We could do with our own Mod(s) here. Comments, suggestions please. - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 20th, 2011, 07:28 PM   #31
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: We could do with our own Mod(s) here. Comments, suggestions please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I´m really starting to think that the people running these forums are actually happy about the vile atmosphere against Caro in GM, that's pretty much the only explanation why nothing's done about people like that.
They turn a blind eye to the trash talk and insults because it makes GM the success that it is in terms of the number of posts. Let's face it - there's LOTS of infantile nonsense posted at GM. If that wouldn't be allowed the number of posts would go down by 50% because most of those type of posters just are not capable of changing their tune and post anything of value to anyone else.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 20th, 2011, 07:43 PM   #32
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
They turn a blind eye to the trash talk and insults because it makes GM the success that it is in terms of the number of posts. Let's face it - there's LOTS of infantile nonsense posted at GM. If that wouldn't be allowed the number of posts would go down by 50% because most of those type of posters just are not capable of changing their tune and post anything of value to anyone else.
Part of the issue may be that some of them keep it *just the right side* of ban-worthy and simply plow the field of unacceptability until they either get bored or whatever.

Sadly, some people with seriously massive post counts engage in the petty arguments as well.
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 07:58 PM   #33
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
Part of the issue may be that some of them keep it *just the right side* of ban-worthy and simply plow the field of unacceptability until they either get bored or whatever.
Probably, yes. There should be a kind of point system used where a poster can get an infraction of anywhere between one and five points depending on how bad the offense is. When a poster has collected ten points in a say, three month period he/she should be banned for six months. When that member after his/her suspension starts participating again and again collects ten infraction points in a three month period he's/she's banned for life. The details shouldn't be exactly like what I've just suggested of course, but somekind of infraction points system is a good idea I think.

Old Jun 20th, 2011, 08:09 PM   #34

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

Yeah, that is a possibility. I'm not sure many of the people on the site consider the issue to be at such a level where a radical overhaul of things is required. I've not been here long enough really to know whether it's getting better or worse.

One of the other issues is: just because a person gets banned doesn't mean they can't come back again. I don't know if that's something they could perhaps fix?
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 08:23 PM   #35
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Yeah, that is a possibility. I'm not sure many of the people on the site consider the issue to be at such a level where a radical overhaul of things is required. I've not been here long enough really to know whether it's getting better or worse.
GM has been like this for as long as I've been a member, but the concentrated, never-ending bashing of one player by so many creeps as is the case here with Wozniacki is something I've never seen before. It sometimes happened to other players after a controversial match, but never for as long and to this degree, and for no obvious reason at that.

Quote:
One of the other issues is: just because a person gets banned doesn't mean they can't come back again. I don't know if that's something they could perhaps fix?
Well, they could check the IP adresses of new members to see if they are the same as those of banned members. That's an incredible amount of work though, especially on a forum as popular as this one.

Old Jun 20th, 2011, 08:29 PM   #36

Quote:
Well, they could check the IP adresses of new members to see if they are the same as those of banned members. That's an incredible amount of work though, especially on a forum as popular as this one.
Aye.

Something I don't understand is the business model for this site. An obvious answer to this whole issue would be that if the Woz-bashing got to such a point where it was actually making a dent in their profits then they may be more serious about dealing with it. But, yeah. I doubt that's going to be an eventuality we arrive at anytime soon.

There must just be something about Woz that kind of sets off this sort of reaction in people. I'm not sure what it is. I could have a guess but I don't know how accurate I'd be.
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 08:50 PM   #37
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Aye.

Something I don't understand is the business model for this site. An obvious answer to this whole issue would be that if the Woz-bashing got to such a point where it was actually making a dent in their profits then they may be more serious about dealing with it. But, yeah. I doubt that's going to be an eventuality we arrive at anytime soon.

There must just be something about Woz that kind of sets off this sort of reaction in people. I'm not sure what it is. I could have a guess but I don't know how accurate I'd be.
Well, as I've said in an older post, I don't really understand why we're posting at GM at all. The only reason why I'm back posting there is that a one man boycott is of no consequence. But if the Woz community would ever collectively decide not to post any longer at GM until the over the top hate towards Caro - and especially the tolerance thereof ceased to exist I'd be the first to support it. We obviously haven't reached that point yet, but I can imagine that there might come a time when it's the only option that's left.

Old Jun 20th, 2011, 08:57 PM   #38
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

It's pretty much the same 30 odd posters at the heart of it. One gets banned, then pouf! miraculously a new one appears... Of those 30 they are developing synchronised speech idiosyncrasies too. Posters of similar tone and fan base using the same Latin legal terms... Tracking IP's is easy, this issue is that you can change your IP in between 30 mins to 24 hrs depending on your provider and service type.

To me it feels like a dodgy 1970's public house, you have the same drunken bad mouthed regulars churning a steady income stream... In the modern world they are relegated to the park bench, and suddenly you have families, couples, locals, and a higher turnover.

Keeping the current status-quo doesn't fit with the expansion of the WTA, It's broad appeal, or tap its enormous fan base. I can't see any business reason for not clamping down. I Can't see sponsors running to this forum to be associated with GM.
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 09:01 PM   #39
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, as I've said in an older post, I don't really understand why we're posting at GM at all. The only reason why I'm back posting there is that a one man boycott is of no consequence. But if the Woz community would ever collectively decide not to post any longer at GM until the over the top hate towards Caro - and especially the tolerance thereof ceased to exist I'd be the first to support it. We obviously haven't reached that point yet, but I can imagine that there might come a time when it's the only option that's left.
a large portion of the Caroline fan base seem not to post in her player section at all.
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 09:06 PM   #40
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
a large portion of the Caroline fan base seem not to post in her player section at all.
Yeah, I've noticed that also. It definitely would be very difficult to get them to support any such action. O well, it was just an idea.

Old Jun 28th, 2011, 02:17 AM   #41
country flag Burisleif

I was pretty infuriated today to see a GM moderator posting what was essentially a pretty outrageous dose of smilies () and snark comments in the match thread in GM.

I guess that clarifies why so many abusive trolls are allowed to roam free, when the moderators share the sentiment, and permaban posters who dare do the same against say Maria and those that abuse Caro, even in a non abusive way.

Chrono (I hope Caro gets stabbed) is of course back, we still have abusive anti Caro hate posts from a hard core group of trolls that have been just as offensive. and we still don't have representation in GM.

By "special dynamic" are we supposed to read, protected status for certain trolls due to association?

I would love answers on this.

I give a very nice rendition of extreme verbal abuse if that's what admin expects and prefers from members, and will happily help boost the "special dynamic" in every non Caro player thread, and hell even in Caro threads if that helps. I might even know some words that would shock the trolls. just let me know.

Thanks.
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 07:13 AM   #42

You might end up getting banned if you started ragin' through GM, homeslice.

It seems to be like a mob mentality. There are a few kinda leaders and then a fair few others who just follow along with it.
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 08:59 AM   #43
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
I was pretty infuriated today to see a GM moderator posting what was essentially a pretty outrageous dose of smilies () and snark comments in the match thread in GM.

I guess that clarifies why so many abusive trolls are allowed to roam free, when the moderators share the sentiment, and permaban posters who dare do the same against say Maria and those that abuse Caro, even in a non abusive way.

Chrono (I hope Caro gets stabbed) is of course back, we still have abusive anti Caro hate posts from a hard core group of trolls that have been just as offensive. and we still don't have representation in GM.

By "special dynamic" are we supposed to read, protected status for certain trolls due to association?

I would love answers on this.

I give a very nice rendition of extreme verbal abuse if that's what admin expects and prefers from members, and will happily help boost the "special dynamic" in every non Caro player thread, and hell even in Caro threads if that helps. I might even know some words that would shock the trolls. just let me know.

Thanks.
Well, WTF are we even posting there? The mods obviously approve of the Caro bashing.
Take a look at this thread. Loads of posts ridiculing our girl, but as soon as I post a rather sarcastic (but perfectly polite) reply to all the crap (see the bottom of page three) the thread gets closed down within minutes.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=439076

Old Jun 28th, 2011, 09:29 AM   #44
country flag The Reff

The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all

Quote:
Well, WTF are we even posting there? The mods obviously approve of the Caro bashing.
Take a look at this thread. Loads of posts ridiculing our girl, but as soon as I post a rather sarcastic (but perfectly polite) reply to all the crap (see the bottom of page three) the thread gets closed down within minutes.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=439076
I think you're are reading that wrongly. You did two things in your post:
1 Pointed out the bashing (and that this was a bashing thread) - and
2 Mentioned that some Carofans actually also support the place financially

I think maybe your post played a part in getting the thread closed (see the bolded part above)
I have noticed an (ever so slightly) increase in people stating annoyance with the amount of Caro bashing in forum, since the last clamp-down on trolling (claycourter, spiffy and lately slugga-something) and I have noticed that this has resulted in threads getting closed.
It has not exactly put things (bashing-wise) to a standstill, but they have calmed down a bit (wonder if the return of WS is also a factor) and threads are not allowed to flourish to quite the same extent.
It's not enough and there's a lot of putrid posting, but something has changed - or so it feels to me.
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 10:22 AM   #45
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I didn't say that some fans support the place financially. I said that I support the place financially. I became a so-called "premium member" the other day, which costs 25 dollars. And what do you get back in return? Nothing more than the ability to choose a slightly bigger avatar. I was already enjoying the privilege to be pissed on by a bunch of psychotic trolls for free.