk in the Mod Forum about it as well. I'll let you know what we turn up.
Ryan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2011, 03:47 AM   #55
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

I'll take a look at the threads getting moved here and talk in the Mod Forum about it as well. I'll let you know what we turn up.
Thank you,Ryan....Don't ever be a lyin' bugger like 'DownInAHole'

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Temporary Destination 6: Another step towards what will , eventually, be the FINAL Destination
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2011, 11:38 AM   #56
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Thank you,Ryan....Don't ever be a lyin' bugger like 'DownInAHole'

Old Jul 21st, 2011, 08:31 PM   #57
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I'd like the Danish Delight thread, the live scoring thread, the off topic thread, the photo thread, and the video thread to be stickied.

What about the rest of you all?
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 02:49 AM   #58
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Ryan,I agree with Protoss' suggestions for the sticky threads and,in another thread,I suggested that we not receive GM garbage of a gossippy nature any more than we'd want negative threads.Anything with a positive or praising tone would be welcome

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Temporary Destination 6: Another step towards what will , eventually, be the FINAL Destination
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 02:59 AM   #59
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I'd like the Danish Delight thread, the live scoring thread, the off topic thread, the photo thread, and the video thread to be stickied.

What about the rest of you all?
Honestly? I don't see the point as there are not many threads in here, the ones you mentioned are the only ones that are constantly used and at the top anyways.

I don't see how it would make much of a difference.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 03:19 AM   #60
country flag Ryan
NeverWoz

Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, 5 threads sticked in a Player Subforum is a little much, considering like Jimmie said they are the most frequented threads and stay near the top anyway. I think I'll look around the other player forums to get an idea of what they're like and see what we can work out.

bruce goose, can I ask what you mean by GM garbage of a gossipy nature?
Ryan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote