We could do with our own Mod(s) here. Comments, suggestions please. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 28th, 2011, 09:13 AM   #1
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
We could do with our own Mod(s) here. Comments, suggestions please.

With the unpleasant intrusion into our forum last night - the worst of which has now been removed - I PM'd Burisleif to say that I really think we need our own Mod for our forum. One of the things Burisleif said in reply was:

Quote:
I definitely think their is a case for a couple or three mods here in this section to share the load of admin and moving posts around, deletions etc. I think it unfair to burden one person unless they are really up for it.
I think that's a very good point.

I also said that the Mod needs to be a respected poster here who has the backing of most of us who post here. Also needs to be someone who is on the forum and not just here once in a while. And finally of course someone who would be willing to do do it.

I'm not exactly sure how we go about it. But I'd like to hear comments and if you agree suggestions for who before I suggest anyone.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 28th, 2011, 10:04 AM   #2
country flag The Reff

The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all The Reff is a name known to all
Re: We could do with our own Mod(s) here. Comments, suggestions please.

I wholeheartedly support the suggestion, if it's at all possible.
Yesterday was something else
I'm probably not contender to do it (newcommer, technically deficient and easily stressed) though, but will root for the one that's up for the task.

(will return with relevant suggestions if I come up with some)
The Reff is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2011, 11:34 AM   #3
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

It's definetely a good idea to have one or more moderators dedicated for this forum. There was actually a site announcement almost exactly a year ago that tennisforum wanted moderators for the "Scandinavian Sweeties" forum. Anyone could apply, but they (admins) would look at the poster's history etc. before making any decision. But it seems like noone was interested (or qualified)?

The tennisforum admins were aware that the need for moderation would be needed in the future for forums like "Scandinavian Sweeties" (w Caro's increasing popularity/success) and other forums as well (Tennis Belarusia, for instance). The announcement didn't get many hits, so I tried to draw attention to it in one of the Danish Delight threads, which led to a very brief discussion on the subject.
angliru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2011, 12:47 PM   #4
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Like the rest here, I think it's very much needed, especially considering recent trends.

As I mentioned to terjw, the Admin post asking about Moderators IIRC made no promises that it would happen. I don't know who applied (perhaps if anyone did they could mention it), I know I didn't being a newcomer short on time etc.

I think it would be helpful to know more about the duty demands of such a role etc. for users to make a more informed decision as to whether they are able to meet them, and hence the possible need for multiple lesser roles.

Frode would be a good person to ask, however as mentioned to terjw, he appears to be a huge Reds fan so might be a bit busy for a few days
Burisleif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2011, 01:03 PM   #5
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reff View Post
I wholeheartedly support the suggestion, if it's at all possible.
I agree

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2011, 01:07 PM   #6
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's definetely needed as well, this won't be the last time the trolls will be coming for this forum. The less attention they get in GM, the more they will come here..

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2011, 01:24 PM   #7
country flag EnerBC

EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all

Agree with the need for mod(s) here..
Really sad to see people of 20+ years show such little respect for other people, meaning the fans here and in the other players forums, that they come and post their harassments etc. in here where it's supposed to be constructive talk, we have GM for the other stuff alltho it's been allowed to go way too far there too.
EnerBC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2011, 01:38 PM   #8
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

IMO,Burisleif would be a good choice,as evidenced by how he shows a restrained,reason response even when he disagrees with or doesn't particularly like the offending poster

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2011, 05:38 PM   #9
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
IMO,Burisleif would be a good choice,as evidenced by how he shows a restrained,reason response even when he disagrees with or doesn't particularly like the offending poster
Burisleif is definitely a poster here I think would be a really good Moderator if he would want to do it. I can think of a few others who I think would be good such as C.W.Fields and DownInAHole and some others.

Either someone with a desire to do it can put their name forward. Or if not - perhaps we could come up with a shortlist that we would like. And ask them if they would be willing and of those that say yes - we could ask if they discuss it between them.

So I'd be interested if any one would really like to do it and some names people think it would be worth asking if no-one volunteers themself.

Old May 28th, 2011, 06:07 PM   #10
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

C.W. seems like a good choice. I don't think I've ever seen him get into an argument with anyone in GM so he must have a very levelheaded and judicial temperament.

Hopefully the unpleasant recent posts were an anomaly and there will not be too much work for a new moderator to do.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2011, 06:24 PM   #11
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

C.W. would be a good choice for a mod for the reasons stated above.

I wasn't online last night so I didn't see what went down. I saw a few obnoxious posts but did it get worse than that?

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2011, 06:49 PM   #12
country flag GAWOZFAN

GAWOZFAN is a name known to all GAWOZFAN is a name known to all GAWOZFAN is a name known to all GAWOZFAN is a name known to all GAWOZFAN is a name known to all GAWOZFAN is a name known to all GAWOZFAN is a name known to all GAWOZFAN is a name known to all GAWOZFAN is a name known to all GAWOZFAN is a name known to all GAWOZFAN is a name known to all

After yesterday's events in here, a Mod definitely sounds like a good idea. I'm all for intelligent and thoughtful discussion in here about tennis, it's why I lurk around here most everyday. But the hate and taunting of players is just uncalled for, it's why I won't post over in GM or most of the time, not even look over there.

I'm for any regular in here with a least a few thousand posts that would be willing to take on this task.
GAWOZFAN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2011, 12:49 PM   #13
country flag Nena_xxx

Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold Nena_xxx is a splendid one to behold

A Mod who will take charge of Scandinavian Sweeties sounds good to me. Anyone who will do the this job proper, is more that welcome.
Nena_xxx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2011, 10:39 PM   #14
country flag terjw

I think Burisleif is right about Frode beind a huge reds fan and might be busy for a few days. I did PM him but so far am still waiting for a reply. Anyway - when I get a reply I'll let you all know on this thread.

Old May 31st, 2011, 10:50 AM   #15
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

C.W., Jorn or angliru would be good choices.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote